A person should be able to use the Web with any devices and browsers.
Our attempt is to help both website developers and browser implementers to reach a point where users have no issues when browsing the Web because of their choices.
Cross Browsers. Any vendors
- Web Compatibility bug reporting (Cross Browsers. Any vendors)
- @WebCompat on twitter
- @MozWebCompat for Mozilla Web compatibility issues
The Web Compatibility activity is composed of permanent Mozilla staff and volunteer contributors. We are part of the Platform Group.
The Web compatibility is composed by:
- Adam Stevenson - adam_s (IRC)
- Dennis Schubert - denschub (IRC)
- Eric Tsai - etsai (IRC)
- Karl Dubost - karlcow (IRC)
- Mike Taylor (Activity Manager) - miketaylr (IRC)
- Ola Gasidlo - ola (IRC)
- Thomas Wisniewski - twisniew1ki (IRC)
What is Web Compatibility
Web Compatibility issues are related to Web sites implementing techniques that create issues for a certain class of browsers and/or devices. A person will not be able to use a Web site according to his/her own choices.
These issues are cross-platforms, cross-products and related to the Web as a whole. There are circumstances when a company will choose to use a standardized techniques which is not available for an old browser, but that should be mitigated in making the Web site usable in any circumstances. So if a person is using the last version of Firefox or a vocal browser such as Jaws, or a proxy browser such as Opera Mini or UCWeb, the Web site should be able to work.
Mozilla has two areas for dealing with Web Compatibility issues. The goal is to make the Web usable by anyone and not only Firefox products, but we will focus the efforts on solving issues for Firefox users.
Web Compatibility issues can change over time, we keep an updated list of the most common issues.
Desktop Web Compatibility
- Desktop Issues that need diagnosis
- Desktop Issues that need contact
- Desktop Issues that are ready for outreach
- Desktop Issues that have been contacted
Mobile Web Compatibility
Mozilla can't fix the Web alone, so you are welcome to participate with us.
- Mobile Issues that need diagnosis
- Mobile Issues that need contact
- Mobile Issues that are ready for outreach
- Mobile Issues that have been contacted
- Our Contractors from SOFTVISION started a QA effort for Firefox for Android and here are some more details: