Calendar:Status Meetings:2008-02-27

From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

<< previous meeting | index | next meeting >>

Meeting Details

Telephone Info

  • Toll free numbers
    • US/Canada: 866-692-3163
    • Netherlands: 0800-020-1392
    • Germany: 0800-000-3441
  • Participant Passcode
    • 3182189
  • Conference controls
    • Press *1 private help menu
    • Press *6 mute or un-mute individual line
  • Each time you say something, please say your name first so people know who's speaking

Agenda Items

  • Tracking 0.8
  • Google Summer of Code
    • Do we want to participate?
    • Please brainstorm about possible projects in the newsgroup

Meeting Notes

These are done from My Memory, so edit as needed

Attendees: berend, martin, lars, philipp, simon, gary, clint

Blocking Bugs

  • bug 419601 - This definitely must be fixed, mvl is working on it. Mvl just started on it today, and is continuing to work on it by decoupling the storage db schema version from calendarmanager.js which is something that we've needed to do for a long time.
  • bug 412641 - The L10N stuff is looking good, only one minor issue, all tbox are go
  • bug 418854 - This seems like a deeper fix than we really have time for. We could do something temporary, but that just seems like even more work. The best thing is probably to relnote this and ship with the bug, then fix it properly for next release.
  • bug 415103 - Simon needs feedback from Clint, Philipp and others. If you haven't given feedback to Simon after this week, you'll find yourself picking up his bar tab during the F2F (remember he was the one that liked scotch, so if you value your pocketbook, give feedback)!!!
  • bug 361635 - Clint is going to look into working around this issue by analyzing what we can do with microsoft's x-props
  • bug 419349 - First run patch by Martin, Clint will look into this also.

Proposed Blockers

  • bug 419614 - This is wanted 0.8 not blocking, we don't have to have this for RC1. But we really want it, especially if it's low risk
  • bug 419860 - Berend will investigate
  • bug 419817 - Clint will look into this. This is very disturbing.


  • We will apply for a summer of code student. We'll mentor them like we mentor everyone else - who ever happens to be in channel at that moment will be available to help out. We probably won't have an "assigned" mentor for the person because due to the timezone of the student that could work out really poorly.
  • Simon will start a newsgroup post to brainstorm on what the SOC student will work on.
  • More info on our newsgroup (post by Bas) and here:


  • Martin, Philipp and Lars rocked the world at FOSDEM and had a good time
  • Their presentation was well attended even though the room was tiny and suffocatingly hot
  • People understood that we need help
  • A couple of new localizers stepped up to translate calendar, and Martin will get Simon those names
  • Martin will try to upload his presentation and blog about fosdem this week