« previous week | index | next week »
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Welcome!
- 3 <meta>
- 3.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- 3.1.1 Firefox
- 3.1.2 Platform
- 3.1.3 Cloud Services
- 3.1.4 Messaging
- 3.1.5 Mobile
- 3.1.6 IT
- 3.1.7 Release Engineering
- 3.1.8 QA
- 3.1.9 Automation & Tools
- 3.1.10 Security
- 3.1.11 Engagement
- 3.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
Friends of Mozilla
- Huge thanks to Ram Dayal for organizing the first-ever regional Marketplace Day event in Hyderabad, India this weekend. 25 attendees stayed up all night fixing bugs, figuring out how to make it easier to contribute code, and bonding. Read more and see photos!
- Thanks to Cate and Chiu-Ki who publish Technically Speaking and the Twitter account @callbackwomen - a weekly email and a twitter stream listing CFPs for technical events and conferences that welcome women and other under-represented speakers, and write about the issues tech speakers deal with...
- Michael Kohler, Shahid Farooqui and Christos Bacharakis for being elected as new Mozilla Reps Council members, congratulations!
- Arturo Martinez, Emma Irwin and Gauthamraj Elango who are leaving their 1 year term at the Mozilla Reps Council. Thank you SO much for your awesome work at the Council, you have been an inspiration for all Reps.
Monday, 18 May
- Weekly Bug Triage Day
- DORS/CLUC, Zagreb, Croatia, 18th-20th.
- DORS/CLUC is one of the biggest free and open source conferences in Croatia. Conference gathers international and local IT experts in order to exchange experiences and ideas.
- We will have one keynote by Brian King, a workshop, 2 talks, and a booth run by the community.
Tuesday, 19 May
Wednesday, 20 May
- Weekly Bug Verification Day
- MedellinJS, Medellin, Colombia.
- We are going to talk about Webcomponent and how they are going to change the web is moving. A lot of people has some interest to work on Webcomponents and it's the moment to talk about X-tag, the incredible implementation by Mozilla of Webcomponents.
- More info in Reps event page.
Thursday, 21 May
- Introducing the May Brantina (Breakfast + Cantina, 9am PST / 4pm UTC / 6pm CEST), a format we're testing to join time zones over breakfast, lunch or happy hour and learn from guest speakers. This month Kate Heddleston, a software engineer in the Bay Area, will share how insufficient onboarding leads to 'team debt,' an analogy she makes to technical debt, where poor system design slows down the system. Kate will also provide some guidance on some fairly immediate things individual teams can do to reduce the debt.
- Moderator to submit questions in advance.
- German-speaking community bi-weekly meeting, 9pm CEST (7pm UTC, 12pm PT) AirMozilla, IRC: #deMeeting
- More info: De/Meetings.
- Mozilla Reps Weekly Call 15:00 UTC Airmozilla, MozillaReps vidyo.
Friday, 22 May
Saturday, 23 May
- Mozilla Balkans Community Meetup, Bucharest, Romania. 23rd-24th.
- The Balkans Inter-Community meet-up 2015 will take place in Bucharest, Romania, on May 22-24th. Lead contributors from Balkan communities will be invited to participate in a 2-day event with sessions and workshops. The aim of the meetup is to enable Mozilla communities in the Balkans to share and learn from each other's experience working on the Mozilla Project, improve collaboration in the future, and work on specific tasks.
- Rust 1.0 Release Party: Bangalore, Bangalore, India.
- Mozilla's Rust programming language's first stable release is this month & it's being celebrated globally. In India, we're starting to have traction around this beautiful system programming language & would want to spread the word.
Sunday, 24 May
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Firefox and Cloud Services
Speaker Location: vidyo (bsmedberg)
Mozilla Learning Networks
Amira Dhalla, Brooklyn: Introducing Maker Party 2015 and Mozilla Clubs. Blog post: http://mzl.la/1PtKQ2b
Also, this week's Teach The Web podcast: https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/cdddvap0ev2o6771so2mnhtctj8
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, other info)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Diane Tate||Program Manager||Announcing the first-ever MDN Fellows!||Mozilla San Francisco||no||n/a||https://blog.mozilla.org/community/2015/05/14/mdnfellowsannouncement/|
|Andrea Wood||dir. of digital advocacy + fundraising||Update on US surveillance reform campaign||remote - Oakland, CA, USA||yes||Link to slides in PDF||This week is critical, please use+share https://call.mozilla.org/|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be contributing from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Jason Crain||Sylvie Veilleux||Mountain View||Mountain View||IT Service Operations Excellence|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Nihanth Subramanya||Drew Willcoxon||Mountain View||Mountain View||Firefox Desktop|
|Alexis Beingessner||Aaron Turon||Mountain View||San Francisco||Research|
|Gabriel Luong||Nick Fitzgerald||Mountain View||San Francisco||Dev tools|
|Bernardo Rittmeyer||Matthew Noorenberghe||Mountain View||Mountain View||Firefox Desktop|
|Francesco Polizzi||Christopher More||Mountain View||Mountain View||Growth Hacker|
|Julian Hector||Guillaume Destuynder||Mountain View||San Francisco||Firefox OS (Security)|
|Edouard Oger||Chris Karlof||Mountain View||San Francisco||Firefox Accounts|
|Peter Elmers||Erik Rose||Mountain View||Mountain View||DXR Eng.|
|Miles Crabill||Wes Dawson||Mountain View||Mountain View||Cloud Services|
|Spenser Bauman||Shuyu Guo||Mountain View||San Francisco||Research|
|Kyle Zentner||Daniel Holbert||Mountain View||San Francisco||Platform: Layout|
|Karim Benhmida||Chenxia Liu||Mountain View||San Francisco||Firefox Mobile|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
Automation & Tools
Notable changes to bugzilla.mozilla.org during the last week:
- bug 751862 You are no longer able to request a review from someone who hasn't logged in to Bugzilla within the last 60 days