Mobile Web Compatibility - 2013-04-08 Minutes
- [lmandel] Create patch for UA overrides for Alexa top 100 site data for Hungary, Mexico, Montenegro, and Serbia
- [lmandel] Site lists sent to aaronmt to run through screenshot tool
- [lmandel] send Tony a list of sites that we want Qanalyst to retest against B2G (Hungary, Mexico, Montenegro, and Serbia)
- [lmandel] Sent instructions to Tony (today) on how to review Aaron's screenshot lists.
Site Testing, Evangelism & Communication Status
- lapatilla.com recognizes B2G UA as mobile (bug 828428) - Thanks to Leonard Camacho
- laverdad.com recognizes B2G UA as mobile (bug 828441) - Thanks to Leonard Camacho
- el-nacional.com does not recognize B2G UA as mobile (bug 856662)
- runrun.es does not recognize B2G UA as mobile (bug 856786)
- lmandel pinged TechCrunch (bug 813365) on Twitter today about site redirection issue
Gecko Specific Issues
- bug 840928 Transition to a WebKit engine - check out the latest comment from Mike Habicher (good fun)
Other Issues (tools, general, ...)
- Welcome to Mauro and Spade update
- Phony limitation for testing
- Doesn't modify navigator.userAgent, has it regressed otherwise?
- Regressed in FF17 bug 814379
- Probably means we need to move to a primary "analyze on FF OS" model instead of testing using phony
- Google forks WebKit, creates Blink
- Vishy: Preliminary survey results?
- Going out today
- Hiring update