« previous week | index | next week »
- Every Monday @ 11:00am Pacific Time (19:00 UTC)
- https://air.mozilla.org/channels/project-meeting/ to watch and listen
- join irc.mozilla.org #airmozilla for backchannel discussion
- Presenters only: Vidyo room "Brownbags". Do not use this room if you're not planning to speak.
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- If you plan on presenting, please join the Vidyo BrownBags 20 minutes prior to the start of the meeting and announce to the A/V Technicians that you will be speaking so that they can confirm your Audio and Video.
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 2 Welcome!
- 3 Fireside Chat
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
Friends of Mozilla
- Thanks to add-ons code contributor lavish205 for closing 4 bugs in April, and to new contributors Tushar Arora and raajitr for jumping in and fixing their first add-ons bugs!
- Thanks to Tech Speakers Amine Zaafouri who spoke in Algeria (despite unexpected logistical challenges); Azzen Abidi, who visited SF as a guest of the Civic Tech Leadership Program; and all the Tech Speakers who'll be attending and supporting Mozilla's sponsor presence later this week at CSS Conf and JSconf EU in Berlin.
Monday, 01 May
Tuesday, 02 May
- Add-ons Good First Bugs & WebExtensions Triage
- Good First Bugs triage at 10:00am PT; WebExtensions APIs triage at 10:30 am PT in ACE Vidyo Room
- Join the add-ons team to discuss design-decision-needed WebExtensions APIs and WebExtensions Experiments!
- To submit a WebExtensions Experiment for discussion, please open an issue on the web-ext-experiments github repo.
Wednesday, 03 May
- Weekly Bug Verification Day
- Homebrew Website Club Meetup (nearly every Wednesday somewhere)
Be a part of the open web with your own website.
- London (ENGLAND),
San Francisco (@MozSF commons hosted by Tantek)
- 17:30-18:30 Quiet Writing Hour, finish that blog post, wiki edit, etc.!
- 18:30-19:30 IndieWeb meetup, demos, & hack night
Any questions? See the wiki page for details
Create or update your personal web site!
Share what you've gotten working.
Join a community with like-minded interests.
Bring friends that want a personal site!
or join IRC: http://indieweb.org/irc/today?beta#bottom
- London (ENGLAND),
Thursday, 04 May
Friday, 05 May
- perf.html office hours
- Friday 9:00am PT in DevTools Vidyo
- Come join us if you have questions, requests, or want to see more profiles
Saturday, 06 May
Sunday, 07 May
- Wednesday, 10 May 2017 - Speaker Series
- Location: Mozilla London + Air Mozilla
- Time: 10am PT / 1pm ET / 6pm UT
- Topic: : When Surveillance Goes Private: A 2027 Retrospective from Adrian Hon
It’s 2027. In the UK, 8 out of 10 homes host a range of microphones, cameras and motion detectors. They help users secure their homes, find lost items, assist with cleaning, keep an eye out for accidents and falls, and a hundred other everyday tasks. They're integrated so seamlessly into daily life that they're considered indispensable – and they're cheap.
In our May 10 “future retrospective,” we’ll look at how we - in 2027 - became so collectively compliant to others owning data about our personal habits and lives. What factors led to us to give so much of our lives to corporations, with so little transparency or accountability? Why were we more open to private surveillance than public surveillance? And when we return to 2017, what can we learn from this evolution to map a different future?
- Host: Sarah Allen
- Speaker: Adrian Hon
The limit is 3 minutes per topic. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week. The meeting is streamed in a 4:3 format in order to allow for split screen. If your slides are 16:9 "widescreen" format, please indicate in the "Sharing" column below.
|Who Are You?||What Do You Do?||What are you going to talk about?||Where are you presenting from? (Moz Space, your house, space)||Will you be sharing your screen? (yes/no, 4:3 or 16:9)||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
|Bobby Richter||Researcher & Project Lead, Mozilla Foundation||Digital Skills Observatory (DSO)||Mozilla Toronto||Slides 16:9 "widescreen" format||Photos||Read the full report and Check out the website|
|Michael Van Kleeck||Enterprise Solutions Architect||The MinIT!||MozPDX||No||n/a||Jive go Live- Vancouver done this past weekend, Auckland and Toronto in 2 weeks. Identity and Access Management (IAM)- New SSO Dashboard launch tomorrow! https://sso.mozilla.com (for all LDAP logins- wider audience to come!)|
|Erik Rose||I beat down the barrier between human cognition and machine execution.||Fathom, the web page understander||home office||No||Hacks article, InfoWorld article, docs, source, npm|
|Andy McKay||Add-ons Engineering Manager||Add-on shims make the Fox sad.||Vancouver||No||Slides||Nightly Shims wiki page|
|Asa Dotzler||Firefox Roadmap||Weekly Firefox Update||MTV||https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Roadmap/Updates#2017-05-01|
|Pocket Team||Pocket Product||Pocket Weekly Update||Pocket HQ - San Francisco||Yes, 16:9||Slides||Feedback for Pocket in Firefox|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians! If you are not able to join the meeting live, you can add a link to a short video introducing yourself.
|Who is being introduced?||Who are you? (the introducer)||Where are you doing the introduction?||Where are they from?||How will they be part of Mozilla?|
|Andy Kochendorfer||Richard Whitmarsh||MTV||MTV||AirMozilla Architect with EUS|
|Sandra Torres||Richard Whitmarsh||MTV||MTV||Service Desk Intern: NPower|
|Angel Quintanilla||Richard Whitmarsh||MTV||MTV||Service Desk Intern: NPower|
|Wing Lam||Richard Whitmarsh||MTV||MTV||Service Desk Intern: NPower|
A chance to hear from leadership at Mozilla, and have a short Q&A about a specific topic.
You can submit questions in advance on the Moderator page (link), or ask them live on Air Mozilla using a Mozilla Space mic or in #airmozilla on IRC.