- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x2000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (max 48 users at any time)
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x2000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x2000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x2000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x2000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x2000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x2000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x2000 Conf# 8600
- sip:firstname.lastname@example.org or, for some clients, sip:email@example.com (may not work for all rooms)
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Roundtable
- 3 Welcome!
- 4 <meta>
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Again, big thanks to Kohei Yoshino to all his amazing pull requests, triaging, and contributions to Web Productions and specifically the Australis launch on mozilla.org! Without Kohei, it would have been difficult to deliver all of the changes and new content for last Tuesday's Fx 29 launch. <8
- Big thanks to the outgoing Featured Add-ons Board--Michael Balazs, Si Howard, Rejah Rehim, Swarnava Sengupta, Muhammad Mehmood Ali, and Jithin Joji Anchanattu! They were responsible for selecting all the featured add-ons on AMO for the past six months. Deadline to apply for the next board is tomorrow! More info: https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2014/04/30/apply-featured-board/
- Many thanks to Jonas Witmer for helping out with over 100 Web Compatibility bugs in the Tech Evangelism component!
Monday, 05 May
- Write the Docs North America in Portland, Oregon, US
- Mozilla is an Editor level sponsor
- Mozillians Christie Koehler, Eric Shepherd, Luke Crouch, Janet Swisher, Will Bamberg, and Kris Maglione are participating
- "Write the Docs is a series of conferences and local meetups focused on documentation systems, tech writing theory, and information delivery.
Writing and maintaining documentation involves the talents of a multidisciplinary community of technical writers, designers, typesetters, developers, support teams, marketers, and many others.
Our conferences create a time and a place for the global community of documentarians to share information, discuss ideas, and work together to improve the art and science of documentation. "
Tuesday, 06 May
- WebDev Monthly Extravaganza (10:30am PT, open to all), webdev Vidyo
- Do you do web development? So do we! Come hang out with us and talk about web development at Mozilla!
Wednesday, 07 May
- Homebrew Website Club Meetup, 18:30-19:30 at Mozilla SF. Description:
Any questions? See the wiki page or irc://irc.freenode.net/indiewebcamp.
Are you building your own website? Indie reader? Personal publishing web app? Or some other digital magic-cloud proxy?
If so (or you want to!), come on by and join a gathering of people with like-minded interests. Bring your friends that want to start a personal web site. Exchange information, swap ideas, talk shop, help work on a project...
Thursday, 08 May
Friday, 09 May
- ScotlandJS in Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
- Mozillian Angelina Fabbro is speaking.
- TEDx Thessaloniki in Thessaloniki, Greece
- Mozillian Christian Heilmann speaking on how apps are not an evolution but a step backwards
- Institute for Women’s Leadership, which runs educational and exchange programs for women all over the world including the TechWomen program that Mozilla gets 'mentees' from, are holding an event at the Mozilla SF office called "Beyond Balance" with speaker Barbara Fittipaldi aimed at increasing women's leadership and empowerment.
Saturday, 10 May
Sunday, 11 May
Webmaker: We’re helping people to teach the web starting May 12 with a free online training course. Here’s how you can join to help mentor, learn, or just observe: https://blog.webmaker.org/free_training_may12
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- Johnathan Nightingale and John Jensen will talk about the Firefox 29 "Australis" Launch.
Speaker Location: remote (mfinkle)
- Web Activities landed in Nightly
- Starting to experiment with First-run and Contextual hint systems to address some feedback issues
- People can get lost and not know what to do next
- People have a hard time "discovering" some of Firefox's features
- Working on small "helper" UI (like this) to make using Firefox for Android easier
- Search widget experiments continue
- Firefox Hub Add-on Hackathon is happening this week. Learn more.
- We’re helping people to teach the web starting May 12 with a free online training course. Here’s how you can join to help mentor, learn, or just observe: https://blog.webmaker.org/free_training_may12
Speaker Location: San Francisco
One of Mozilla’s goals this year is to increase the size of the community by 10 times.
What will these 20,000 active contributors be doing? That is something that the Community Building team has been spending the last few months looking into.
We’ve come up with a list of areas that have both high growth potential and align with our strategic goals.
- Location Services
- User Research
- Web Compatibility
To see all of the teams we’re supporting with their community building efforts, check out this dashboard.
Are there high growth potential opportunities that we're missing? Are you looking for help bringing contributors in to your project? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Speaker Location: mjeffries, San Francisco
Conference Room Survey Update:
- Thanks to everyone who took the time to scan and fill out our conference room survey
- Here are some of the top issues from last week: WiFi Connectivity, improved input methods in some conference rooms (instead of the IR remotes)
- The good news: These line up with what IT feels are the top issues as well!
- We are actively working on these issues and will provide updates as they get resolved
- Don’t be shy: Keep the feedback coming! Scan and go!
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Diane Tate||Developer Relations||Vision Mobile Developer Economics Survey -- open thru end of Thurs May 8||San Francisco||No||No||Take the survey at http://www.vmob.me/DE3Q14Mozilla. And distribute this in newsletters, blogs, twitter posts, etc - more fodder for those is at https://data.visionmobile.com/survey-campaigns/DE3Q14Mozilla/promo-material/882785a6026f1b2e48a00fd15d1befe8|
|Chris Riley||Sr. Policy Engineer||Net Neutrality||San Francisco||No||https://blog.mozilla.org/netpolicy/|
|Darren Herman||Content Services||Directory Tiles update||New York (remote)||No||https://wiki.mozilla.org/Content_services|
|Alex Fowler||Privacy and public policy||Yahoo! and DNT||San Francisco||No||http://yahoopolicy.tumblr.com/post/84363620568/yahoos-default-a-personalized-experience|
|Mary Ellen Muckerman||Engagement / Brand||MozCamp update||San Francisco||No|
|Blake Kaplan (mrbkap)||Platform engineer||Electrolysis update||New York (remote)||No|
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we'll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
|Who are you?||Area of question||Question|
|What's your name? What do you work on?||Is your question about policy, a product, a Foundation initiative, etc.||What would you like to know?|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer(s)||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer(s)?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where is the new person based?||What will the new person be doing?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Cameron Zwarich||Azita Rashed||Mountain View||Mountain View||Research Engineering - Servo|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.