- Wednesday, January 9th, 17:00 UTC
- Phone meeting
- Toll free numbers
- US/Canada: 866-692-3163
- Netherlands: 0800-020-1392
- Germany: 0800-000-3441
- Participant Passcode
- Conference controls
- Press *1 private help menu
- Press *6 mute or un-mute individual line
- Each time you say something, please say your name first so people know who's speaking
- Tracking 0.8
- Seems we need more time until string freeze. Proposal: shift another week.
- Discussion of next face-to-face meeting
- Update on current download numbers
- attendees: gary, mschroeder, christian, philipp, berend, mickey, simon, daniel, clint
- went thru the list of blocking bugs 0.8 by assignee:
- clint: has worked on timezone registry
- clint: will have a look at itip/imip bugs
- daniel: proceeds with philipp on offline stuff
- daniel: storage provider foreign timezone stuff has a pending review from mvl
- daniel: other bugs fit into time range, except bug 402539 which is high effort and risky
- mickey: focusses on l10n bugs first
- mickey: will have a look at conversion bugs, pick those
- mickey/christian: has written some more task-mode blockers
- mschroeder: waits for l10n checkin; daniel will ping ause to do that
- someone needs to catch mvl on IRC about the universal mac build; tinderboxen are not switched yet. what's missing?
- daniel will ping ause on bug 400540
- philipp: we should drop the default category colors bugs → done.
- berend: works on task menu
- berend needs some more days until string freeze
- sebo's bugs have pending review from mickey
- We slip string freeze for another week, so the new date will be january 21st.
- philipp: pointed out some cool and interesting tinderbox upload stuff
- bug 410666: we decided to put our energy in releasing 0.8 soon, so we likely release before thunderbird 18.104.22.168 comes out.
- daniel will be attending CalConnect beginning of february.
- next face-2-face: philipp will post a proposal for may/june on the mailing list
- download numbers:
- overall roughly 2 millions
- 0.7 runs pretty good at about 330k
- over 170k updates 0.5 → 0.7
- sums up about half a million people are on 0.7
- 1 million on AMO
- 300k on 0.7
- same growth rate in terms of downloads as sunbird
- we're gaining attraction: more downloads in the same period of time compared to 0.5
- gary: asked about what information developers prefer for crashes; mentioned bug 410998