This page contains all of the important details for the UX Design Guidelines for Apps Developers project.
The "UX Design Guidelines for Apps Developers" project seeks to develop a set of design patterns and best practices for good and consistent User Experience design for Open Web Apps.
The project will proceed in phases: design patterns, responsive design, event substitution (see below).
- Code name: apps-design
- Prod URL: TBD
- Dev URL: http://mozilla.github.com/apps-design/
- Stage URL: TBD
- Code Repo: https://github.com/mozilla/apps-design
- L10N Repo: n/a
- Code: HTML/CSS/JS
- Product Owner: Daniel Buchner
- UX Design Intern: Caroline Wong
- UX Mentor: Maria Sandberg
- Web Developer: Jen Fong
- IRC Channel: #devecosystem on irc.mozilla.org
- Stage 1: Design Patterns
- Stage 1: Develop a set of building blocks for Open Web Apps and connect each of them with one or more x-tags facilitating the use of each pattern.
- Stage 2: Responsive design patterns and x-tags/CSS examples facilitating the use of these patterns.
- Stage 3 (as time permits): Event Substitution (and different event types depending on device) best practices.
- Ongoing: General human interface/ usability guideline + additional resources
- Target timeline: Q3/2012
- Stages 1 to be completed from UX perspective by End of July
- Stage 2 (&3 as time permits) to be completed from UX perspective by End of August.
- Results to be published in a (TBD) production location (possibly: Apps Developers landing page) by end of Q3.
- Weekly, Wednesdays 11:00am Pacific, room MTV-2C (CYA)
- Vidyo/dial-in as needed
- Bugs are tracked as github issues on the apps-design project.