« previous week | index | next week »
- Every Monday @ 11:00am Pacific Time (19:00 UTC)
- http://air.mozilla.org/ to watch and listen
- join irc.mozilla.org #airmozilla for backchannel discussion
- Presenters only: Vidyo room "Brownbags". Do not use this room if you're not planning to speak.
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- If you plan on presenting, please join the Vidyo BrownBags 20 minutes prior to the start of the meeting and announce to the A/V Technicians that you will be speaking so that they can confirm your Audio and Video.
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 2 Welcome!
- 3 Fireside Chat
- 4 <meta>
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- 4.1.1 Firefox
- 4.1.2 Platform
- 4.1.3 Messaging
- 4.1.4 Mobile
- 4.1.5 IT
- 4.1.6 Connected Devices
- 4.1.7 Release Engineering
- 4.1.8 QA
- 4.1.9 Engineering Productivity (Automation & Tools)
- 4.1.10 Security
- 4.1.11 Engagement
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
Friends of Mozilla
- Big thanks to the crew of volunteer Mozilla Tech Speakers who are helping the next generation of Tech Speakers (Phase 2) practice their presentation skills in a series of bi-weekly Labs this summer. Props to: Alaa, Alex, Andre, Daniele, Diwanshi, Dorothee, Elio, Flaki, Gabriel, Ioana, Manel, Rabimba, Rizky, Salman, Santosh, & Sumanth. Phase 2 of the program has volunteer contributors from 19 countries working together to tell Mozilla's story to developers and technical contributors in their communities.
- 10,000 thank yous to all of our community members who helped us celebrate 10,000 Days of the Web last Thursday. Special thanks to Jafar Muhammed, Felipe Do E. Santo, Ioana Chiorean, Hugo Acosta, Adriano Cupello, and Miguel Useche for your contributions!
Monday, 01 August
Tuesday, 02 August
- Webdev Extravaganza: 10:00 AM Pacific in the Webdev Vidyo (Open to the public)
- Stream on Air Mozilla: https://air.mozilla.org/webdev-extravaganza-august-2016/
- Monthly get-together for anyone in Mozilla interested in web development. Updates on shipped projects, libraries we're working on, and more!
Wednesday, 03 August
Thursday, 04 August
- Social SUMO Support Day: Mozilla Open Mic and the Support team are organizing the Social Support Day where we will be trying to answer all the incoming support questions on Facebook and Twitter. Please come and join us! We will be hanging out on IRC and SUMO Telegram group. Find out more about how you can get started in our etherpad
Friday, 05 August
Saturday, 06 August
Sunday, 07 August
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week. The meeting is streamed in a 4:3 format in order to allow for split screen. If your slides are 16:9 "widescreen" format, please indicate in the "Sharing" column below.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, 4:3 or 16:9)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Vanessa Rhinesmith||Program Manager, Open Web Fellows||Introducing our second cohort of Open Web Fellows||Remotely (Boston)||No||--||https://advocacy.mozilla.org/en-US/open-web-fellows/|
|Julien Vehent||Security Engineer||Mozilla Winter of Security 2016 (MWoS)||Remotely (Florida)||No||https://blog.mozilla.org/security/2016/08/01/announcing-mwos-2016/||https://wiki.mozilla.org/Security/Automation/Winter_Of_Security_2016|
|John Gruen||Product Manager||Test Pilot Update||Remotely||No||None||Experiment Concept submission: https://goo.gl/Y8zKDS|
|Maura Tuohy||Social Team||Recap of #10kDays & Mozilla Open Mic||SF||Yes||slides here ||https://medium.com/mozilla-open-mic|
|Asa Dotzler||Firefox||Firefox Update||MTV|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be contributing from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|25 mozillians||Diane Tate||MTV Sanctuary Room||Lots of places in N. America||Firefox, HR, Data, Law, Communications and all kinds of mozilla stuff|
|Nancy Kuettel||Tove Lam||Mountain View||Mountain View||Sr HR Programs Manager|
|Lindsay Ursini||Tove Lam||Mountain View||Mountain View||Employee Experience Manager|
|Jaqui Varela||Tove Lam||Mountain View||Mountain View||Recruiting Coordinator|
|Frank Bertsch||Ryan VanderMeulen||Remote||Mountain View||Data Engineer, Firefox Quality Engineering|
|Ralph Recinto||Mike Poessy||San Francisco||San Francisco||Service Desk Tech|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Adrian Utrilla||Wesley Dawson||Mountain View||Mountain View||Operations engineering intern|
A chance to hear from leadership at Mozilla, and have a short Q&A about a specific topic.
Nick Nguyen, VP, Firefox Product
- Context Graph: Where we are one month after the Context Graph announcement in early July.
Submit your questions in advance on the Moderator Page Or directly in the meeting on IRC at #airmozilla
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
Engineering Productivity (Automation & Tools)
In preparation for the release of Firefox 48, Social Support has organized a SUMO and Social Day on Thursday in the the Social Tool Sprinklr and Support Forums. See the Wiki Calendar for more information. Read more Social Support Get Involved For the support forums, sign up at https://support.mozilla.org