- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Roundtable
- 3 Welcome!
- 4 <meta>
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Thanks to community member Nicolas [:qll] for contributing a security section to the WebDev Bootcamp!
- Thanks to community members Errietta Kostala, Georgiana, Afshin Mehrabani, François Marier, Neil Bleasdale (twice!) and Bernd Loeber for replacing inline scripts and styles with safer alternatives in Firefox's codebase!
- Thank you to everyone who participated in the first-ever Marketplace Day last Thursday. A few dozen volunteers and staff got together online and collaborated, filing bugs, running tests, translating strings, updating documentation, and working on visual design. We look forward to connecting again at the next Marketplace Day in June (date TBD).
- Congratulations to Andreas Wagner [:TheOne], who became the 5th most prolific add-on reviewer of all time (and 2nd among volunteers), with over 4,000 add-on reviews since he began contributing in 2009. Because he is made of Awesome, he also has a few hundred app reviews under his belt, and recently collected a Firefox security bounty to boot.
- Thanks to community members Andre Garzia, Elisa Xitlali, Daniel Anez Scott, and Inma Barrios for their fantastic localization work on Apps Blog Mother's Day posts in Spanish and Portuguese.
Monday, 12 May
Tuesday, 13 May
Wednesday, 14 May
Thursday, 15 May
- 10:00 AM Pacific / 17:00 UTC: Grow Mozilla discussion -- a forum for discussing community building at Mozilla
- Agenda and dial-in information (feel free to add items to the agenda)
Friday, 16 May
- Education Working group: Friday, 16 May at 16:00 UTC / 9am PT. In your timezone and how to participate. Agenda.
Saturday, 17 May
Sunday, 18 May
Wednesday, May 21st - Mozillians Town Hall (2014 Goals) - Add Services to our Product Lines / Account Services
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Speaker Location: toronto (johnath)
- New Tab Experiments
- and a brief reflection on news coverage of what we do at Mozilla
Speaker Location: nonverbal
- We need your help to teach people how to teach the web! Our free online training course starts today. Here's more information on how you can jump in: http://training.webmakerprototypes.org/en/
Speaker Location: nonverbal
- We'll be running a multi-site global sprint this July for tools and curriculum. Want to help? Get in touch!
- Did you miss our community call last week on educational initiatives in open science? Catch up on the presentations in the etherpad (notes at the bottom).
- Catch up on the latest Software Carpentry news in Ivan Gonzalez's weekly roundup on the blog.
Speaker Location: San Francisco
One of Mozilla’s goals this year is to increase the size of the community by 10 times.
Help us reach that goal (and look good while doing it) by using one of your two new MozLove t-shirts to bring in a new contributor.
Not sure how to do that? Check out this simple 3 step guide to connect new people to Mozilla:
- Tell them about our mission
- Tell them we need their help
- Tell them where to find opportunities
To get more help with connecting people to projects at Mozilla, come to the Grow Mozilla discussion this Thursday at 10 pacific or join the discussion on the email@example.com mailing list.
Please mark your calendars for an Apps and Marketplace Town Hall at 10am PDT, Thursday, May 29th. We'll show some cool demoes, talk about the awesome stuff we're doing, and show how Mozillians can help.
Speaker Location: mjeffries, San Francisco
A/V issues update
IT/Operations is working to reduce AV issues overall. We are prioritizing these issues based on user needs and requirements, because ultimately Video Conferencing should be like making a phone call. It just works. So please take this opportunity to let us know what is important to you when it comes to Vidyo and how it could be better. We are excited to get your feedback
Please note we are looking for feedback on the VidyoDesktop Client specifically (vs. using Vidyo in a conference room, where it's not run from your laptop).
Data Center Move Update
As you know, IT is moving from scl1 to scl3 for cost savings (over $900K saved so far, and growing!). The "end user visible" part of the process will be starting early on Monday May 19, and continue for approx. 5-6 weeks. We'll be announcing the details during various engineering meetings next week.
The long term benefits include: - continued cost reduction - faster response time for technical issues
The short term impact includes: - only impacts engineering - build farm capacity will be degraded at times (especially M-Tu) - no tree closures are anticipated. - releng will be extra busy during the moves.
We'll push a more detailed note to the dev-platform list,so you can direct any followup questions there. Check it out: https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-platform
Speaker Location: Austin (miketaylr)
- Bing maps works now in Firefox for Android :applause-emoji:
- techmundo.com.br (top 100 in Brazil) now recognizes Firefox OS as a mobile device (+ua-override removed)
- nzherald.co.nz also sending Firefox OS users to mobile sites.
- Up-and-coming furniture startup ikea.com also recognizes Firefox OS as a mobile device.
- Check out the Firefox Site Compatibility project started by Kohei Yoshino if you are interested in tracking, documenting, or otherwise learning about backward compatibility and regressions in Firefox.
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Laura Thomson||Release Engineering||Data center move SCL1->SCL3||Remote||No||n/a||http://www.laurathomson.com/2014/05/data-center-consolidation-or-how-to-save-900k-a-year/|
|Kristin Baird||Working on MozCamp||MozCamp India||San Francisco||No||No||https://wiki.mozilla.org/MozCamps_2014 (WIP)|
|Mardi Douglass||Town Halls||2014 Goals Town Halls Schedule||Seattle (remote)||No||No||https://wiki.mozilla.org/2014_Goals_Town_Hall_Schedule#Top_Line_2014_Goals_Schedule|
|Michael Verdi||Help Firefox users||Inviting you all to take a couple of minutes to help Firefox users||San Antonio (remote)||No - talk is pre-recorded||Yes - Video Playing from SFO|| https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/help-firefox-29-users-sumo |
Michael's Video: https://air.mozilla.org/help-answer-firefox-questions/
|Chris Riley||Sr. Policy Engineer||Net Neutrality, Week 2||San Francisco||No||No||https://blog.mozilla.org/netpolicy/2014/05/05/protecting-net-neutrality-and-the-open-internet/|
|Christie Koehler||Mozilla Wiki Mission and Scope||Requesting feedback on our proposed mission and scope for the Mozilla Wiki.||Portland||No||No||blog post with details, proposed mission and scope|
|Kensie Connor||Reps||Community IT||Toronto (remote)||No||No||communityit on IRC, mission statement, Discourse category|
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we'll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
|Who are you?||Area of question||Question|
|What's your name? What do you work on?||Is your question about policy, a product, a Foundation initiative, etc.||What would you like to know?|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer(s)||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer(s)?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where is the new person based?||What will the new person be doing?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|John Lu||Tim Chien||Taipei Office||Taipei Office||Firefox OS|
|Kilik Kuo / Kershaw Chang||Marco Chen||Taipei Office||Taipei Office||Firefox OS|
|Gerry Chang||Al Tsai||Taipei Office||Taipei Office||Firefox OS|
|Tamara Hills||Faramarz Rashed||Mountain View||New Jersey||Firefox OS|
|Kit Cambridge||Toby Elliott||MV||SF||Cloud Services|
|David Garvey||Derek Moore||SF||SF||DC-Ops|
|Jeffrey Garver||Denelle Dixon-Thayer||SF||SF||Legal - Employment & Product|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Christian Weiss||Matthew Claypotch||Mountain View||Mountain View||Apps Engineering|
|Paul Nispel||Jonathan Eads||Mountain View||San Francisco||Automation & Tools|
|Gabriel Luong||Heather Arthur||Mountain View||San Francisco||Developer Tools|
|Connor Brem||Jordan Santell||Mountain View||San Francisco||Developer Tools|
|Eric Edens||Chenxia Liu||Mountain View||San Francisco||Firefox for Android|
|Shihua Zheng||Ben Turner||Mountain View||San Francisco||Platform Engineering - WebAPI|
|Anhad Jai Singh||Hal Wine||Mountain View||San Francisco||Release Engineering|
|Pranav Maddi||Bhavana Bajaj||Mountain View||Mountain View||Release Management|
|Luqman Aden||Brian Anderson||Mountain View||Mountain View||Research|
|Vincent St-Amour||Shu-yu Guo||Mountain View||San Francisco||Research|
|Corey Richardson||Brian Anderson||Mountain View||Mountain View||Research|
|David Hayden Demerson||Zhenshuo Fang||Mountain View||San Francisco||User Experience Design|
|Aabha Biyani||Daniel Veditz||Mountain View||Mountain View||Web Security|
|Jonathan Bailey||Mike Lee||Mountain View||Mountain View||Firefox OS|
|Valentin Tsatskin||Francis Djabri||San Francisco||San Francisco||Firefox OS|
|Sylvain Cleymans||Brad Lassey||Mountain View||Mountain View||Mobile Development|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.