Scribed by Thomas
Q4 OKRs (miketaylr)
Nearly done: we need to pick owners and decide if we want another OKR. Then set up a date to review progress.
- https: //docs.google.com/document/d/1TXQI-olA6MDMTm4rsd0OpC7_wUXdcU0vNtX3Id38R7Y/edit#heading=h.uh6yj6ffdh1a
- https: //public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/webcompat.com
- mike: dennis sent a good email to make an objective to improve bug quality.
- dennis: more difficult to submit bad reports (required fields, a/b testing, etc).
- mike: there are also a few bugzilla bugs about recording whether Firefox users have adblockers/tracking protection, what their build ID is, whether they're using an unstable release, do they have a touchscreen, etc which could help out here.
- mike: as an objective the idea sounds strong, but the concern is whether we have people with the time to do it who are committed to it.
- ola: it is a good time to at least make a plan to do it q4, even if we defer bigger changes to q1.
- dennis: it sounds like the kind of work involved will make it tough to put this into a specific quarter (too experimental).
- mike: let's keep it as an objective, and maybe see if we can make a plan for q4 (we won't write a formal OKR, but will discuss it in Austin).
- mike: let's be prepared to report on status/what we own in two weeks, even if there is no progress on specific OKRs yet.
- mike: if your name isn't on the list much, please try to figure out if you can help at least co-own anything else.
- eric: how about improving triaging of where bugs go (bugzilla vs webcompat.com)? was hoping to discuss that during this thursday's meeting.
- mike: bear in mind that we can treat things as sub-OKRs; they don't have to be top-level ones.
- ola: for that issue specifically, i'd love to discuss it ASAP. happy to help set up a document, test page etc.
- mike: we can talk about anything anytime, even if it doesn't seem to be an OKR, since it's still important work.
Detect similar description (etsai)
- https: //github.com/webcompat/webcompat.com/issues/1826 is for detecting similar domain when create a new issue. Detect similar description like bugzilla (query summary) also reduce the change for duplicate issue. Sounds like a good idea?
Milestones TODO (miketaylr)
Progress report on Milestones. Final PR for review https://github.com/webcompat/webcompat.com/pull/1841
- mike: karl has made heroic progress on milestones; is there any reason to stall deployment?
- karl: give me a day to test it and assess, but I think the big issue is making sure labels pre-exist in case that causes deployment to bomb (we can remove those labels later).
- adam: could we just write a script to do that?
- mike: yeah, we could also do it manually.
- karl: it will take a lot of time, given how many pages of results there are.
All-hands discussion (miketaylr)
- mike: last week we had a topic to discuss a webcompat all-hands elective, but we didn't end up submitting one. did anyone do so? (no).
- mike: there will probably at least be a platform meeting where we do a lightning talk or such.
- mike: i'd also like to do a fun team activity while in Austin; does anyone hate rivers/kayaking/canoeing/etc? ping me on IRC if you do. i think it might be fun to spend half a day on something like that, but only want to plan it if we're all happy with the idea.
Two Minutes ( 🐝 )
This is the summary of what you have done during the week. Feel free to add your own 2 minutes. Keep it short. Feel free to add your name if you think you need to share something.
- Adam: Outreach and partner work. Triage.
- Dennis: Diagnosis, Triage, Working down the screencap backlog
- Eric: Issue triage; Improve issue dependency graph, write crawler to grab issues and dump to DB
- Karl: Worked on bustage for new version of webcompat.com. Triage. A bit of research about flask/fabfile. Shoki is finished (v1.0), needs a documentation.
- Guillaume: _
- Mike: OKR stuff. Triage. Milestones debugging. Meeting with WebOps.
- Oana: Continue testing on TW locale. Investigate and triage issues. PTO on 17-18.10.2017.
- Ola: LSG, OKRs, roadmap for webcompat.com + issues, vandi work
- Sergiu: Continue testing on TW locale. Investigate and triage issues.
- Thomas: (was on PTO)