- Scribe: Ksenia
- Chair: James
Interop 2024 [jgraham]
Call for proposals starting 14th September. If we have compat bugs we think should be interop focus areas, we should start to collect them.
- James: We could make the focus to be webcompat again if there're things related to webcompat, we should propose them. Are there specific things tha we know about, like a large number of small issues, especially in other browsers.
- Tom: Editing and css zoom are probably going to be considered again
- James: for zoom, the spec is still ongoing and it might be too early
- Tom: could the focus be investigation?
- James: If it's research, then it makes sense. But if it's only a spec work then probably not
- Dennis: zoom is a weird edge case because we're going to standardize it under a different name
- Tom: There are some issues related to Intersection observers, DOM mutation events
- James: Mutation events would be an investigation, rather than a focus area. I think we should have a clear plan of what of what we expect to get out of this investigation. We should talk to Simon and see what he thinks
- Honza: I put this on the agenda for a meeting Maire. She wants to collect a list of tests that are not going to get fixed for various reasons, or with unclear spec.
- Tom: maybe also script and iframe loading, microtask heuristics (to try to figure out race conditions which trigger less on Chrome because sites target their implementation and test less on others)
- James: I think if we want webcompat focus area, we need to have a list of issues and known bugs
KB Lightning Talk [Dennis, but async]
Make sure to read the message in the KB channel when you feel awake!