Moved to 2013-10-15.
« previous week | index | next week »
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of the Tree
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Product Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Roundtable
- 3 Welcome!
- 4 <meta>
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
Friends of the Tree
- WilliamR and the mozillians.org team for making improvements to mozillians.org, our community directory
- Edmund Wong and Community IT (but especially ewong!) for migrating badg.us to Community IT Infrastructure
- Blog post ~ OpenBadges, badg.us & Community IT
- SnappyK (Karen Scarfone) for her 1000s (yes thousands!) of edits for the MDN New theme beta launch right before the summit: uncountable copy-edits, mass tagging, during the week, during the week-end! An amazing performance! Thank you!
- Arpad Borsos (Swatinem) for multiple TBPL performance and memory use improvements (buglist, will be in production in the next few days).
- The volunteer app reviewers who are really moving the Firefox Marketplace apps review queue along. Kudos and thank you to all involved.
- Potch and Barry M for introducing and championing MozillaVoices.com during the Summit. Now at 626,552 voices !!
If you have attended TRIBE, Awareness of Self and would like to attend I AM typing, there are limited spots available for the Bay Area Session October 23-24th.
If you would like to participate please check out the Wiki for sign up information.
Here is a list of all the Maker Party Events taking place this week: Upcoming Events
If you're curious about the new Mountain View office, check out the Construction WebCam page on Air Mozilla
Monday, 14 October
- MAKER PARTY: Cookeville, TN: TN Code Camp-Cookeville is a week-long day camp to teach computer code and programming to youth. This is a unique opportunity for this region and allows the youth to be exposed to the skills of today's and tomorrow's world.
Tuesday, 15 October
- MAKER PARTY: Jharkhand, India: MozKitchenParty@Jsr is the first Maker Party event in Jharkhand, India. This will be a kitchen party to introduce Mozilla and the Mozilla mission through innovative work with the webmaker tools.
Wednesday, 16 October
Thursday, 17 October
Friday, 18 October
- 8:00 AM Pacific / 13:00 UTC: Community IT Bi-Monthly Meetup
- Agenda and dial-in information (feel free to add items to the agenda)
Saturday, 19 October
- MAKER PARTY: London, United Kingdom: WIRED Next Generation is "an event to inspire young minds, showcasing innovators, designers, coders, inventors, artists and performers." Make Things Do Stuff will partner with Wired to run workshops for young people at Next Generation!
Sunday, 20 October
- MAKER PARTY: Toronto, Canada: The week-long Webmaking for Nannies workshop is the second of the Webmaking for Nannies series. The concept is pretty simple: Enable nannies to become Webmaker coaches to their wards. The learning setting for them is very informal and the expectation ranges from sharing some bits of info about Webmaker initiatives to doing demos of the tools. The over-arching goal is to get their wards interested and motivated about Webmaking.
Wednesday, October 30, 6pm - 9pm Moz SF + AirMozilla
Mozilla's 4th WebFWD cohort is graduating! See how web entrepreneurs are helping keep the web more open! Details at http://webfwdivgraduation.eventbrite.com
Product Status Updates (voice updates)
Older Branch Work
Speaker Location: Ioana Chiorean, Romania
- New council members
- Guillermo Movia - https://reps.mozilla.org/u/deimidis/
- Majda Nafissa Rahal - https://reps.mozilla.org/u/majda/
- Nikos Roussos - https://reps.mozilla.org/u/comzeradd/
- Sayak Sarkar - https://reps.mozilla.org/u/sayak_bugsmith/
- Mozfest - some of the reps will be attending it
- Rep of Month for September - Galaxy Kadiyala https://reps.mozilla.org/u/galaxyk/
- Big thanks to all that helped out to be able to have a wonderful Summit. Huge thanks to all Reps that stepped in! Some quick examples:
- Gloria was part of the leadership panel q&a (TO) and Arturo was the MC at the TO summit.
- Ioana And WilliamQ - site host leads (BRU, SC)
- as always for any suggestions or questions e-mail the council: reps-council alias
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Amy Tsay||Add-ons Community Manager||October's pick-of-the-month||10 fwd||Yes||google.com and addons.mozilla.org in separate tabs||https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/google-search-link-fix/|
|Robyn Chau||Events Program Manager||Developer Engagement's NEW Event Request System!||San Francisco||Yes||http://bit.ly/GYRWuG||Email Robyn Chau at firstname.lastname@example.org. Wiki page to follow!|
|Barry Munsterteiger||Creative Instigator||San Francisco Mozilla Monument||San Francisco||No||https://wiki.mozilla.org/Monument||An email will be sent out very soon. questions can be sent to: email@example.com|
|Mardi Douglass||Summit||Post Summit updates||Seattle (home)||No|
|Dia Bondi||Summit||Post Summit thank yous||San Francisco||No|
|Dave Miller||IT/Telecom||120 seconds with IT||Michigan (home)||no||Updates listed in IT section below|
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we'll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
|Who are you?||Area of question||Question|
|What's your name? What do you work on?||Is your question about policy, a product, a Foundation initiative, etc.||What would you like to know?|
|David Weir and a contributor||Summit question.|| Where can we see pictures from the summit if you were not there?
|Mary Trobley||Harvey Anderson will address||We have noticed a lack of diversity in leadership positions which was in stark contrast to the makeup of Mozillians on the whole. We would like to know if this is important to leadership, and if so in what ways? What plans can we make to address it? We need effort from across the organization to address it effectively.|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians!
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Alphan Chen||Taipei||Firefox OS - Devices team|
|Marvin Khoo||Taipei||Firefox OS - Product Management|
|Eric Chang||Taipei||Firefox OS - QA team|
|Star Cheng||Taipei||Firefox OS - Devices team|
|Jane Hsu||Taipei||Firefox OS - Product Marketing, GTM (go to market)|
|Bevis Tseng||Taipei||Firefox OS - RIL team|
|Mike Tsai||Taipei||Firefox OS - UX (User Experience) team|
|Lu Cui||Alan Chang||Mountain View||Mountain View||Accounting|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
120 seconds with IT (normally 60 seconds, but it's been two weeks ;) )
- We were involved with some last-minute summit help to make sure things ran more smoothly:
- The database team helped by rolling out data updates to mozillians.org so that all the features of the summit.mozilla.org webapp worked for everyone.
- Guillermo Huerta from the End User Serivces group performed an epic toronto -> mountian view -> brussels weekend journey so that we could stream talks via airmo in Brussels.
- We performed an upgrade to etherpad so that complex character sets no longer crash the application. This means that etherpad was more stable during the summit and will be from here on out.
- During our regular 6 week maintenance window (pushed out by one week because of the summit), we performed bugzilla upgrades to move Tracking Flags from custom fields to the new style table structure.
- We completed the migration of external DNS hosting for mozilla.org to Akamai, our highly available redundant third party provider.
- Our outside number for the new Paris office is now online (the advertised phone number for directly calling that office works now, and it speaks French) (+33 184 88 37 37)
- Our outside number for the Portland office is now online (+1 971 544-8000)
- Moved the remaining Mountain View phone lines from Telepacific to Level 3, which involved a heroic last minute effort by Mike Poessy and Henri Langi to make sure the fax machine continued to work. This removed our last dependence on "traditional" phone lines in Mountain View, everything is now VoIP.
- The "clapclap" application that controls the lights in Mountain View got fixed so you can actually hear the responses again.