- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (max 48 users at any time)
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x92 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x92 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x92 Conf# 8600
- sip:firstname.lastname@example.org or, for some clients, sip:email@example.com (may not work for all rooms)
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Roundtable
- 3 Welcome!
- 4 <meta>
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
Hagen Halbach (Fux)for helping out on IRC #contributors channel and showing April how to work the IRC commands
Jaipradeesh Janarthanan for clearing out a huge backlog of about 80 apps that were submitted to the tarako Marketplace.
- FYI: The Internet and Mobile world expo last week was a massive success. According to the organisers the Romanian community was amazing to work with and we were the most professional and not "sales" booth showing off both Flame devices and tablets and answering a lot of people's requests. We also managed to get a 3D photo scanning company excited about MozJPEG and Chris Heilmann's presentation on mobile trends and future was standing room only. The following speaker training hints at some great talks by reps coming from Romania soon. A massive thank you to the Romanian community for all their efforts.
- The Portland cohort of the Ascend Project wraps up this Friday. 18 people are completing the 6 weeks of accelerated learning how to make open source contributions and have dived in to several areas of Mozilla. There will be closing presentations this Thursday and Friday on Air Mozilla.
- Thank you to Community IT for their amazing work on the Mozilla Guides project!
- Thank you to C. Liang from WebOps who did a great job helping rollout bugfixes to MozillaWiki this week
Monday, 13 October
- Oct 11-14, 2014
- Dublin, Ireland
- Mozillians Ian Connolly, Stephen Murphy, Padraic Harley are participating
- Oct 13 2014
- Mozilla SF
- Lightning talks on topics of interest to anyone who cares about development of technical woman and the open web/open infrastructure in the Middle East and Africa
Tuesday, 14 October
Wednesday, 15 October
- there will be no Mobile Meeting on Air Mozilla until further notice
Thursday, 16 October
- 10:00 AM Pacific / 17:00 UTC: Grow Mozilla discussion -- a forum for discussing community building at Mozilla
- Agenda and dial-in information (feel free to add items to the agenda)
- Oct 16 - 18, Paris-Web, Paris France: Tristan Nitot and Julien Wajsberg will be speaking at this Francophone conference for people who make the web.
- Its SuMo Day a day for all contributors to help on the SuMo forums
- Ascend Project final presentations on Air Mozilla starting at 11am Pacific time.
Friday, 17 October
- Ascend Project final presentations on Air Mozilla starting at 11am Pacific time.
- Webdev Beer and Tell at 2PM Pacific in the Webdev Vidyo room (and streaming on AirMo)
- Open to the public!
- Monthly get-together where webdevs across the community show off their side projects.
Saturday, 18 October
Sunday, 19 October
- Oct 23-24, San Francisco: PhoneGap Day US http://pgday.phonegap.com/us2014/ - pls help spread the word!
- Workshop day: Thurs, Firefox OS App Workshop presented by Jason Weathersby & Piotr Zalewa
- Conference day: Jason Weathersby (speaker): Cordova, Firefox OS & new tools for app development
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Speaker Location: Mountain View
- Firefox 10th Anniversary (Eric Petitt intro)
Speaker Location: remote on Vidyo
- Gaming promotion (Bill Maggs)
Speaker Location: Portland
- Aurora and developers update (Dave Camp)
Speaker Location: MTV (Asa Dotzler)
- Firefox OS in the News:
- 3 continents, 12 smartphones, 13 operators, 24 countries: Firefox OS is now available on three continents with 12 smartphones offered by 13 operators in 24 countries. Three ultra-affordable smartphones recently launched in India and Bangladesh and a forth is on the way. Telefónica has had recent launches in El Salvador, Panama, Nicaragua and Guatemala and Deutsche Telekom launched the first Firefox OS devices in the Czech Republic and Macedonia. There's much more over at the Mozilla Blog.
- Zen Mobile has announced a low cost mobile phone for India available later this month. Zen Mobile is fourth vendor to sell ultra-affordable phones based on Firefox OS in India. The price is expected to be about $32.
- Gaia crossed 25,000k pull requests in GitHub.
- Firefox OS Development:
- 120 people made ~250 checkins during the last week (measured Sunday through Saturday)
- We have 6 first time committers to Gaia and Gonk this week!
- Eden Chuang who joined the the Devices Engineering team in Taipei last month, fixed 1074604 - PC could not sync video which is recorded by device when MTP enable and USB plugged in
- Igor Leturia, of Elhuyar Fundazioa, has landed 1007547 - Basque: auto-correction and auto-suggestion
- Justin Obara fixed "good first bug" 1069380 - Use link role instead of button for open action in cards view
- Aaron Irvine fixed "good first bug" 940041 - Add Esperanto keyboard layout
- Aniket fixed "good first bug" 1043643 - Migrate tests to use shared mock_l10n
- Portuguese localizer Cláudio Esperança, fixed 1077022 - European Portuguese (pt-PT) based keyboard is missing from gaia repository
- Schedule Reminder: 2.1 Feature Complete (FC) is today. Any assistance on remaining blcokers for 2.1 greatly appreciated.
- Firefox OS features and fixes highlights:
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Andrea Zingerman||HRIS Analyst||Jobvite New UI||Mountain View||No||http://bit.ly/ZTBPYz||Watch for an upcoming email!|
|Christopher Arnold||Business Development||Webmaker Event Sponsorships on Indiegogo||San Francisco||No||https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/corozal-web-training-camp/x/281044||Fund yours! https://www.indiegogo.com/partners/mozilla|
|Curtis Koenig||Security||Python Learning Group||Remote: my basement||No||https://wiki.mozilla.org/Learn_python||https://wiki.mozilla.org/Learn_python|
|Anthony Duignan-Cabrera||Engagement||The Open Standard Update||Remote: NYC||Yes||https://openstandard.mozilla.org/|
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we'll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
|Who are you?||Area of question||Question|
|What's your name? What do you work on?||Is your question about policy, a product, a Foundation initiative, etc.||What would you like to know?|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer(s)||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer(s)?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where is the new person based?||What will the new person be doing?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Teri Wen||Gerry Chang||Taipei Office||Taipei Office||Firefox OS QA Engineer|
|Ben Hsu||Szu-Yu Chen||Taipei office||Taipei office||Firefox OS_Software Engineer|
|Lindsay Saunders||Caitlin Galimidi||San Francisco||San Francisco||Marketplace Payments and Product Delivery|
|Parul Mathur||Tony Chung||Mountain View||Mountain View||Firefox OS QA Engineer|
|Michelle Marovich||David Slater||Mountain View||Mountain View||Talent acquisition|
|JC Jones||Richard Barnes||Mountain View||Arizona (remote)||Security Engineer|
|David Almstrom||Bertrand Neveux||San Francisco||Sweden (remote)||Marketplace Content Ecosystem Product Manager|
|Francisco Rodriguez Struck||Karen Ward||Mountain View||Mexico (remote)||Firefox OS Partner Integration Program Manager|
|Marshall Erwin||Jeff Garver||Mountain View||Mountain View||Data collection & security|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
33.1, Firefox 10th Anniversary happenings wiki: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Decade