< Breakpad | Status Meetings
sayrer, coop, aravind, jay, morgamic
Action Item Update
- Aravind to investigate the cost of python 2.4 on the cluster
- We're going to use RHEL5 and mod_python
- luser to write client code to send buildid with minidump
- sayrer to separate processor and collector functions
- It's going well, should have some code for later
- jay to find per-day crash report numbers for alpha releases
- luser to come up with disk-space usage estimates
- bsmedberg to file IT bug on server requirements
- bsmedberg to set up VMs for cross-machine testing for sayrer
- Has same-machine setup with multiple logins on dreamhost.
- bsmedberg to ask jay for precise requirements for needed queries: short-term and long-term
- Decide on a discussion forum
- Using mozilla.dev.quality
- Discussion of the planning worksheet
- progress or problems with existing tasks
- morgamic to have checklist of deployment requirements for production webapps
- Overview of jay's reporting requirements
- Milestone schedule
- bsmedberg to separate reporting requirements into milestones
- morgamic to have a draft of the database schema
Jay can help do talkback-parity reports, and we're going to have interns to help as well.
Milestone 1: 19-Apr (will be available for testing well before 1.9a4) Milestone 2: 17-May (for 1.9a5) Milestone 3: 14-June (very tentative)
After the database schema is refined, we should issue a public call for volunteers to help with report generation and other tasks. The collection/processing tasks require symbols and other tools, while reporting requires only a database dataset. Thoughts include:
- taking a week+ of data and using that as a reporting dataset. Since we are going to be collecting more data over time (not going to start collecting extension data until M3), this might need to be repeated frequently.
- migrating some talkback datasets to breakpad (sounds hard/probably not worth it)
For new features, the sequence of hacking probably has to be client->processor->reporting.