Mobile Web Compatibility - 2013-02-25 Minutes
- [lmandel] Followup with WURFL
- [lmandel] Will get this out this week
- [janet] Contact a ReMo partner to join the meeting and be the contact for Rep outreach
- [lmandel, vishy] Work with YouTube to get them to dish out HTML 5 content
- [lmandel] Have information from Fennec and B2G teams, Vishy and I will speak with YouTube (make sure Lisa is in sync here) - Vishy will follow up with kward
- [DONE] [jsmith] Ping Dao about user agent automation in mochitests or network unit tests
- [lmandel] Clint told me he'd look into tests to see if anything exists
- [lmandel] Clint found no existing UA tests. He'll follow up on dev.platform or a bug.
- [lmandel] Speak with Lisa Brewster and Thomas Elin about getting access to app contacts
- [lmandel] Send e-mail to both.
Site Testing, Evangelism & Communication Status
- thestar.com has regressed support for Firefox with their new site design - bug 842184
- aaronmt reports that the site will be fixed
- Ooyala should support Firefox is a couple of weeks, from bug 841108: "I've enabled html5 playback for all Firefox browsers that support h264 in our latest V3 version, so this should work for the Android version and the nightly Windows builds. Non-h264 enabled Firefox browsers will still always play through Flash though, as none of our customers have webm streams."
- I believe two people (need to check who) outreached two sites for their UA overrides off of our UA override list - worth evangelizing UA override list to public mailing list to get more outreach?
- Someone needs to retest Google Images on Tablet - bug 793216
- Deb Richardson is collecting a list of top video sites/frameworks. WIP is at https://wiki.mozilla.org/User:Dria/Video_sites
- Ubuntu's QTWebKit web-browser has similar issues http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~phablet-team/webbrowser-app/trunk/view/head:/src/Ubuntu/Browser/Browser.qml?sort=size#L116
Gecko Specific Issues
- UA overrides added for Everything.me bug 843204
- bug 829596 Remove "Tablet" from UA string of Firefox on Android tablets - Gerv marked as won't fix today
- YouTube situation on FF OS - bug 843334
Other Issues (tools, general, ...)
- Everything.me - blocklisting sites?
- Career page up for web compatibility engineer - http://careers.mozilla.org/en-US/position/oHdaXfwL
New Action Items
- [lmandel] Email publicly (dev-platform?) the bug query for uaoverrides to get outreach support for top sites on b2g
- [AaronMT] Verify bug 793216 no longer reproduces