Scribed by Dennis
OKR Check-in (miketaylr)
It's everyone's favorite time of the year: https://github.com/mozilla/webcompat-team-okrs/projects/5
Q3 OKRs preview (miketaylr)
- Mike: Things move fast. Adam presented tentative plans on what we want to work on in Q3. Will share those via eMail.
- Adam: We got asked to present OKRs early in a meeting last week, so that leadership can comment on the plans for the next few months. If you have feedback or concerns, there is lots of room to take those into consideration.
- Mike: Python 3 for webcompat.com will be one of the things for Q3, for example.
WebCompat.com Hosting (miketaylr)
- Mike: Had a meeting with the Engineering Manager from the CloudOps team, and we talked about moving the hosting from our own solution to Mozilla infrastructure. We've met and discussed the current architecture, and he was pretty positive, and the only problem seems to be time. We'll try to meet again on the all hands, but that's likely something for Q4.19/Q1.20.
Non-verbal FYI: Fenix Bug Sprint (:miketaylr)
There's a Fenix bug sprint happening until June 2. The form (https://bughunterissues.mozilla.community/) points to us for webcompat bugs -- so we might see an uptick in Fenix reports. Hopefully valid ones!
FYI: Common Fenix bugs (:denschub)
Related to the sprint above, I've seen lots of *valid* issues, but most of them were duplicates of already known Fenix issues. It's probably useful to have a look at those, so it's easier to recognize duplicate reports and handle them as such Things to highlight here:
- Fenix does not support `intent` URLs, breaking most "Open in App" links
- some absolutely positioned elements break with the URL bar in the bottom
- This includes some visual stuff, but sometimes it also causes buttons to be not clickable even though they are visible
- Tracking protection is enabled per default and that might not be obvious, so TP-related breakage is common. * Full screen mode can break in weird and surprising ways, including locking the phone rotation to portrait mode, navigation bars overlaying full screened content, ...
Two Minutes ( 👹 )
This is the summary of what you have done during the week. * Feel free to add your own 2 minutes. * Keep it short. * Feel free to add your name if you think you need to share something.
- Cipri: Bing testing & Triage
- Dennis: Diagnosis, filing bugs, working on my needsinfo on both Bugzilla and Github. Checking out interventions in Fenix.
- Karl: diagnosis. Fighting with broken keys on the laptop. Writing/updating docs for documenting our project. webcompat-metrics-server: Upgrading python version, reorganizing the code for getting the data from the db. Wrestling with DB testing local/server for heroku. Moving the triage dashboard code from wecompat.com to webcompat-metrics-server. untangling the AB testing proposal.
- Kate: some code review and getting back into dashboard specs. Otherwise battling Italian officialdom on multiple fronts. Miss y'all! <3<3<3
- Ksenia: diagnosis, webcompat.com bugform validation improvements
- Mike: Some PTO, some family stuff. DX "work week" this week.
- Oana: Bing Testing (finished), ETP testing (in progress) and Triage issues (indefinitely).
- Sergiu: Bing testing & Triage.
- Thomas: Diagnosis and needsinfo catch-up, Top Site Compatibility Index stuff
PTO / Travel ( 👹 )
Coming holidays across the world https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/
- 2019-05-30: Dennis: Public Holiday in Germany, but will be working on Friday.