Mobile Web Compatibility - 2013-1-17 Minutes
Attendees: lmandel, aarontmt, vishy, jjensen, gerv
- (cheilmann) to reach out to SASS and LESS about prefixless animation and transition
- Christian to reach out to them by Firefox 16
- Jean-Yves: I've asked him today, not yet done. I will push again on this one
- (lmandel) follow-up with WURFL
-  (lmandel) I have spoken with the WURFL dev. I am collecting data to send as as suggested WURFL update.
- [HOLD] (jsmith) Follow up on everything.me thread with Paxton and Chris
- (jsmith) I'm going to wait until we get an initial analysis. See below for more information.
- [HOLD] (ali) contact a ReMo partner (Pierros?) to join the meeting and be the contact for outreach via Reps.
-  (ali) Will have an update early in the new year.
- [HOLD] (tchung) investigate the quality of E.me apps on b2g
- (jsmith) It might be worth getting the list of URLs for the E.me apps, put them through the screenshot script, then continue the discussion with Chris on E.me risks we've noticed.
-  (lmandel) E.me list of URLs for each app
-  (lmandel) I e-mailed E.me requesting the list. Waiting on response.
-  (jsmith) Followup with jcarpenter about UX team bug filing for preloaded apps focus
- [DONE]  (lmandel) add a bug for Poland UA override
-  (lmandel) Done. bug 823364
Site Testing, Evangelism & Communication Status
- Vimeo mobile videos now work in Firefox for Android. SD videos still display error message. Vimeo does not yet recognize the Firefox OS UA.
- BrightCove has no immediate plans to support Firefox OS. lmandel will follow up with vishy, who has a contact
- Bunch of UA overrides now defined, now we need to move forward evangelizing
- bugs marked with whiteboard tag [uaoverride]
- HuffingtonMobile recently updated, need to cross-check on possible fixes for filed issues of months past
Gecko Specific Issues
- Firefox for Android tablet UA has dropped the "tablet" token
- Modernizr's touch detection: http://modernizr.github.com/Modernizr/touch.html
- Docs need to be updated - Ref: https://developers.google.com/chrome/mobile/docs/user-agent
Other Issues (tools, general, ...)
- Google Maps blocks Windows phone http://thenextweb.com/insider/2013/01/05/calling-shenanigans-on-googles-windows-phone-8-maps-narrative/?awesm=tnw.to_i0aEv
- Planning to hire 2-3 evangelist and technical positions within Mozilla. Still moving forward with our community plans.