- Every Monday @ 11:00am Pacific Time (19:00 UTC)
- http://air.mozilla.org/ to watch and listen
- join irc.mozilla.org #airmozilla for backchannel discussion
- Presenters only: Vidyo room "Brownbags". Do not use this room if you're not planning to speak.
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- If you plan on presenting, please join the Vidyo BrownBags 20 minutes prior to the start of the meeting and announce to the A/V Technicians that you will be speaking so that they can confirm your Audio and Video.
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of Mozilla
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Project Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Welcome!
- 3 <meta>
- 3.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- 3.1.1 Firefox OS
- 3.1.2 Firefox
- 3.1.3 Platform
- 3.1.4 Cloud Services
- 3.1.5 Messaging
- 3.1.6 Mobile
- 3.1.7 IT
- 3.1.8 Release Engineering
- 3.1.9 QA
- 3.1.10 Automation & Tools
- 3.1.11 Security
- 3.1.12 Engagement
- 3.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Thanks to Julien Wajsberg, Jan Keromnes and all of the French Mozillians that staffed the booth at ParisWeb, the biggest annual Web developer conference in France. They did crazy stuff with the Firefox OS TV and WebVR was impressing the competition.
- Thanks to Loïc Cuguen and Cédric Ravalec, co-founders of Phoxygen, for hosting another successful Firefox OS community meetup (they run them *every* month!) and thanks to Guillaume Marty and Wilson Page for crossing the channel to speak on Firefox OS add-ons and Gaia’s use of Web Components.
- Big thanks to yohan, evilpie, and edgarchen for all their contributions to the new web extensions API!
Special Shout-Out to the Firefox Friends Localization Team!
They've been ROCKING localizations for the Firefox Friends program this month!
- Global: Alba González Fuentes, Role: Global Content & Localization Wrangler
- Brazilian Portuguese:
- If you're interested in contributing to Firefox Friends on the Localization team, please contact Jessica Osorio at email@example.com.
Monday, 12 October
Tuesday, 13 October
Wednesday, 14 October
Thursday, 15 October
Friday, 16 October
- ConnectJS happening October 16 & 17 in Atlanta, Georgia
- Dev Rel leader Jason Weathersby will be speaking on Performance Tuning With Firefox Developer Tools
- Game Industry Conference happening Oct 16-18th in Poznan Poland
- This is the biggest game development conference in this part of Europe with 3 days and 100 talks about everything around gamedev: from design, programming, through production, to business.
- TechSpeaker Andrzej Mazure will be speaking on games and webVR, and showing cool demos to 3K attendees
Saturday, 17 October
- PyConFR happening Oct 17-20th in Pau, Aquitaine
- This is an annual conference for french speaking python developers. It is composed of 2 days of conferences and 2 days of sprints on different Python Open Source projects.
- Mozillian Rémy Hubscher attending, and Mozilla is supporting with the Bronze sponsoship
- Accessibility Camp Toronto happening Oct 17th in Toronto Canada
- This conference focuses on users with different disabilities. Sessions cover digital accessibility topics from the web (technical to tactical), desktop software, mobile apps, eLearning, online gaming, open source innovations, wearables and everything in between.
- Mozillians Yura Zenevich and David Bolter attending
Sunday, 18 October
October Brantina: Data As Empathy
Thursday, October 22 - 9am PT / noon ET / 4pm UTC Mozilla Mountain View + Air Mozilla
To build products people love, you must understand those people. User research and user-centered design help get us there, but once we have a sense of how our audiences think and behave, how can we go beyond the anecdotal to extrapolate to the macro? What ways can we better understand the needs of millions of users who think, act and operate differently than us?
Our October speaker Frances Haugen will share from her product management and software engineering experiences with products used by millions of Google and Yelp customers. She'll help us understand how data - done 'right' - connects us to millions of users we don't know personally. And she'll outline what doing data right means for product development, and how product owners can build things their users love.
Speaker: As both a Senior Product Manager, Software Engineer and Data Scientist for companies including Yelp and Google, Frances has worked at the intersection of data, design and humans throughout her career. An Electrical and Computer Engineering undergrad, Frances says she sees the world as comprised of hi and low cast filters.
Host: Matt Grimes, User Advocacy
Questions: Submit questions for Frances during the event on IRC #AirMozilla.
Project Status Updates (voice updates)
Jascha Kaykas-Wolff, Mozilla San Francisco
Jascha will give an overview of our November Moment in Time campaign and invite us to Rally For The User in Mountain View + Air Mozilla on Nov 3 (calendar invite to come).
Firefox and Cloud Services
Dominik Strohmeier, Berlin, Germany (remote)
- Participation pathways:
- Foxfooding (objective: Increase product quality, innovation ideas); How to file bugs using Bugzilla Lite: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qfg8mcyclqfkks0/FFxOS-Bugzilla-lite-v2_4thDraft.mov?dl=0
- Porting (objective: Increase Firefox OS availability)
- B2GDroid (objective: Increase number of foxfooders)
- Gaia development (objective: Increase product quality, reduce parity gap, innovation ideas); Foxfooding Bug Dashboard: http://foxfooding.github.io/dashboard/
- Firefox OS Participation Hub will go live in the first week of November.
- We will kick-off Phase 2 of foxfooding program shortly after!
- Meanwhile, wee took the feedback about the Foxfooding program and created ideas about how to improve the current program as well as what to do better once we will scale to larger community --> We are planning a series of small experiments which will test how to best serve the needs of contributors to Firefox OS. Stay tuned.
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week. The meeting is streamed in a 4:3 format in order to allow for split screen. If your slides are 16:9 "widescreen" format, please indicate in the "Sharing" column below.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, 4:3 or 16:9)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Ben Niolet||Email Marketing Manager||Project FUEL||SFO||no||Project FUEL (16:9)||Project FUEL Overview|
|Potch||That Guy from the Podium||View Source Conference||Mountain View||no||viewsourceconf.org||Tickets are on sale NOW! Register for View Source- Mozilla's first Web Development conference. Help spread the word.|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be contributing from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will that person be working?||What will that person be working on?|
|Jonathan Claudius||Jeff Bryner||San Francisco office||Remote [Portland Maine]||Pen Tester|
|Alan Jeffrey||Dave Herman||Remote||Remote||Research Engineer|
|Nushin Haghighi||Melissa O'Connor||San Francisco office||San Francisco office||Project Manager|
|Tara Minaee||Jill Alvarez||San Francisco office||San Francisco office||University Recruiter|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
Wilfred Mathanaraj : Please feel free to check and provide feedback of the long term planning @ https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1uz1astfKV_12x53MibBzh8Kfol3iL1xv6JEcAGGNGFQ/edit#slide=id.gbd1e68e52_2_32
Automation & Tools
Youth Mozilla community
About Youth Mozilla is a new community to encourage mentorship and youth participation within Mozilla via a strategic program, working with school's/colleges and local community's