- Wednesdays - 9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern, 16:30 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 99998
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 99998
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 99998
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 99998
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 99998
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 99998
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 99998
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #mobile for backchannel
- Mobile Vidyo Room
- Next merge: 2014-04-28
Topics for This Week
- Started testing snippets in Nightly yesterday - please report bugs if you see any!
- Beta Hotness
- Firefox Accounts + Sync and Webapps merged to Firefox Beta (Fx29). Huge shout out to AaronMT: Aaron's hard work and infinite patience has been absolutely essential to the Firefox Accounts + Sync effort on Android and Desktop.
- We will start the basic work for Tiles in Fx31. It will be broken into different phases of work, each slated for a different release. For Fx31, we will look at adding default bookmark-like tiles that appear in the empty thumbnails. We'll do some open posts to get the community involved in picking the set of default bookmark/tiles.
- UI Telemetry
- We plan to push UI Telemetry in Fx31 and will create a Hack Week next week to get the current WIP code landed.
- Firefox Hub
- Work continues to get Firefox Hub feature complete for Fx31.
Friends of the Mobile Team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs. Make sure friends also get awarded a badge. New contributors are highlighted in bold.
- vivek fixed bug 959382 - Create BaseTest.setPreferenceAndWaitForChange helper method (first patch)
- Vlad Tanase fixed bug 976144 - Don't show progress bar on load of about: pages
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
James W. (snorp)
- Figuring out ServiceWorkers on Android. Lots of progress made, but hornets nest of startup issues remains.
- Working on Java/JS communication in test harness
- Working on automated BHR processing
- Last Week: Cleaned up Roku NDK Port. Started working with device but had issues with white listing.
- This Week: Work with Roku engineer to get code on device.
- In progress
- bug 946022 - Implement requestAutocomplete for Firefox for Android
- Finished up home panel folders / filters
- Further work on tab switcher prototype
- Focusing back on download manager and web activity support
- bug 968308 - UI telemetry for home panels
- bug 857990 - Save/Restore scroll position for an article in Reader Mode
- bug 909618 - Remember about:home tab selection
- bug 959297 - Get description and approx. reading time for reading list items
- More Home Panels Settings
- UI Telemetry
- bug 903535 (Strings for new geolocation policy)
- Been using Eclipse for dev - pretty nice!
- Home banner bugs
- Hub RSS and user testing add-ons
- PTO Thursday/Friday this week
- 968640 - Lazy init HomeBanner using ViewStub
- 976232 - Banner shown in Guest Browsing
- 976308 - Remove search engine name from initial search suggestions prompt
- 982181 - Tapping on History panel buttons interact with banner (Android 2.3)
- 982461 - Support launching an intent to the current application package
- 983129 - AWSY: ~10 MiB regression in startup resident memory usage on March 13
- 984873 - After tapping a home banner, delay showing another one
- Herding bug 941155 (fix talos on mobile to have pageloader tests working in regular mode and nochrome mode) along
- bug 939350 - Create Python linter wrapper
- bug 965548 - Add a way to close edit mode in one tap
- bug 957894 - Update account pickling code for Firefox Account
- bug 983437 - Delay FHR pruning until the screen is off
- bug 898613 - [fig] Editing mode tests (followup to bug 895828)
- 974771 - Currently downloading file can be attempted to open
- 981483 - Helper app does not update or clear previous page actions
- finishing and landing helper app patches
- fixing shutdown crash for debug builds
- house moving
- Sync scheduling, reviews, etc.
- Reviewing sync scheduling, coding, etc.
- Next wave for FxAccounts.
- 917527 - crash in java.lang.IllegalStateException: get field slot from row 0 col 0 failed at android.database.CursorWindow.getString_native(Native Method)
- 967022 - Firefox Accounts (Sign In) - Weird spinning animation in the Sign in button (Gingerbread)
- 974015 - Change: "Firefox online services" to "Firefox cloud services"
- 974124 - Change: borders, padding, and colors
- 974129 - Change: replace cloud and Firefox icons in Getting Started
- 974133 - Wording change: "Firefox account" => "Firefox Account"
- 974627 - Decorative images in Firefox accounts page don't need assistive text
- 974942 - Don't share strings/reuse "Terms of service" and "Privacy notice" (subject vs. object)
- 978944 - Use Android native code pbkdf2sha256 (from NativeCrypto library) in FxAccountClient
- 979388 - mobile/android/base/AndroidManifest.xml.in make deps are incorrect
- 979537 - mobile/android/base/geckoview_resources.zip deps are wrong
- 982138 - Set ANDROID_AAPT_IGNORE (or include --ignore-assets) to aapt invocations
- 983350 - Send explicit user agent for FxA and token server requests
- 353804 - Automatic update does not check for newer versions if a previous update is still in progress or staged
- 968592 - Use expired tokens for info/collections fetches
- 985504 - Solicit user credentials once on receiving invalid-client-state response from server
- bug 928096 - UI for tab streaming
- selection dialog landed
- recording indicator patch up for review
- next up is putting thumbnails in the selection dialog
- bug 980197 - on long press of a phone number, select the whole phone number, landed
- bug 979470 - When a phone number is highlighted, offer to call it from the context menu or action bar
- bug 983439 - AAPT should ignore mercurial merge conflict files
- In MoTo next week
- Picking up Roku casting support again
- Telemetry Dashboards
- Form Autofill designs are complete. Bugs are being filed as I speak. Here's the metabug:
- PDF.js bugs to follow soon.
- Next in line: Bug 663803, Bug 762298
- team remains focused on release blockers, bug fixes, and minor enhancements
- we're GO for Fx29 and will solicit testing during beta cycle
- bouncing off zarro blookers
- Noteworthy Bugs:
- Congrats on Fx28! Roadmap has been updated: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Roadmap
- Fx29, Ships on 04/29
- [ON TRACK] Toolbar Refactor
- [ON TRACK] Shumway Bundled in Browser but disabled, bug 905668
- [ON TRACK] Promo snippet for Sync
- [ON TRACK] Preloaded bookmark for Marketplace
- [ON TRACK] Multiple Quickshare Buttons - 2 Quickshare on main menu
- [ON TRACK] Ability to "Hide" existing panels in about:home (see the full project page for more details)
- [AT RISK] Dynamic snippets support preffed on, bug 862801
- [AT RISK] bug 875750 - Implement <input type="color">: Android widget/color picker
- [AT RISK] Replace throbber with progress bar bug 917896, bug 959776. UX Signoff: 03/04
- [AT RISK] APK Synthesis on by default
- [AT RISK] Promo snippet for Marketplace UX Signoff: 03/04
- [AT RISK] Firefox Accounts with Sync 1.5 integration
- [PROPOSED] Synced tabs page as entry point into Firefox Accounts & Sync bug 958889 (nice to have, shift to 30 if needed)
- Fx30, Ships on 06/10
- [AT RISK] Ability to re-order existing panels in about:home (see My List: Manage current lists in settings), bug 942231
- [ON TRACK] Evaluate pngquant for PNG size reduction bug 959833
- [AT RISK] Firefox Hub v1 (RSS feed support + 2 add-ons)
- [PROPOSED] Progress Bar Improvements for Fx30 bug 981059
- [PROPOSED] Placeholder for FxA/Sync Backlog
- [PROPOSED] API: Contacts (incl permissions bump)
- [PROPOSED] Geolocation services (incl permissions bump)
- [ON TRACK] Added locale: Argentine Spanish (es-AR), bug 979250
- [ON TRACK] Added locale: Mexican Spanish (es-MX), 979251 bug 979251
- [ON TRACK] Added locale: Malay (ms), bug 979257
- [ON TRACK] Added locale: Latvian (lv) , bug 958021
- Fx31, Ships 7/22
- [PROPOSED] UX Telemetry
- [PROPOSED] Firefox Hub v2 (currently planned feature complete)
- [PROPOSED] WebRTC tab streaming
- [PROPOSED] Firefox Hub: Marketplace discovery feed add-on (project page TBD)
- [PROPOSED] Promotional banner enhancements
- [PROPOSED] Firefox Hub: Add new My Panel from Promotional Banner
- [AT RISK] Quickshare Contexts
- [AT RISK] Quickshare on the context menu
- [PROPOSED] First-run feature tour
- [PROPOSED] Quickshare: Settable default service for quickshare buttons
- [PROPOSED] Quickshare: Collect aggregate usage data
- [PROPOSED] Preferred web content language
- [PROPOSED] API: Web activities
- [PROPOSED] Added locale(s): Hindi(hi), Gujarati (gu), Bengali (bn), Punjabi (pn), Maithili (mai), Marathi (mr), Malayalam (ml), Assamese (as), Oriya (or), Tamil (ta), Telugu (te), Kannada (kn)
- Fx32, Ships on 09/02
- [PROPOSED] Firefox Hub v3 (promo panel, bugfixes & polish + 4-5 add-ons)
- [PROPOSED] Password handling improvements
- [PROPOSED] Form auto-fill improvements
- [PROPOSED] Gestures
- [PROPOSED] My List: Auto-play video and audio lists
- [PROPOSED] API: Push notifications
- [PROPOSED] Kitkat download integration