- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 8600
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 8600
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 8600
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 8600
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 8600
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 8600
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 8600
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- 1 All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
- 1.1 Friends of the Tree
- 1.2 Upcoming Events
- 1.3 Product Status Updates (voice updates)
- 1.4 Speakers
- 2 Roundtable
- 3 Welcome!
- 4 <meta>
- 4.1 Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
All-hands Status Meeting Agenda
Items in this section will be shared during the live all-hand status meeting.
- Front-end Australis team for their focus on performance and recent perf related sucesses
Monday, 26 August
- MAKER PARTY: Chicago, USA: Five day Project Wishcraft: Felt Sew Silly Grades K -5 workshop is a mash-up of Feltville and Sewn Silly camps from earlier this season, campers wrap-up summer by making a set of playthings that will keep them happily busy indoors when the weather gets chilly. Hand-sewing and embroidery are taught in this full-day camp. No previous sewing experience is required and those with experience take on new challenges.
- MAKER PARTY: Dresden, Germany: The Webmaker Weiterbildung workshop is for members of the Medienbildung Netzwerk in Dresden to level up their web skills and learn how to #teachtheweb. They'll learn how to use Webmaker tools, how to integrate them into other projects and programs participants are organizing and working on, more about the open ethos and ways that participants can get involved with the Webmaker Mentor Community. They'll also talk about localizing pieces and parts of Webmaker for German speakers and how we can work together to bring a maker ethos and the web to Dresden's learning offerings.
- MAKER PARTY: Durgapur, India: Hack Jam @ BCREC will introduce participants to Mozilla and its introduction to Webmaker project, introduction and Demo on FirefoxOS paper prototyping (draw your idea for web/app/popcorn), and hands on session with webmaker tools (remix websites with the X-Ray Goggles and hack the web with Thimble). Students who attend this event will range from people who are very new to webmaking to engineering students of Durgapur.
Tuesday, 27 August
- MAKER PARTY: Chapai Nawabganj, Bangladesh: Three day Mozilla @ Chapai Nawabgonj workshop is a Mozilla Awareness event at Imperial Polytechnic Institute on 28/08/13. In this event we will talk about Mozilla, its mission, Mozilla Bangladesh, open web, Firefox OS, SuMo, Webmaker, how to contribute to Mozilla etc. On 29/08/13 there will be a maker party at Harimohan Govt. High School.
- Intern presentations in 10 Forward and Air Mozilla at 1-2:30pm PDT: Samvedana Gohil, Shuhao Wu, Vaidik Kapoor.
Wednesday, 28 August
- MAKER PARTY: Chennai, India: Webmaker in Meenakshi Sundararajan Engineering College is all about taking Webmaker to college students, helping them in hacking webpages. It will be like a hack jam party. About 50 students are expected to participate.
- MAKER PARTY: Yokohama, JAPAN: Maker Party 2013?Yokohama #1 is an entrance free workshop to remix movie clips.
- Mozilla Reps Camp 28th - 1st: Madrid, SPAIN: Leadership of the Mozilla Reps program, comprised of Council members and Reps mentors, will meet for 3 days in Madrid, Spain, from August 30th to September 1st, 2013. The meeting will be comprised of presentations, breakout sessions and discussions to draft the 2013/2014 Mozilla Reps program roadmap. This will be a the second time the entire program leadership meet and work together in person, the first being in Berlin in 2012.
- Intern presentations in the 1st floor SF Commons and Air Mozilla at 1:30-3:30pm PDT: Shilpan Bhagat, Tanay Delima, Vlad Filippov, Jonathan Wilde.
- Ryan Seys's intern presentation will be presented from the Paris conference room Apero at 2pm CET (5am PDT). It will be recorded and posted on Air Mozilla.
Thursday, 29 August
- MAKER PARTY: Buenos Aires, Argentina: Three day Hacks/Hackers Media Party: Rebooting journalism will bring together journalists, software programmers and designers from three continents to work together towards the future of the media. In this second edition of the Media Party, we hope for increased exposure, international attendance and workshop offerings. Among attendees will be representatives of multidisciplinary teams from The New York Times, Boston Globe and Zeit Online, among others; six news innovation winners from the Knight Foundation and four from the African News Innovation Challenge; Knight Fellows from the International Center For Journalists (ICFJ); and regional editors. Among invited participants are Jacqui Maher and Brian Abelson (New York Times), Brian Boyer (NPR), Joe Germuska (Knight Lab), Ted Han (Document Cloud), Annabel Church (Zeit Online), Stijn Debrouwere (The Guardian), Friedrich Lindenberg (Spiegel Online), Sonya Song (Boston Globe), Mike Tigas (Propublica), Noah Veltman (BBC), Manuel Aristarán (La Nación), Justin Arenstein (AMI), Miguel Paz (Poderopedia), Mariana Santos (La Nación Costa Rica), and others.
- MAKER PARTY: Yokohama, Japan: Maker Party 2013?Yokohama #2 is an entrance free workshop to remix movie clips.
- MAKER PARTY: Chapai Nawabganj, Bangladesh: Webmaker @ Harimohan School will be the first webmaker event at Bangladesh with school kids. The venue is far away from the capital. The school facilitates internet connection to the student also.
- MAKER PARTY: Toronto, Canada: BabyMaker Party. Join the BabyMaker Party Make your baby's first website or your first baby website. Don't have a baby in your life? That's okay, this "baby" doesn't have to be a real baby – let's make a website for whatever it is you love. We'll be using the Mozilla Webmaker tool Thimble to "remix" a baby website, along the way teaching some basics of coding with HTML and CSS. This event is FREE. Just spend a couple hours of your evening being silly and learning something new with other awesome, baby-lovin' people.
- MAKER PARTY: Brooklyn, USA: "That Could Be Your Sister" Design Challenge to Combat Sexual Cyberbullying. As part of the Project: Connect Summer Youth Programming, Radio Rookies and Global Kids will host a “That Could Be Your Sister Design Challenge” for 50 NYC teenagers to envision a digital tool that would allow for better reporting and awareness of sexual cyberbullying and provide resources and support for victims.
- Air Mozilla brownbag Payments in the marketplace: Want to get paid for your work on apps? Then you'll need to know about how payments work in the Marketplace. This covers paid apps and in-app payments steps through what developers will need to implement in order to accept payments from users.
Friday, 30 August
- MDN (virtual) doc sprint, starts 8 a.m. PT (15:00 UTC), continues through Saturday, 5 p.m. PT (23:59 UTC).
- MAKER PARTY: Powell River, Canada: Two day Sunshine IO workshop is a geekout on the Sunshine Coast.
Saturday, 31 August
- MDN (virtual) doc sprint, continues through 5 p.m. PT (23:59 UTC).
- MAKER PARTY: Nairobi, Kenya: Two day Maker Party _ Go Down Art Centre will be teaching teenage youths, most of whom are digital design students and are familiar with web technologies and tools but are definitely not gurus or experts in this field. The hope is to add something useful to their learning life, something that will ease or maybe smooth-en everything, using the awesome web leaning tools developed by the Mozilla Webmaker Community.
- MAKER PARTY: Nashik, India: Nashik Web Makers. In Nashik Webmaker chapter people can learn, Interact and share various information and details about Mozilla Organizations current projects, Webmaker and obviously about firefox OS.And together have a great fun with learning experiment.
- MAKER PARTY: Karuizawa-machi, Japan: Maker Party 2013@Karuizawa with Helpdesk, Kaetsu University is a joint event of the summer camp of Helpdesk at Kaetsu University, which are a student organization to provide IT support to the students in the university. This is a closed event. No one outside of the organization can join.
- MAKER PARTY: Andhra Pradesh, India: MozoGoggles. This webmaker party is being organised to create awareness to a few sets of people who are really interested about the WEB. It will feature Thimble, which will be we explained in detail.
Sunday, 01 September
Product Status Updates (voice updates)
Speaker Location: toronto (johnath)
- 23.0.1 went out last week (webRTC fixes, Radeon crash fix, dll blocklist)
- firefox-dev is pretty active:
Speaker Location: remote (mfinkle)
- More work continues on the new Home page. Check it out in Nightly (bug 862793)
- Well received by the Android community
- Looking into performance and fixing up tests
- Planning UI hooks for add-ons (banners and widgets)
- Page action support for associated native app (bug 899376)
- Packaging Gecko as an Android library (bug 880118 and doc)
Older Branch Work
Speaker Location: remote (pdol)
- Congratulations Mike Pennisi on becoming a new peer of Clock app.
- Gareth Aye posted a diagram of how we use Marionette and NodeJS for Firefox OS integration testing.
- Oslo work week rapidly approaching (Sept 9th) - focus on wrapping up 1.2 feature work and quality
Speaker Location: San Francisco
Help us build a history of Mozilla told by Mozillians. Please share your memories about this Mozilla milestone:
- January 18, 2012: Mozilla takes part in blackout to rally action against the Stop Online Privacy Act
60 Seconds with Mozilla IT
Speaker Location: San Francisco
The 6 week maintenance window!
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation. If you plan on showing a video, you need to contact the Air Mozilla team before the day of the meeting or you will be deferred to the next week.
|Kate Naszradi||Summit Communications Director||Summit Weekly Updates||San Francisco||No|| Summit Registration Page,
Registration questions: mozillasummit[at]shworldwide[dot]com, Summit hash-tag: #mozsummit, Internal email: summit2013[at]mozilla[dot]com, Sign-up to be a Site Host
Do you have a question about a Mozilla Project or initiative? Let us know by Friday- we'll do our best to get you an answer.
Please note that we may not always be able to get to every item on this list, but we will try!
|Who are you?||Area of question||Question|
|What's your name? What do you work on?||Is your question about policy, a product, a Foundation initiative, etc.||What would you like to know?|
|Satdav and a contributor?||I would like to ask about policys if possible.||Does Mozilla have a open opertunities policy or one to do with disabilities ?|
Let's say hello to some new Mozillians!
Introducing New Hires
|New Hire||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new hire?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
|Axel Kratel||Bill Maggs||Mountain View||Mountain View||Product Manager, Developer Tools|
|Jeff Bryner||Joe Stevensen||Mountain View||Portland||Security Engineer|
|Ho Wai Lam||Stephen Horlander||Vancouver||Vancouver||Visual Designer|
|Urmika Devi||Denelle Dixon-Thayer||San Francisco||San Francisco||Corporate Counsel|
|Michael Taylor||Lawrence Mandel||Toronto||Remote - TX||Web Compatibility Engineer|
|Jukka Jylänki||Martin Best||Toronto, Office||Finland||Senior Platform Engineer|
|Jenna Connell||Jill Alvarez||San Francisco||Remote - NY||University Recruiter|
Introducing New Interns
|New Intern||Introduced by||Speaker location||New Hire location||Will be working on|
|Who is the new intern?||Who will be introducing that person?||Where is the introducer?||Where will the new person be working from?||What will the new person be working on?|
Notes and non-voice status updates that aren't part of the live meeting go here.
Status Updates By Team (*non-voice* updates)
Automation & Tools
"Overall then, the ZTE Open with Firefox is an interesting first look at the potential of Firefox OS. It’s not the world’s most amazing phone by a long shot, but I would never bet against the open web and with that at the core of Firefox OS, the operating system definitely has a chance to be successful in the long run." - Frederic Lardinois, TechCrunch
"The Firefox OS itself is a sort-of halfway house between iOS and Android, but without a widget-heavy home screen. It certainly looks to have potential." - Hunter Skipworth, Digital Spy