- Every Monday @ 11:00am Pacific Time (19:00 UTC)
- https://air.mozilla.org/channels/project-meeting/ to watch and listen
- join irc.mozilla.org #airmozilla for backchannel discussion
- Presenters only: Vidyo room "Brownbags". Do not use this room if you're not planning to speak.
- Dial-in: conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x2000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (max 48 users at any time)
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x2000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x2000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x2000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x2000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x2000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x2000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x2000 Conf# 8600
- sip:email@example.com or, for some clients, sip:firstname.lastname@example.org (may not work for all rooms)
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- If you plan on presenting, please join the Vidyo BrownBags 20 minutes prior to the start of the meeting and announce to the A/V Technicians that you will be speaking so that they can confirm your Audio and Video.
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 2 Welcome!
- 3 Fireside Chat
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- All participants at the Arabic Gathering that took place this last weekend in Casablanca, Morocco: Bechir, Saad, Fadoua, Fatma, Marwen, Ghada, Abdelrahman (Tolis), Ahmad, Mahmod, Areej, Abdalrahman (Hwoij), Migdady, Noureddine, Yacine, Mohamed (Manai), Asma, Manel, Amine, Mohab, Mohamed (Khalil), Bahy, Zaid, Abdelrahman (Manna). Big thanks for make a great event, and looking forward to see how the Arabic community evolves.
- More info about Arabic Gathering on Reps event page.
- Thanks to Bevis Tseng (Taipei, IndexedDB2) and Giovanny Gongora (Colombia, Interview w/HTML5 game dev Giovanny Beltran) for writing their first Hacks posts this month. Got some useful news or hands-on info for developers? Think about posting on Hacks. Got questions? Please ping havi at mozilla dot com, or havi on IRC.
- Thanks to many volunteer Mozilla Tech Speakers for representing Mozilla and speaking about web technology at Software Freedom Kosovo; Wordcamp Milano; GDG Devfest Bangalore; Active Mozilla Campaign, AIUB, Bangalore; and Mozilla Community Space Jakarta.
Monday, 24 October
Tuesday, 25 October
- SmashingConf Barcelona is happening Oct 25th-26th in Barcelona Spain.
- Jen Simmons is giving her talk, Revolutionize Your Page, at this conference that provides insights into how designers solve real-life design problems.
- Bi-weekly add-on community meeting at 10am Pacific. This week, we'll be talking about WebExtensions experiments, which let you write new APIs without having to build Firefox.
Wednesday, 26 October
- Weekly Bug Verification Day
- Homebrew Website Club Meetup (every other Wednesday — fortnightly, usually)
Be a part of the open web with your own website.
- Portland (OR),
San Francisco (@MozSF hosted by Tantek)
- 17:30-18:30 Quiet Writing Hour, finish that blog post, wiki edit, etc.!
- 18:30-19:30 IndieWeb meetup, demos, & hack night
Any questions? See the wiki page for details
Create or update your personal web site!
Share what you've gotten working, ask the experts questions.
Join a community with like-minded interests.
Bring friends that want a personal site!
or join IRC: http://indieweb.org/irc/today?beta#bottom
- Portland (OR),
- All Things Open is happening from the 26th-27th in Raleigh North Carolina
- Michaela Smiley is speaking at this 2K plus attendees open tech conference with over 25 tracks including Mobile, Front-End Development, Back-End Development, DevOps, Big Data and IoT.
Thursday, 27 October
Friday, 28 October
VR Pumpkin Carving Contest!
- On Friday 10/28 at 3pm Pacific, come to the 1st floor of Mozilla SF to "carve” a virtual pumpkin using our Mozilla VR's open-source A-Painter 3D painting tool built in A-Frame. Many thanks to the VR team for opening up their work space for us!
Saturday, 29 October
Sunday, 30 October
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week. The meeting is streamed in a 4:3 format in order to allow for split screen. If your slides are 16:9 "widescreen" format, please indicate in the "Sharing" column below.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, 4:3 or 16:9)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Mike Hoye||Engineering Community Manager||Bugzilla New-User Sentiment Analysis Survey||MoTo||No.||->||The results of the survey!|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
|Who is being introduced?||Who are you? (the introducer)||Where are you doing the introduction?||Where are they from?||How will they be part of Mozilla?|
A chance to hear from leadership at Mozilla, and have a short Q&A about a specific topic.
You can submit questions in advance on the Moderator page (link), or ask them live on Air Mozilla using a Mozilla Space mic or in #airmozilla on IRC.