From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« previous mtg | QA Staff Home | next mtg »

QA Staff Meeting Notes February 8, 2012

Meeting Details

 # Every Weds @ 1:30p Pacific Time - Mozilla HQ, Warp Core 
 # Vidyo:
 # Phone:  +1 650 903 0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 95312 (US/INTL)
 #         +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312 (US Toll Free)
 #         +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 95312 (Canada)
 # IRC:    irc://

QA Org Items

  • New Hires & Interviews
    • item
  • Community Member Onboarding
  • Upcoming Events
  • PTOs
    • Henrik: Feb 17th - Feb 26th
    • Matt Brandt: Feb 13th & 14th
    • Marlena Compton: 1/2 day Feb. 15, Full day Feb 16 & 17

QA Team Updates

Desktop Firefox (Juan)

Apps Desktop and Mobile (Jason)

  • Completed initial mobile world congress testing across windows 7, Galaxy S2, Desire HD, Galaxy Tab
    • Testing top apps, figuring out what devices they could be tested on, what blockers exist currently with using those apps
    • Results are here
  • Prepared some initial test cases for final test run before Mobile World Congress, still needs to be finalized
  • Team-wide apps dashboard in the works - see here for notes during the meeting
  • Next
    • Finalize test plan for mobile world congress
    • Run test cases when final desktop extension and Soup builds are ready
    • Initiating a plan for an apps team dashboard (initial template built so far is here

Browser Technologies (Tony)

  • Fennec (Kevin/Aaron)
  • Sync (Tracy)
    • Password Sync is the new fennec beta blocker
    • bug 720933 is sync 0.3 code drop that went out to m-c and aurora
    • bug 720934 is the next Sync 0.4 code is the next Android code drop (in QA now)
  • Test pilot (tracy)
    • devs are sorting out how to handle 5 different branches of the product
  • Sync Server (jbonacci/jrgm)
    • Testing as needed for weekly Change/Maintenance Windows
    • Test planning for Sync+BrowserID, BiPostal/Notifications, and Metrics Logging
    • No test planning needed at this time for Queuey
  • BrowserID (jbonacci/jrgm)
    • Work continues on current train that supports Primaries and Localization of 41 languages
    • Decision was made this morning to slow the releases from weekly to every two weeks
  • Pancake (nhirata)
    • Work week this week; QA in Mnt View as Fennec takes priority
    • Pancake statement to be made this week
    • most moving parts are to be joined together, graph of lattice (how a user ends up going from one page to the next) can be seen
    • iOS app to be done either end of this week or next; beta of iOS app suppose to be done by end of quarter
  • B2G (jhammink)

WebQA (Stephen)

Interviews with interns this week. Next week we're going to the career fair at UC Berkley.

Community (Marcia)

  • QA Community Meeting today
    • Please add discussion items to the agenda
    • Community Meeting with David Boswell
      • It was decided to roll his meeting into our bi-weekly Wednesday meeting, so David will attend the meeting at 4 PM today.
  • Upcoming Testdays/BugDays/Meetups
    • Thursday February 2nd: SUMO Questions day, 253+ questions after Firefox 10 release, over 80% answered by contributors!
    • Friday, February 10: Firefox Beta for Android Testday (aaronmt)
    • Friday, February 17: Desktop and Android Web Apps Testday
    • Thursday, February 23: WebQA Live Testday (davehunt)
  • Video Work
    • Discuss replacing the video that is on the first run nightly page?
  • (Raymond):
    • Working with Craig Cook to solve a couple of bugs and plan next release
  • Documentation
    • (ashughes) Posted a revision to the testday documentation in an effort to make things simpler and to put the power of success in the hands of organizers, less gatekeeper oriented
    • (ashughes) Published a mozmill-tests commit policy, opening the door for community members to become committers

QA Automation Service (Henrik, David)


  • Selenium 2.19 has been released
  • Mozmill 1.5.9 with jsbridge fix for Python 2.7.2 has been released
  • Mozmill add-ons DTC project has been delivered right in time - minor adjustments remaining
  • Our team has been taken over the Nightly Tester Tools to ensure compatibility for our >100.000 Nightly testers

Project updates

On-Demand Test Framework (Geo)
  • Finishing up script changes
  • Anticipate doing a proof of concept run next week
Mozmill 2.0 Automation Scripts Update (Henrik)
  • No update
CI system for daily and l10n Firefox Builds (Henrik)
  • No update
Mozmill Dashboard Validation (DavidB)
  • No update
MemChaser extension
  • Release of MemChaser v0.1.1 on AMO: (Already 420 downloads even without the targeted blog post)
  • Work on v0.2 has been started (circular buffer, improved logging)
  • Next task is to revamp the complete documentation around project activities to offer entry points for community members
Open Positions (DavidB)
  • Have got team adding labels to Github projects so we can now poll it.
Weekly Blog Posts
Case Conductor
  • Still looking to complete 0.8 this Friday
  • Working to get it deployed to
  • working on JSON import this week in new CC
  • Also working on JSON export from old platform CC this week.
  • Litmus JSON export tool complete.
  • Working with Ubuntu on solutions to support their test case needs.

Roundtable/Discussion Items

  • QA Bugzilla Dashboard - Is it being used? Why or Why not? (jsmith)
    • Add new feature requests here
  • Meeting template under new organization direction - Should it be re-evaluated? (jsmith)

Notes, Takeaways and Action Items


  • Add notes here

Last Meeting

  • Action Items