Scribed by Dennis
OKR check-in (miketaylr)
NUMBER THREE (half-way point)
ABout blipz specifically.
- Mike: Running shield study as an opt-out experiment. Looking at the top 25 URLs based on reports to webcompat.com and get "normal people" to get us feedback. We get a lot of feedback from our Nightly population, but we want to collect data from our release population as well to get different views. We'll prompt users whether or not they are happy with a site they are currently on, and if not, add a screenshot and a short description, similar to WebCompat bug reports.
- Mike: There are some variations, with varying degrees on context we get to check the quality of reprots. We have a variant that never actively prompts, but only introduces people and tell them how they can trigger it themselves.
- Sergiu: We don't give people any bug numbers, can they track the issue?
- Mike: That's totally unplanned. Right now, we send all reports to a private repository to build an initial prototype. This is not yet meant to be a productive data source for webcompat.com to see if we can get more valid or better bug reports, and at this point, we can think about giving people the ability to track their issues and have further improvements down the road.
Welcome to Kate (miketaylr)
If Kate is able to join this time, welcome! If not, we'll welcome her "in person" next time.
"Pre-Triage with the crowd" Experiment (Oana+Sergiu)
Plan a session with the community Konstantina is working with.
- Suggestions: Get a list of contributors (having GitHub accounts) from Konstantina that want to participate for a week on this experiment 1) A new bug reporting cycle and at the same time do the "Pre-triage" Experiment on them 2) Have a "Pre-Triage" dashboard that contains only issues that are missing some elements (e.g. Description/Steps to Reproduce/Screenshot/Tested on a different browser)
Webcompat.com meeting on Thursday (non-verbal)
Please note there will be a webcompat.com focused meeting on Thursday (European friendly time). If you have any topics to discuss, please add them to https://mensuel.framapad.org/p/webcompat.com
Topics bank for SF All-Hands Team topics (non-verbal)
There is a wiki page with topics for our All Hands. Please add your topic ideas here: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Compatibility/Meetings/2018-06-work-week
Two Minutes ( 🐝 )
This is the summary of what you have done during the week. Feel free to add your own 2 minutes. Keep it short. Feel free to add your name if you think you need to share something.
- Dennis: A little bit of diagnosis, landed GoFaster v2, performance profiling (finding GoFaster regressions), fixing intermittents and talking to possible reviewers, enjoying public holiday
- Guillaume: needsdiagnosis dashboard, added CI, improved documentation, improved design
- Karl: needsdiagnosis. Python code Review for miketaylr's blipz, struggling with needsdiagnosis dashboard backend, heroku.
- Kate: getting up to speed
- Mike: Blipz hacking. Making terrible waffles. Learning about s3.
- Ola: perf-html work, TC39 + CSSWG, jsconfeu talk prep
- Oana: Investigate, Triage and re-test Needsdiagnosis issues. Triage "Tech Evangelism" issues. Started "Pre-Triage Experiment" round IV.
- Sergiu: Investigate, Triage and re-test Needsdiagnosis issues. Triage "Tech Evangelism" issues.
- Thomas: Blipz Blipz Blipz Blipz Blipz Blipz Blipz Blipz (also some work on the diagnosis addon and its documentation)
PTO / Travel ( 🐝 )
- Dennis: 2018-05-21 (Public Holiday in Germany)
- Karl: 2018-07-11 to 2018-07-25 (all PTO?)
- Thomas: 2018-08-15 to 2018-09-07 (PTO)
- Karl: 2018-10-04 to 2018-10-06 (Paris-Web Conference)