# Vidyo: https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=PGtLpx3XQGJz # Phone: 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 9654 (US/INTL) # 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 9654 (US) # IRC: irc://irc.mozilla.org:6697/#automation
- Andreea, Daniela, Mario,Otilia, Andrei, Rob, Dave, Henrik, Joel, Adrian, Clint, Anthony, Mihaela
- Chair: Andreea Matei
- Welcome! :-) http://tinyurl.com/btcdndm
- Notes: Andrei Eftimie
Last Weeks Action Items
- [DONE] [davehunt] Follow up with Henrik about what test/data we want to report to tbpl
- [NEW] Joel will talk to Tony and will look into what robocop tests we could add for performance/stress - currently covering more of the basic functionality is more important
- [NEW] Adrian will get access to the tryserver - Joel will need to log a bug for that
- [DONE] [davehunt] - Fix the exception that occurs in mozdownload
- [DONE] [davehunt] - Revisit the automatic retry of downloads in mozdownload
- New Mozmill release: v1.5.21 that fixed a few bugs. We're green now!
- Mozmill add-on has been removed from AMO (https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/mozmill-dev/02HwCHWQFRA)
- MemChaser 0.5.2 has been released
- Nightly Tester Tools 3.4 has been released
- mozdownload 1.6 has been released (now with automatic retries)
- gaiatest 0.8 has been released
- b2gpopulate 0.5 has been released
- Gaia UI tests much more stable now that we're restarting b2g between tests (down to three tests failing on master)
- b2gperf 0.1.3 has been released
- Endurance tests now have a 5 second delay (increased from 0.1 seconds) to allow memory allocation to settle in a more realistic way
- New blockers, any updates?
- You can find all blockers here: http://bit.ly/Tph0NY
Add here any issues or topics you want to discuss with the team
- [Dave] What do we think of the new meeting format? Any other suggestions?
- [Dave] 'Ask an Expert' is a success! Should we make it twice a week?
- Mozmill styleguide - Clarify trailing new lines, and how strongly should we enforce this?
- [davehunt] I suggest specify a single newline at the end of each file in the style guide, but as long as there's at least one new line (and not excessive new lines) we shouldn't block a patch on just this infraction.
- [Andrei] Styleguide changes when fixing issues. We shouldn't mix them. If we write new code, adhere to the styleguide, but don't random fix style issues when fixing a bug, it leads to less comprehensible code changes.
- [Andreea] - AutomationBot from #automation to announce when a bug has been fixed
- We do get this info on emails updates from Bugzilla, but for my email account at least, when I'm connected to the VPN I don't get any emails until I switch back. IRC on the other hand works (after restart).
- [henrik] Should we add support for different applications in the current Mozmill Dashboard or wait for the new one? We would need this for the Firefox Metro mode
- [henrik] We need new test candidates for Mozmill. Please get back to the QA team and look at moztrap.
Gaia UI (Dave)
- Goals progress:
- [rwood] Goal: Write stability/long running/endurance tests and graph their performance over time [ON TRACK]
- [rwood] Developing long-running GaiaUI tests (bug 843083). Current tests under development are for airplane mode, SMS, and music playback. For a complete list please see the GaiaUI Stress Test etherpad.
- [davehunt] UI tests got a green build last week! Now focus is on v1-train and close to green there too
- Goals progress:
- [rwood] This goal was completed last quarter except for two tests still under review/need minor updates
- [rwood] Minor changes required for two Screen Orientation tests, once submitted and they receive an r+ this section can be removed from the meeting agenda.
- Goals progress:
- No movement so far
- Waiting for todays meeting to figure out how the refactor for the test framework will happen. Will continue now with data channel tests.
- Goals progress: Getting started, Andreea will work on a test this sprint: test_clock_switch_clock_type.py or test_clock_turn_on_off_alarm.py, as Dave suggested.
- bug 842939 - Testing on all platforms the new mozmill version
- bug 783484 - Test failure 'Shutdown expected but none detected before end of test ' in /restartTests/testAddons_uninstallExtension/test4.js
- bug 831686 - Create Mozmill test for proxy.pac file served via a file:// protocol
- bug 840485 - Test failure "The crash reporter executable is present - got 'false'" in /testInstallation/testBreakpadInstalled.js
- bug 841355 - Test failure "Password notification should be closed" in some functional tests that use notification.getNode().state
- bug 800708 - Test failure "All downloads have been finished" in /testPrivateBrowsing/testDownloadManagerClosed.js
- bug 780957 - Failure in /testAddons_pluginDisabledAfterRestart/test2.js | Shockwave Flash is enabled - 'false' should equal 'true'
- bug 611455 - 'Application disconnected' failure in restartTests/TestMasterPassword/test.2
- Blocked bugs:
- Waiting for review / feedback / Checkin needed
- bug 831406 - Land Flash private browsing tests in testcase-data repository
- bug 786306 - Add more logic to the restart tests to skip following test files if a test is failing
- bug 823064 - Refactor testDownloadManagerClosed.js for the new PB per-window mode
- bug 826251 - Make testPreferences/testPreferredLanguage.js language independend
- Working on:
- bug 803492 - Enhance the constructor of MozMillController to set focus on the window
- bug 489474 - Write automated tests for user generated video controls
- each platforms requires different values and timeouts, patch almost ready
- bug 800872 - Test failure "Window number '1' has been opened" in endurance//testTabbedBrowsing_OpenNewWindow/test1.js
- bug 843553 - Test failure "Checkbox ID: acceptCookies could not be checked/unchecked" in /testPreferences/testDisableCookies.js
- bug 732353 - Disable all Discovery Pane tests due to unpredictable web dependencies
- bug 809124 - restartTests/testAddons started failing with "Modal dialog has been found and processed"
- bug 840022 - Test failure "The forward button has been made visible for the 1 page" in testToolbars/testBackForwardButtons.js
- bug 842571 - Update the process start directory (XCurProcD) in software-update.js library
- bug 838192 - Add screenshot functionality to assertion module
- bug 820346 - Test failure "TabView is not open." in endurance/testTabView_OpenTabViewWithTabs/test1.js
- bug 707663 - Timeout failure in /testTabbedBrowsing_PinAndUnpinAppTab/test1.js | Tab has scrolled into view
- Automation testing status
- Progress on Robocop Automation
- Bugs with work in progress:
- bug 820276 - Robocop: Make editBookmark and checkBookmarkEdit methods available to other tests
- bug 822259 - Robocop: Add test for Find in Page feature - blocked by bug 828481
- bug 820859 - Robocop: Add test for 'Clear Private Data'
- bug 830834 - Robocop: Add test for 'Show Search Suggestions' feature
- bug 833832 - Robocop: Add test for Import from Android feature
- Bugs recently integrated
- bug 841377 - Robocop: Extend the testShareLink test to cover opening the share popup from context menus
- Progress was slow last week on automation and will continue to be this week because of manual testing tasks - Firefox Mobile 19 RC, Firefox Mobile 20 beta 1 and 2, Aurora 21 sign-off
- The team has also been looking into BFTs features to automate (extend web context menu test to cover images, add search engines and search works on unvisited bookmarks - bugs will be logged later this week)
For the personal status please check the weekly status updates:
The meeting notes for this meeting can be read in the following etherpad:
New action items
- [CARRY OVER] Joel will talk to Tony and will look into what robocop tests we could add for performance/stress - currently covering more of the basic functionality is more important (email dialog started)
- [CARRY OVER] Adrian will get access to the tryserver - Jeol will need to log a bug for that (bug 844892 filed)
- [NEW] [Henrik] - Disable flash on OSX 10.6
- [NEW] [Henrik] - Start a thread in the mailing list for additional 'Ask an Expert' session
- [NEW] [Andrei] - amed our style guide to include a section about Bug Fixes vs Style changes
- [NEW] [Andreea] - File a bug against Automation bot to add the functionality
- [NEW] [Andreea] - Look into VPN issues (unable to recieve email while connected)
- [NEW] [Henrik] - Extra item to the issue for mozmill-dashboard. adding support for Metro tests