CSUN 2007 Conference Stay at the Marriott or Hilton, but make sure you mention that you are part of the conference in order to get the conference rate.
The hotels sometimes have trouble finding the reserved block information. Blocks are booked as follows:
Marriott - "CSUN 2007 TECH" Hilton - "Northridge, Center on Disabilities"
|Aaron Leventhal||Mozilla accessibility module owner, IBM||Monday (afternoon) - Saturday|
|Frank Hecker||Executive Director of Mozilla Foundation||Wednesday (afternoon) - Thursday|
|Tim Riley||Director of QA for Mozilla Corporation||Tuesday (afternoon) - Saturday|
|Michael Curran||NVDA open source Windows screen reader||Monday morning to Sunday evening|
|Steve Lee||Jambu open source on screen keyboard project||Monday (evening) - Saturday (afternoon)|
|Charles Chen||Fire Vox, CLiCk, Speak, AJAX accessibility||Monday (night) - Sunday|
|Gijs Kruitbosch||Chatzilla accessibility||17 (arrive evening) - 24 (leave afternoon)|
|Peter Thiessen||AJAX chat component for Dojo||Monday (arrive 6:40) - Sunday (morning leave)|
|David Bolter||Thunderbird, ARIA, and GNOME a11y||Wednesday (after lunch) - Sunday (morning)|
|Michael Stewart||IAccessible2 testing tool||Monday afternoon - Friday|
|Peter Parente||Linux Screen Reader (LSR) and Accerciser AT-SPI testing tool||Monday afternoon until Friday evening|
|Aaron Andersen||XUL accessibility guidelines and checking tool||Wednesday (pm) - Saturday (pm)|
|Simon Bates||Dojo accessibility||Monday (evening) - Sunday (morning)|
|Alex Faaborg||User Experience Designer, Mozilla Corporation||Thursday and Friday (will be speaking Friday at 8 am at Mozilla session)|
|Sina Bahram||Rmote Access Bridge from NC State University Accessibility||Tuesday afternoon/evening to Friday evening|
|Tim Miao||Sun China Desktop Accessibility QE Team||Tuesday afternoon|
Meeting Room and Technical Presentation Schedule
Booked! Marriott – Marina del Rey, March 19-24
|Tuesday||All Day||Tuesday a11y Summit with the Mozilla team getting together to discus and hack on the current projects.||Open keyboard, MC Steve Lee|
|Thursday||12-1:30 PM,||LSR technical discussion and tutorial (extension creation, hacking the LSR core)||Peter Parente|
|Thursday||5:30-6:30 PM,||Orca technical discussion||Will Walker|
|Friday||10-10:45 AM||Mozilla testing overview and infrastructure||Tim Riley|
|Friday||12-1 PM||Accerciser hands-on tutorial and discussion||Peter Parente|
Booth 401 in the Marriott
General Sessions of Interest
The full schedule contains many interesting presentations.
Here is a short list of presentations with direct relevance to Firefox:
|Wednesday, March 21||10:40 AM||Marriott - Atlanta||Augmenting MSAA to Enhance Accessibility and Multi-platform Development||Peter Brunet, Larry Weiss|
|Thursday, March 22||9:20 AM||Marriott - Boston||Linux Screen Reader: Customizing Application Access for Users and Developers||Peter Parente|
|Thursday, March 22||4:25 PM||Marriott - Atlanta||Collaboration and Web Access using the Orca Screen Reader||Mike Pedersen, Willie Walker|
|Friday, March 23||8:00 AM||Hilton - La Jolla B||Firefox's Accessibility Ecosystem||Doug Geoffray, Frank Hecker, Aaron Leventhal, Scott Moore|
Tuesday a11y Summit
In the meeting room. A chance for all those working on Mozilla a11y projects to get together, demo or explain their projects, discuss problems and hack solutions. Expect to do a short intro to yourself and your project(s), chat about it, open your laptop and have some good geeky fun. Aaron Leventhal and Michael Stewart are otherwise engaged.
|Name||Times attending||Project or subject||Time for talk|
|Steve Lee||All day||Jambu, XULRunner + python and iA2||10 mins|
|Peter Thiessen||All Day||AJAX chat component for Dojo + Fire Vox + Dojo accessibility + AJAX accessibility||10 mins|
- Monday, arrive and meet everyone
- Tuesday, hack on code (mostly without Aaron due to IBM scheduling conflict)
- Wednesday, hack on code and set up booth. Staff booth from 4-7 PM
- Thursday, take turns staffing booth, attending conference, and working together
- Friday, take turns staffing booth, attending conference, and working together
- Saturday, last day, pack up booth, and then head to the beach (or wherever we decide for an "offsite". We can help each other digest the conference and relax at the same time.) Ideas welcome!
We haven't organized marketing yet.
Please add ideas for booth materials:
- CD's with useful things like docs and Fire Vox (organized by Charles Chen). We need to update http://www.mozilla.org/access/features
- Banners (what should they say?). Wonder if MoCo still has the CSUN 2006 banners where they can find them.
Please add other ideas for mob marketing etc.:
- Give Firefox stuffies and banners that say "We support Firefox accessibility" to any other organization's booth, where they help support Firefox accessibility (GW Micro, AI Squared, Freedom Scientific, Nuance, Sun, IBM, etc.)