Nightly build bug team
Hello! If you'd like to help out with bug management for Nightly builds, please read this page and try out the tutorial at http://www.tizianasellitto.it/trainingmontage/bugzilla-triage-tutorial.html.
Every night the latest pre-release version of Firefox is made available. If you want to test against the cutting edge of Firefox, download the Nightly build and use it as your main browser. If you find any bugs, file them. (How to File a Bug).
You may also be interested in looking at the bugs others have filed, and see if you can replicate them or add any useful information. Triaging the Nightly bugs will help us catch important bugs as quickly as possible!
1. Download the Nightly build and run it.
2. Make a bugzilla account.
3. Skim over the current bugs against the Nightly release (currently, 61 branch).
4. Triage through the list of UNCONFIRMED Nightly bugs. So helpful!
--- replicate the bug, comment, and confirm it
--- needinfo the bug reporter to get more details
--- regression testing with the mozregression tool
For example, the current release version of Firefox is 59. The Beta version is 60, and the Aurora version is 54. That means the Nightly build is 61. The bugs filed against that release are listed as being in the 61 branch of Firefox.
UNCONFIRMED bugs in the 61 Branch (Nightly)
17 Total; 17 Open (100%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);
- Bugs that changed state from UNCO to NEW. (Active triaging happened to move them to NEW)
- Total number of bugs reported for 61 Branch that were confirmed (Including bugs that were originally filed as NEW)
Firefox Untriaged bugs in 61 Branch
Bugs that are in the Firefox Untriaged component, reported for 61 branch. The UNCONFIRMED bugs need to be replicated and their status changed to NEW. Often they turn out to be support issues. In that case mark them as RESOLVED INVALID and redirect the person who filed the bug to Support.
|1445237||NIGHTLY: Your connection is not secure||Firefox||Untriaged||UNCONFIRMED||Unspecified|
|1445585||Opening new profile window forces downloads in current profile to stop||Firefox||Untriaged||UNCONFIRMED||Unspecified|
|1445903||Selecting the correct speaker/microphone||Firefox||Untriaged||UNCONFIRMED||Unspecified|
|1446010||@font-size is forgotten during repaint when disabling border-radius from the inspector||Firefox||Untriaged||UNCONFIRMED||Unspecified|
|1446134||Unpinning a tab makes it disappear from the bar||Firefox||Untriaged||UNCONFIRMED||Unspecified|
|1446238||Mouse does not work after upgrade||Firefox||Untriaged||UNCONFIRMED||Unspecified|
|1446684||Watched variables appear as "unavailable" when stopped at a breakpoint||Firefox||Untriaged||UNCONFIRMED||Unspecified|
|1446762||Graphical issue with skin for Nightly||Firefox||Untriaged||UNCONFIRMED||Unspecified|
8 Total; 8 Open (100%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);
The following bugs have been replicated, or confirmed as NEW, but haven't yet been assigned to a product and component. It's important to make an effort to get these bugs into a category where developers on particular teams are more likely to see them.
0 Total; 0 Open (0%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);
- To search later branches, go to the Advanced Search form in Bugzilla, select Firefox for the product, then under the Detailed Bug Information dropdown, scroll through the Versions listed and select the latest one. That search will bring up all bugs reported for the latest nightly build.
- More explanation of the release channels for Firefox:
Other ways to help with the Nightly release: QA Test Plan for Firefox 61