Scribed by Thomis or Dennas
OKR Check-in (miketaylr)
Auto-add Private Tab label (SV team)
We have some issues that are explicitly logged on a Private Tab session (see https://github.com/webcompat/web-bugs/issues/26792). Could we auto-add a "private-tab" label, so we don't miss some valid issues, that are not explicitly mentioned as being reproducible on Private Tab, while we test them on Nightly?
- mike: Yes, please.
- Sergiu: opened https://github.com/webcompat/webcompat.com/issues/2818
- Sergiu: Would really help us reproducing new issues, and I wonder how many issues we missed because we didn't know.
- Mike: This is something we probably could get done next quarter. We probably also need a Bugzilla bug, because this sounds like something that needs to be implemented in the client.
DevTools papercuts (miketaylr)
Bugs have been getting fixed, are things improving? Can we demonstrate improvement? (e.g., count the number of times we need to open Chrome DevTools to do something that Firefox DevTools can't)
- karl: report bugs when you can't do things. It helps a lot the devtools team.
- karl: things get fixed, things get improved, and sometimes, new bugs get added. Some things are still not there (reliable breakpoints, jumping in prettified sources, ...). It's a bit broken "here and there", which makes it sometimes hard to use. Searching is an issue, searching prettified source is super slow.
- tom: agree. I'd like to see a regular update on what things they've fixed, so we get a feeling about the changes, and also become aware of new things that could obsolete our tools. Overall, they are doing a great job and added nice things, they're on the right track.
- mike: Check out https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1493094#c1 and make sure your pet bug is on there.
- karl: to add a positive point: `about:debugging` is a lot better than WebIDE. They do fix things.
- Dennis: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1070862 is a metabug for debugging in prettyprinted source
- Thomas: to summarize, these are the key improvements I think we could use most: - Script column breakpoints - Make debugger pretty-printing experience solid (HTML pretty-print, persist PP across -refresh, paper-cuts) - DOM breakpoints (on node mutations, events, etc) - Local HTML/JS/CSS overrides that persist across refresh - Ability to see and disable event listeners (per node with ancestors' listeners, all listeners on document by type, etc) - Improved global file search and debugger performance in general
Two Minutes ( 👹 )
This is the summary of what you have done during the week. * Feel free to add your own 2 minutes. * Keep it short. * Feel free to add your name if you think you need to share something.
- Abdul: Mobile Traiging and resigned from my Job
- Cipri: Triaged issues. Tier 1 Report Card Testing.
- Dennis: PTO, going outside for some photo stuff. Making sure GoFaster rollout worked and that the code lands in tree.
- Karl: As rest in the forest
- Kate: Tested new database route for metrics, wrestled with heroku, getting ready to move data, wondering why anyone would open a restaurant in the off-season, job hunting.
- Mariana: (Outreachy internship ended)
- Mike: TLS removal stuff, coordinating with other browsers. Platform Gap work. #tls-removal-party
- Oana: Triaged issues. Tier 1 Report Card Testing.
- Sergiu: Triaged issues. Tier 1 Report Card Testing.
- Thomas: Diagnosis. Also some diagnosis. Plus a little diagnosis on the side. Also snuck in a patch for bug 1508377.
PTO / Travel ( 👹 )
- Dennis: 2019-04-25 to 2019-04-29 Visiting MozBerlin for a non-Mozilla hackathon.
- Sergiu: 2019-03-15 PTO
- Mike: 2019-03-18 to 2019-03-22