- Every Monday @ 11:00am Pacific Time (19:00 UTC)
- http://air.mozilla.org/ to watch and listen
- join irc.mozilla.org #airmozilla for backchannel discussion
- Presenters only: Vidyo room "Brownbags". Do not use this room if you're not planning to speak.
- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (max 48 users at any time)
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x92 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x92 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x92 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x92 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x92 Conf# 8600
- sip:email@example.com or, for some clients, sip:firstname.lastname@example.org (may not work for all rooms)
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- If you plan on presenting, please join the Vidyo BrownBags 20 minutes prior to the start of the meeting and announce to the A/V Technicians that you will be speaking so that they can confirm your Audio and Video.
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 2 Welcome!
- 3 Fireside Chat
- 4 <meta>
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
- 4.1.1 Firefox
- 4.1.2 Platform
- 4.1.3 Messaging
- 4.1.4 Mobile
- 4.1.5 IT
- 4.1.6 Connected Devices
- 4.1.7 Release Engineering
- 4.1.8 QA
- 4.1.9 Engineering Productivity (Automation & Tools)
- 4.1.10 Security
- 4.1.11 Marketing
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Thank you Dylan Hardison for being so welcoming to people showing up on the dev-webdev list asking how to contribute to Mozilla.
- Thanks to the 25 volunteer Tech Speakers who gave time this weekend to spend many grueling hours speaking to and critiquing each other in order to up their public speaking game!
- Big Thank you and #mozlove to Michael Kohler, Christos Bacharakis, Shahid Farooqui and Arturo Martinez for their hard work during their term as Reps Councils Members.
- Thanks to Fredrik Andersson, Kristoffer Grönlund of SUSE, Jan-Erik Rediger, Nathan Froyd and Lars Bergstrom and the rest of the Rust teamfor help with the Second Rust Meetup in Stockholm http://www.meetup.com/ruststhlm/ info about the third is coming in October
- Thanks to Liz Henry for moving stuff around for the Firefox 49 Release date in everyones calendar :)
Monday, 12 September
- View Source Berlin is happening!
- The Developer Marketing Team is in Berlin this week from the 12th til the 14th, with great speakers like Ola Glasdilo, Jen Simmons, Belen Albeza, Chris Wilson, Jeremy Keith, and so many more, with our own Potch as MC, to talk about all things that move the web forward.
- Check out viewsourceconf.org and follow the excitement on twitter @viewsourceconf
Tuesday, 13 September
- Bi-weekly add-on community meeting at 10am Pacific
Wednesday, 14 September
Thursday, 15 September
Friday, 16 September
Saturday, 17 September
Sunday, 18 September
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week. The meeting is streamed in a 4:3 format in order to allow for split screen. If your slides are 16:9 "widescreen" format, please indicate in the "Sharing" column below.
|Mike Taylor||Platform Team||5 Platform Updates||Vidyo (remote from Berlin, wowowow)||No - just click on my link!||Platform Updates Really Important Media||Platform Updates|
|Diane Tate||Internal Communications||Project Call Survey||Mozilla Mountain View||No||n/a||Whether you attend the Project Call regularly, rarely or never, we want to better understand who's joining us here, and what your thoughts are on it. Please take a few minutes to complete this short survey by Friday, September 23. We'll post the results on a wiki page we'll set up this week.|
|Ben Hearsum||Release Engineering||Platform Operations Project of the Month||Prerecorded||No||Presentation||Balrog|
|Aurelia Moser and Vanessa Rhinesmith||Community Lead, Mozilla Science // Program Manager, Ford-Mozilla Open Web Fellows||Introducing our 2016 Mozilla Science Fellows and Ford-Mozilla Open Web Fellows||Toronto||No||--||https://science.mozilla.org/2016-science-fellows // https://advocacy.mozilla.org/en-US/open-web-fellows/fellows2016|
|Rina Jensen||Open Innovation||Open Innovation Toolkit||Mozilla Mountain View||If this site can be on the screen that is great, but if not that is fine: https://toolkit.mozilla.org/||Open Innovation Toolkit||Wiki Toolkit & Medium Blog Post|
|John Gruen||Product Management||Test Pilot||Remote||No||No||3 NEW TEST PILOT EXPERIMENTS SHIPPING SEPT 28th!|
|murray||Tim Murray||Marketing||Mozilla Brand Identity update||San Francisco||No||No||Request for feedback on updated designs on /opendesign blog|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
Introducing New Volunteers
|New Volunteer||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Volunteer location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new volunteer?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be contributing from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Here are 22 of them||Diane Tate||MTV Commons||N. America + Europe + Taipei|| Have a peek.
One of them even wrote something about why he joined mozilla.
|Joey Krejci||Shyam Mani||PDX Commons||Portland||Web Operations|
|Scott Idler||Shyam Mani||PDX Commons||Portland||Web Operations|
|Shahodat Umarova||Laura Napoli||SF Commons||San Francisco|
|Chioma Ezedi||Jennifer Magana & Heather Crince||SF Commons||San Francisco|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
A chance to hear from leadership at Mozilla, and have a short Q&A about a specific topic.
Mark Surman and Chris Lawrence, "Building the Mozilla Leadership Network"
What's the Mozilla Leadership Network, I hear some of you ask. Come to the meeting and find out! You can submit questions in advance on the Moderator page (http://bit.ly/fireside091216), or ask them live on Air Mozilla using a Mozilla Space mic or in #airmozilla on IRC.
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
5 Platform Updates, so good!
- File and Directory Entries APIs Bug 1288683, shipping in 50
- Block media playback until document is visible: Bug 1262053, shipping in 51
- requestIdleCallback Bug 1198381, in progress
- Unprefixed ::placeholder and ::placeholder-shown pseudo elms Bug 1069012, shipping in 51
- ES6 Symbol.toStringTag Bug 1114580, shipping in 51