- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x2000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (max 48 users at any time)
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x2000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x2000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x2000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x2000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x2000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x2000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x2000 Conf# 8600
- sip:firstname.lastname@example.org or, for some clients, sip:email@example.com (may not work for all rooms)
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Roundtable
- 3 Welcome!
- 4 <meta>
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- 4.1.1 Firefox
- 4.1.2 Platform
- 4.1.3 Cloud Services
- 4.1.4 Messaging
- 4.1.5 Mobile
- 4.1.6 IT
- 4.1.7 Release Engineering
- 4.1.8 QA
- 4.1.9 Automation & Tools
- 4.1.10 Security
- 4.1.11 Engagement
- 4.1.12 Web Compatibility
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Ascend Project participants have started work on their first bugs. Thank you to Adam Okoye (aokoye) and Barbara Miller (galgeek) who have already landed code and whose efforts have contributed to Mozmill and input.mozilla.org. Also thank you to Tina Hinojosa for contributing a new feature to Developer tools - bug 992386 an --imgur upload flag. Check out her great blog post about fixing her first bug.
- Thanks to rctgamer3 for helping the Add-ons Team filing blocklist bugs and providing all the required information to deal with them quickly.
- Thanks to Helen Lee, Emma Irwin, Michaela Brown, Robert Sayles and Regnard Raquedan for organizing and running the Vancouver Hive Pop-Up in Vancouver, BC.
Mozilla London hosted the Open Rights Group Digital Rights Hackday on Saturday the 4th: http://www.meetup.com/ORG-London/events/202557812/
Mozillians Guillaume Marty and Francisco Jordano contributed hacks too.
One of the hacks is the integration of www.blocked.org.uk, a website that reports web pages being blocked by UK ISPs, into the system browser in FirefoxOS, slightly modifying the UI to notice the user that web page is being blocked by some ISPs. Also giving extra information on who is blocking that. https://github.com/arcturus/gaia/tree/org-hackday
Monday, 06 October
The 8th edition of DevPulse is live: take a minute to read about the impact of Firefox Apps in education, learn about new cross-platform debugging tools and discover ways to do some early dev tool testing, among many developer-related things.
Tuesday, 07 October
- Webdev Extravaganza: 10:00 AM Pacific in the Webdev Vidyo (Open to the public)
- Stream on Air Mozilla
- Monthly get-together for anyone in Mozilla interested in web development. Updates on shipped projects, libraries we're working on, and more!
Mozilla London hosts this month's Ladies Who Code meetup with a talk from Marielle Volz on writing insecure web apps with examples from Django, RoR, PHP, Node.js, and Wordpress. Sign up here.
- Marketplace Community Meeting this week! https://wiki.mozilla.org/Marketplace/Community/Meetings
Wednesday, 08 October
- 1:00PM Carla Espana, MV
- 1:30PM Marco Castelluccio , SF
- Oct 8-9
- Bucharest, Romania
- Mozillian Christian Heilmann presenting "The Future of Apps - breaking down the walls of walled gardens" and running a workshop "Building an HTML5 App for all the platforms using the Firefox OS toolchain"
- 6 Romanian Mozillians will be present to show off the Flames and tablets in the "Future Corner": Ioana Chiorean, Valentin Gosu,Gabi Ivanica,Alex Lakatos,Marcela Oniga,Andreea Popescu.
Thursday, 09 October
Friday, 10 October
Saturday, 11 October
Sunday, 12 October
- Watch the first Ascend Project participant (in Portland) do their final presentations on AirMozilla next Thurs Oct 16th & Friday Oct 17th. More details in next week's agenda or ping lsblakk for info.
- Thunderbird is having a Summit and Workweek of key contributors in Toronto October 15-18, 2014, to discuss future directions, including funding, governance, and goals. Group discussion will be accessible remotely.
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Speaker Location: Toronto (Johnath, to start with...)
- Release schedule update!
- Firefox 10th anniversary campaign update: MTV (Eric)
- Growth team Update: MTV (Chris More)
- Potch: Slides and info in the speakers section below.
Speaker Location: Asa Dotzler in MTV
- We've got 6 new contributors to Firefox OS over the last 14 days.
- Volunteer contributor Maliha Momtaz Islam from Bangladesh, fixed her first bug 1072458 - Certain characters cannot be input using Bangla keyboard
- Jonathan Hao in Taipei fixed his first OS bug 1024276 - Replace multiple character literals by numeric literals
- Mathieu Rhéaume, a volunteer from Quebec fixed three instances of "replace the existing ad-hoc functions with a shared function to load JSON files", bugs 1062807, 1062829, and 1069808
- New to Mozilla volunteer Scriptofer fixed Bug 996332 - Switch back to alphabets after @ is typed. A big thanks also to Tim Guan-tin Chien [:timdream] who mentored Scriptofer on this Good First Bug.
- Fernando Agüero, a volunteer from Spain, fixed his first Firefox OS Bug 1072834 - [Settings] Remove simple tiling from the developer panel
- Mozillian Delphine Lebédel landed her first Firefox OS fix for Bug 1074446 - gaia-l10n builds for Portuguese locale (pt-PT).
- Oscar Patiño González had is first OS fix landed at Bug 1073486 - Temporal patch to disable change resolution in OMX hardware encoder was not being applied
- Oct 13 is Firefox OS 2.1 Feature Complete. (That's one week, folks.) This release is filled to overflowing with some great work across the whole OS. You can read more about the key feature work in Firefox OS 2.1 at the B2G Roadmap.
- A reminder that we've transitioned the Flame to KitKat-based Gonk which means that if you have not, you will need to flash a new base image and then do a shallow Gecko/Gaia flash to continue receiving nightly updates. You can find instructions at the MDN Flame page.
- Another reminder: we have a Firefox OS on Air Mozilla channel. Thank you Kevin Grandon!
- Last week, Firefox OS, via the ZTE Open C, arrived in Australia. Folks in Australia can get the carrier unlocked Open C from JB Hifi Stores
- Some Firefox OS landing highlights from the last couple of weeks include:
- Bug 1069017 - flash.sh should have a target for flashing gecko + gaia. This makes shallow flashing easier for those who build.
- Bug 864327 - Support of FM RDS in WebAPI. This will allow for utilizing metadata for things like station name.
- Bug 1063046 - Graphics UI shows black artifact on 50% of the time. Flame KK builds were showing black rectangles on scrollable content. That's fixed now.
- Bug 1043813 - Volume level is very low at max setting. The volume level for calls was broken on the Flame. It's fixed now.
- Bug 889737 - Unify both sendMMI() and dial() functions.
- Bug 997564 - launch engineering mode app
- Bug 1039501 - Allow for WiFi prioritized for downloading FOTA updates. Allows a vendor to set a preference for WiFi FOTA over cellular data FOTA updates.
Speaker Location: Sean in NYC
- Tiles team spent last week sketching out roadmap for next year. Will be sharing to the broader audience when it is ready
- Most Tiles fixes have been uplifted into Beta in preparation for release
- Localized versions of Tiles for "de", "es-ES", "fr", "ja-JP", "pl", "pt-BR" and “ru” will be available in the next release. More localizations will follow in future releases.
Speaker Location: Mitchell in Mountain View
Handing off to Michelle Thorne (remote)
*giving an update on the Firefox OS + Webmaker Community Contribution Challenge
Speaker Location: MTV (guillermo)
Vidyo has released Vidyo Desktop v3.3.0 (27) is LIVE on the portal. You will be prompted to update if you have not already.
New Features: Join a conference with camera, mic and/or speakers muted Join a conference with your full screen shared and camera, mic, speakers muted Easier access to your rooms public link via client UI Many bug fixes for Windows, Mac and Linux.
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Dave Steer||Director, Advocacy||Ford-Mozilla Open Web Fellowship call for applicants||San Francisco||No||N/A||https://www.mozilla.org/advocacy|
|Chris More||Lead Firefox Growth team and Engagement's Web Productions Team||Update from Firefox Growth Team||Mountain View||No (open slides in MV)||Google Doc Presentation||Growth Team Wiki|
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we'll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
|Who are you?||Area of question||Question|
|What's your name? What do you work on?||Is your question about policy, a product, a Foundation initiative, etc.||What would you like to know?|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer(s)||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer(s)?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where is the new person based?||What will the new person be doing?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Morgan Phillips||Chris AtLee||Toronto||Tennessee-Remote||Release Engineering|
|Robb Carroll||Albert Villarde||Mountain View||Mountain View||Audio/Visual Systems|
|Jeremy Poulin||Jason Duell||WA Remote||NH Remote||Platform Engineering|
|Josh Cheng||Howie Chang||Taipei office||Taipei officee||Firefox OS_ Engineering Project Manager|
|Sean Lee||Evelyn Hung||Taipei office||Taipei office||Firefox OS_Software Engineer|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- Renewal campaign daily stand-ups are now available on Air Mozilla https://air.mozilla.org/firefox-renewal-daily-stand-up/ (because of confidential partner discussions that happen in these meetings, they are open to staff and members of the NDA group on mozillians.org). IRC #decade, wiki: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Decade#Firefox_Desktop
Automation & Tools
Notable changes to bugzilla.mozilla.org during the last week:
- bug 1035972 add preference to include all X-Headers in email bodies to allow gmail to filter on them
- bug 1023405 Shortcut for marking bugs as read
- We are working on /issues view for webcompat.com. Help is welcome. Watch out for the first patch to start participating.
- We have adopted a weekly minutes system for each individual member.
- Progress on Web Compatibility front. We finished to close the English US component. We have some major fixes such as Naver site in South Korea