- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (max 48 users at any time)
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x92 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x92 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x92 Conf# 8600
- sip:firstname.lastname@example.org or, for some clients, sip:email@example.com (may not work for all rooms)
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Roundtable
- 3 Welcome!
- 4 <meta>
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- 4.1.1 Firefox
- 4.1.2 Platform
- 4.1.3 Cloud Services
- 4.1.4 Messaging
- 4.1.5 Mobile
- 4.1.6 IT
- 4.1.7 Release Engineering
- 4.1.8 QA
- 4.1.9 Automation & Tools
- 4.1.10 Security
- 4.1.11 Engagement
- 4.1.12 Web Compat
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Congratulations to Emily Pierce, Gen Kanai, Ankit Gadgil, and Gauthram Raj, this week's Community Building Superstars! Keep being great and doing what you do for the Open Web!
- Localizers from Mozilla's Tamil community for stepping up and translating app strings. Hat-tip to SyedKhaleel Jageer and viswaprasathKS for lending their support. Want to get more involved in app localization? Visit https://www.transifex.com/organization/mozilla-tech-evangelism/ or ping havi@ or havi on IRC
Monday, 28 July
- There's a new and improved about:Mozilla newsletter form! It's much shorter and easier to fill out. Please fill it out by Monday in order to have your contribution activities considered for the newsletter!
- Join us at 2pm Pacific for the Marketplace community meeting--there are changes coming to the Marketplace Day format, so come and get involved: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Marketplace/Community/Meetings
Tuesday, 29 July
- Mozillians Town Hall (2014 Goals) Developer Relations : https://air.mozilla.org/town-hall-2014-goals-developer-relations/
- 10:00am PT - 11:00am PT
Wednesday, 30 July
- MDN Community meeting: in #mdn on IRC, 10:00 PDT, 17:00 UTC. See/add to the Agenda.
- 7/30 @1:30PM 1:30- Pranav Maddi, "Tracking Firefox health" MV
- 7/30 @2PM 2- Shihua Zheng, "Locale-aware sorting on IndexedDB" SF
- Chicago, Minneapolis, Portland, and @MozSF!
- 7/30 17:30-18:30 Independent Writing Hour
- 7/30 18:30-19:30 IndieWeb discussions and hack night
Any questions? See the wiki page for details or irc://irc.freenode.net/indiewebcamp.
Are you building your own website? Indie reader? Personal publishing web app? Or some other digital magic-cloud proxy?
If so (or you want to!), come on by and join a gathering of people with like-minded interests. Bring your friends that want to start a personal web site. Exchange information, swap ideas, talk shop, help work on a project...
Thursday, 31 July
- QA Fair in the Mt. View office - see https://quality.mozilla.org/2014/07/come-prepared-to-explore-the-world-of-mozilla-at-our-qa-fair/
Friday, 01 August
Saturday, 02 August
Sunday, 03 August
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Speaker Location: non-verbal
- v2.1 development kicked off last week (Jul 21) -- new features have been updated on the Firefox OS Roadmap
Speaker Location: Amira Dhalla and Chris Lawrence (Brooklyn)
Maker Party update: As of this morning, Maker Party has 873 events with 47,790 attendees in 220 cities around the world. We're seeing a lot of enthusiastic conversation on social media, and in announcements and blog posts from our ~270 partners.
You can see some recent press here:
In addition to our partner and press outreach, we're also seeing success by activating the Mozillian community—Reps, Hive, Science Lab.
Introducing the Net Neutrality Global Teach-ins and training:
Starting next week, we'll be offering free trainings on the topic of Net Neutrality, in preparation for a series of Global Net Neutrality Teach-ins, as part of Maker Party. Go here for more info: https://blog.webmaker.org/join-mozilla-for-global-teach-ins-on-net-neutrality
Our partners include: Reddit, Free Press, Open Media, IMLS / ALA, Media Alliance Every Library and Engine Advocacy.
Non-verbal: Marketplace team is looking for some app developers to give them feedback on a new way of doing in-app payments. The new process does not require the app developer to run a server. If you are an app developer, thinking of using payments, please join us on the marketplace mailing list or on IRC in #payments.
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Kristin Baird||Director of Integrated Marketing||Grow Tunisia - Event and Application to Attend||SF||No||No||https://wiki.mozilla.org/Grow_2014#Grow_Tunisia|
|William Reynolds||Product manager, Community Tools||Improvements to vouching on mozillians.org||SF||No||No||https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mozillians/Vouching|
|Liz Compton||Legal Affairs Manager||Improving Trademark Enforcement Efforts||MV||No||No||https://docs.google.com/a/mozilla.com/document/d/1G_fHEzN3BjAcO3MTD2Y1xphZ5LqwMEdDgZmUizCCJsQ/edit?usp=sharing|
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we'll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
|Who are you?||Area of question||Question|
|What's your name? What do you work on?||Is your question about policy, a product, a Foundation initiative, etc.||What would you like to know?|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer(s)||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer(s)?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where is the new person based?||What will the new person be doing?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Alex Bardas||Drew Willcoxon||Mountain View||San Francisco||FFX Engineering|
|Marco Castelluccio||Myk Melez||Mountain View||San Francisco||Web Runtime Engineering|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
Applications to participate in the Flame Foxtrot program are now closed and being reviewed by the Foxtrot team. Everyone who applied will be contacted in the next few weeks. Details & updates on this and Flame at the Flame wiki.
Automation & Tools
Quick report on webcompat.com: making progress on viewing and interacting with issues from the site itself, e.g., http://webcompat.com/issues/200.
Big thanks to Daniel Davis, Alexa Roman, Guillaume Demesy, Karl Dubost, Vlad Filippov for their ongoing contributions.