- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Roundtable
- 3 Welcome!
- 4 <meta>
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- 4.1.1 Firefox
- 4.1.2 Platform
- 4.1.3 Cloud Services
- 4.1.4 Content Services
- 4.1.5 Messaging
- 4.1.6 Mobile
- 4.1.7 IT
- 4.1.8 Release Engineering
- 4.1.9 QA
- 4.1.10 Automation & Tools
- 4.1.11 Security
- 4.1.12 Engagement
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Did you know that we shipped 2 Firefox chemspills in 2 days! Quite the feat. Thank you to everyone involved: Rail Aliiev, Nick Thomas, Ben Hearsum, Hal Wine, Chris Atlee, Sylvestre Ledru, Anthony Hughes, Kamil Jozwiak, Kevin Brosnan, Matt Wobensmith, Robert Kaiser, Boris Zbarsky, David Baron, Kyle Huey, Olli Pettay, Daniel Holbert, Al Billings, Daniel Veditz, Ioana Chiorean, Florin Mezei and the rest of the SoftVision team, Steve Fink, Luke Wagner, Ryan VanderMeulen, Justin O'Kelly, Lawrence Mandel
- Mark Wheeler, Rormix app developer, for his 3rd contribution to the Mozilla Hacks blog as guest author
- An analytics primer for developers: https://hacks.mozilla.org/2015/03/an-analytics-primer-for-developers/
- Hossain Al Ikram for hosting the QA Marathon in Dhaka this past weekend, Rebecca Billings for taking time late in the evening on Thursday to give a live tutorial on QA's One & Done tool, and to the 50+ people of Bangladesh who came out to learn how to get involved.
- Big shout-out to awesome Myanmar community members Tin Aung Lin and La Min Ko for going above and beyond to identify great local content for Firefox Marketplace in the upcoming Myanmar launch.
Monday, 23 March
- How Advertising Works: Programmatic is scheduled for Monday March 23rd at 4pm ET.
- Darren Herman and Jason Schmidt will be giving a 40-minute presentation on the programmatic ad space, how it works, what it does and how it impacts users.
- This session will be recorded for those who can't make that time.
- Find out more here: https://air.mozilla.org/how-advertising-works-programmatic/
- Weekly Bug Triage Day
Tuesday, 24 March
- MobileTech Conference 2015 Munich, Germany from the 24th til 25th.
- Philipp Sackl attending
- The MobileTech Conference is one of the most important events for the mobile sector of the German-speaking market. Its concept spans various platforms and high quality technical expertise about iOS, Android, Mobile Web and many other mobile platforms.
Wednesday, 25 March
- Ride along with an engineer hacking on Firefox! See what goes into fixing or bug, or doing a code review! The Joy of Coding: Episode 7 streams LIVE at 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET / 5 PM GMT on Air Mozilla.
- Weekly Bug Verification Day
Homebrew Website Club Meetup Be independent with your web browser and your web site.
- San Francisco (@MozSF first floor common area)
- 17:30-18:30 PDT Writing Hour
- 18:30-19:30 PDT IndieWeb meetup & hack night
Any questions? See the wiki page for details
Create or update your personal web site — wherever you host it, shared, VPS, or at home; static, dynamic, WordPress, or other software.
Join a community with like-minded interests. Bring friends that want a personal site!
or join IRC: http://indiewebcamp.com/irc/today?beta#bottom
Thursday, 26 March
Friday, 27 March
Saturday, 28 March
We are running a windows 64 bit for Nightly testday this saturday from 9am to 3pm pt Windows 64 bit Nightly Testday
Sunday, 29 March
Wednesday, April 1 is what? It's the deadline to apply for the MDN Fellowship! As shared in the March 9 Project Meeting, the MDN Fellowship is a way for devs to build new skills in teaching and curriculum development while also contributing to key Mozilla projects. Please encourage any advanced web devs you know or in your networks to apply. In fact, here's a Tweet for RTing.
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Firefox and Cloud Services
Speaker Location: (remote: mfinkle)
- Reading List/View update for Desktop and Mobile
- there was a sprint last week in SF - now use it in Nightly!
- Sending tabs to other devices on Mobile
- Tab Queues on Android
- Progress on iOS
Andrew Sliwinski, Portland
- India Field Research Report
- Webmaker UX evolution
The limit is **3 minutes per topic**. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Gregg Lind||User Advocacy||Heartbeat, User Voice in Firefox||(my house)||Yes, keynote||https://people.mozilla.com/~glind/all/heartbeat-monday-meeting-march-2015.pdf||https://wiki.mozilla.org/Advocacy/heartbeat|
|Bill Walker||Partner Engineering||GitHub uses PDF.js||MV||No||https://github.com/blog/1974-pdf-viewing||https://github.com/mozilla/pdf.js|
|Michelle Marovich||Head of Recruiting||How to open a req with recruiting||MV||no||https://mana.mozilla.org/wiki/display/globalstaffing/2015+Requisition+Opening+Process||https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Recruiting|
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we'll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
|Who are you?||Area of question||Question|
|What's your name? What do you work on?||Is your question about policy, a product, a Foundation initiative, etc.||What would you like to know?|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteers||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteers location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer(s)?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Aaron Lassila||Darren Herman||New York||San Francisco||Content Services|
|Max Anisimov||Chris More||San Francisco||San Francisco||Firefox Growth Team|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- Content Services is attending Internet Identity Workshop April 6-9 at the Computer History Museum in Mountain View
- List of proposed topics can be found here.