|Lead||Jason Smith (irc: jsmith)|
|Description||Allows for installing, launching, using, and uninstalling of app content.|
|Quality Status||The hosted apps quality state appears to be mostly there, although there's some missing key basecamp blockers still outstanding along with general problems with inconsistent stability.|
- Manifest testing - drilling at different inputs allowed for an app manifest
- Testing the lifecycle of an app and differences in state the app can be in
- Content and Permissions Testing - Drilling at the rules for on and off origin content and permissions associated
- Valid vs. no vs. invalid icons
- Naming conflict with other apps
- App previously installed on device
- Reinstall of an app with different manifest data
- Reinstalling an app already running
- Multiple apps launched
- Launching the same app multiple times
- No network connection
- Appcache preloading
- Uninstalling a web app currently running
- Off-origin navigation from web app
- Navigation within web app vs. switching to browser
- App crashes not taking down other apps
- All basecamp blockers are closed
- All smoke tests and basic functional tests are ran without finding any basecamp blockers
- Use of testmanifest.com to test different app manifests and the apps installation lifecycle
- Use of real apps from the Firefox Marketplace to do content and permissions testing
Test Cases and Results
For formalized test cases, see the Gaia System Test Log under "Apps" in the untrusted hosted apps section to find test cases in relation to hosted apps.
For informal exploratory test runs, see the following references:
Test Coverage Needed
The following areas will need test coverage, are currently not covered by existing test cases, and are classified as basecamp blocker level:
- Reviewing app permissions on install
- Mobile data connection vs. Wifi connection on app install
- Permissions management within app context
- Reviewing and editing app permissions on device
- Reviewing app data consumption
- Editing app settings
- Clearing an app's cache data
- App error management
Other test areas that are not covered that are not basecamp blocker level:
- Specifying default apps for actions
- Reviewing app power consumption
- Reviewing and editing app notification settings on device
- What does reviewing app permissions on install entail with hosted apps and how does the app manifest affect it?
- What app permissions can be reviewed and edited for a hosted app?
- What app power consumption values can be reviewed?
- What app settings can be reviewed?
- What default actions can be set for an app?
- How can a user clear app cache data?