From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Scribed by Thomas

Q4 OKRs (miketaylr)

Nearly done: we need to pick owners and decide if we want another OKR. Then set up a date to review progress.

  • https: //
  • https: //
  • mike: dennis sent a good email to make an objective to improve bug quality.
  • dennis: more difficult to submit bad reports (required fields, a/b testing, etc).
  • mike: there are also a few bugzilla bugs about recording whether Firefox users have adblockers/tracking protection, what their build ID is, whether they're using an unstable release, do they have a touchscreen, etc which could help out here.
  • mike: as an objective the idea sounds strong, but the concern is whether we have people with the time to do it who are committed to it.
  • ola: it is a good time to at least make a plan to do it q4, even if we defer bigger changes to q1.
  • dennis: it sounds like the kind of work involved will make it tough to put this into a specific quarter (too experimental).
  • mike: let's keep it as an objective, and maybe see if we can make a plan for q4 (we won't write a formal OKR, but will discuss it in Austin).
  • [TODO] Mike to remove improving the bug quality as a Q4 OKR. before 2017-11-01
  • [TODO] Mike to come up with a plan for Q1. before 2017-11-30
  • mike: let's be prepared to report on status/what we own in two weeks, even if there is no progress on specific OKRs yet.
  • mike: if your name isn't on the list much, please try to figure out if you can help at least co-own anything else.
  • eric: how about improving triaging of where bugs go (bugzilla vs was hoping to discuss that during this thursday's meeting.
  • mike: bear in mind that we can treat things as sub-OKRs; they don't have to be top-level ones.
  • ola: for that issue specifically, i'd love to discuss it ASAP. happy to help set up a document, test page etc.
  • mike: we can talk about anything anytime, even if it doesn't seem to be an OKR, since it's still important work.

Detect similar description (etsai)

  • https: // is for detecting similar domain when create a new issue. Detect similar description like bugzilla (query summary) also reduce the change for duplicate issue. Sounds like a good idea?

Milestones TODO (miketaylr)

Progress report on Milestones. Final PR for review

  • mike: karl has made heroic progress on milestones; is there any reason to stall deployment?
  • karl: give me a day to test it and assess, but I think the big issue is making sure labels pre-exist in case that causes deployment to bomb (we can remove those labels later).
  • adam: could we just write a script to do that?
  • mike: yeah, we could also do it manually.
  • karl: it will take a lot of time, given how many pages of results there are.
  • [TODO] karl to assess the work to be done for deploying Milestones on web-bugs repo, including creating the milestones. before 2017-10-18

All-hands discussion (miketaylr)

  • mike: last week we had a topic to discuss a webcompat all-hands elective, but we didn't end up submitting one. did anyone do so? (no).
  • mike: there will probably at least be a platform meeting where we do a lightning talk or such.
  • mike: i'd also like to do a fun team activity while in Austin; does anyone hate rivers/kayaking/canoeing/etc? ping me on IRC if you do. i think it might be fun to spend half a day on something like that, but only want to plan it if we're all happy with the idea.

Two Minutes ( 🐝 )

This is the summary of what you have done during the week. Feel free to add your own 2 minutes. Keep it short. Feel free to add your name if you think you need to share something.

  • Adam: Outreach and partner work. Triage.
  • Dennis: Diagnosis, Triage, Working down the screencap backlog
  • Eric: Issue triage; Improve issue dependency graph, write crawler to grab issues and dump to DB
  • Karl: Worked on bustage for new version of Triage. A bit of research about flask/fabfile. Shoki is finished (v1.0), needs a documentation.
  • Guillaume: _
  • Mike: OKR stuff. Triage. Milestones debugging. Meeting with WebOps.
  • Oana: Continue testing on TW locale. Investigate and triage issues. PTO on 17-18.10.2017.
  • Ola: LSG, OKRs, roadmap for + issues, vandi work
  • Sergiu: Continue testing on TW locale. Investigate and triage issues.
  • Thomas: (was on PTO)