Scribed by Ksenia
Sneak Peek: "Real-time" data analysis for web-bugs (dennis)
- dennis: I'm working on webcompat data pipeline and visualisation. We had some infrastructure for gathering issues that's left from open innovation team, but since nobody is supporting it anymore, it makes sense to create our own. ** cool demo **
- karl: that's very cool!! can we delete the old ml bot infrastructure?
- dennis: yes, after I migrate some dashboards from the old elastic search instance
- karl: is there any benefit to modify webcompat dashboard and use this data instead of the custom one we have
- dennis: this might be possible for some dashboards, but not for all. the dashboards on how many triage issues or new issues every week is possible, but some is not, so it makes sense to keep it how it is.
- jgraham: how does it connected to github api?
- dennis: it's listening to github webhooks and once it's received, a json file is updated with the new data
- jgraham: if the service goes down, will we miss the events?
- dennis: in theory that's possible, but it's not too big of a concern since we can download issues manually. we decided to run it on my virtual machine for now, to speed up the process. I'll add documentation on how to run and deploy the project.
Compat 2022 Update (jgraham)
- jgraham: I created a document with suggestions/ discussions that we have so far. The plan is to meet with google + others later this week to discuss the priorities. It would be useful if you could look through that document and share you thoughts.
- karl: there are a couple of big areas in the document
- jgraham: something that came up in conversations and in slack. some things are probably missing
Two Minutes ( 👹 )
The useful, the silly, the things you did since the last meeting. Pro and Perso accepted.
- Dennis: Some data work, eating the GitHub API for breakfast; UA Override for Slack and other interventions; some off-webcompat.com diagnsosis.
- James: Compat 2022. geckodriver hosts support. wpt cross-context messaging. Ill for a couple of days.
- Karl: Diagnosis. https://www.otsukare.info/2021/10/26/webcompat-automation Figuring out management things. Firefox iOS negotiations.
- Oana: Triage, moderation, Enterprise testing, Slack experimental testing. Biking, hiking with my dog https://photos.app.goo.gl/ssE9cKHkiPTkdQiU6 and gardening. Awesome weather with lots of colors https://photos.app.goo.gl/c4tdz8mCWktxd2XT7 , https://photos.app.goo.gl/PgvhFGWBHdfBq2if6 .
- Raul: Triage, moderation, Enterprise testing, Slack experimental testing. Did my first mozregression using great tips and tricks from Oana
- Thomas: The usual; diagnosis, ETP tasks (shims, dFPI breakage mitigation), and also starting to look into automated tests for the compat addon again. Weather has been lousy here, so I've been keeping my dog company mostly. Also house-related renovation style stuff.
PTO / Travel ( 👹 )
(no more travel until the end of 2021… probably) Coming holidays across the world https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/
- Dennis: Not working Fridays for the rest of the year.
- Oana: 28-29th October