Purpose of this meeting: Big picture progress and plans of the apps program components and identification of issues that need alignment.
For dial-in info, see this page.
- 1 Agenda
- 2 Status Updates
- 2.1 Product Development (Engineering, QA, Security, UX)
- 2.2 User & Developer Engagement
- 2.3 Services
- 3 Action Items
Product Development (Engineering, QA, Security, UX)
News on payment plans, implementation, and legal/financial across B2G, Android, and Desktop
Updates on the identity integration with Marketplace and apps
Core Marketplace product and feature updates, release readiness
- UX - Working on designs for developer stats and Vivo "store within a store" alternatives.
- UX - Exploring keynote prototypes for trying out apps within the Marketplace.
- UX - Bram will start helping with UX on the developer side, starting with going over submission flow.
B2G product updates concerning apps, release schedule updates
- Jonas has a draft plan for updating 3rd party packaged apps.
WebRT (Desktop & Android)
WebRT updates and readiness for upcoming milestones
- WebRT android team continues triaging and fixing bugs from the recent TestDay
- no work on WebRT desktop at present
Apps in the Cloud
Latest on app sync
- Harald continues implementing BrowserID service on Android as a prerequisite for AITC on Android.
User & Developer Engagement
Progress towards regional app goals and feedback from partners
Go to market planning and merchandising updates
Plans and progress in developer ecosystem, tutorials, and app lifecycle tools
- Collected plenty of good feedback on devhub version 1
- Planning next steps, including a PRD with (more) formal comparative feature analysis
App Review & Content
Current status of apps in the Marketplace and policy updates
- WIP: 5 slides highlighting review requirements and responsibilities for each class of app (certified system apps, preinstalled, short tail, long tail)
- WIP: Specific minimum requirements and recommendations for security, content, functionality, and usability. Targeting making this doc public in October.
- Open question: delivery requirements to preinstall apps?
- Open question: how to align with "adult" content in Vivo store? (think Playboy, not Hustler) Have requested a copy of their app acceptance criteria.
Support plan updates
- Marketplace/Apps support coordinated with Firefox OS support.
SLA reports and progress towards operational readiness