Purpose of this meeting: Big picture progress and plans of the apps program components and identification of issues that need alignment.
For dial-in info, see this page.
- 1 Agenda
- 2 Status Updates
- 2.1 Product Development (Engineering, QA, Security, UX)
- 2.2 User & Developer Engagement
- 2.3 Services
- 3 Action Items
- Status Updates
Product Development (Engineering, QA, Security, UX)
News on payment plans, implementation, and legal/financial across B2G, Android, and Desktop
Updates on the identity integration with Marketplace and apps
Working through changes around the identity/payments flows for Firefox OS. We are putting together a plan, including the UX, technical architecture, and highlighting risks & decision points. We will start circulating it very soon.
Core Marketplace product and feature updates, release readiness
B2G product updates concerning apps, release schedule updates
WebRT (Desktop & Android)
WebRT updates and readiness for upcoming milestones
WebRT android will be functionally ready for test day this Friday. All y'all expected to find / beg / borrow an Android device and test.
Apps in the Cloud
Latest on app sync
Continuing our work on a proof-of-concept AITC client for Firefox OS
User & Developer Engagement
Progress towards regional app goals and feedback from partners
Go to market planning and merchandising updates
Plans and progress in developer ecosystem, tutorials, and app lifecycle tools
App Review & Content
Current status of apps in the Marketplace and policy updates
- "Philosophy" of app quality document WIP, ready to be shared soon.
- Working with Dev Engagement to identify qualities and best practices that take apps from ok to great, they'll create a curriculum.
- Initial analysis of current app quality on Android
- Automatically generated screenshots
- Contact Lisa Brewster (Adora on irc) if you want more details
Support plan updates
SLA reports and progress towards operational readiness