- 1 Topic: next meeting
- 2 MozCamp follow up (Larissa)
- 3 Pathways to new contributors (Larissa)
- 4 Topic: Broken Voices of the Web
- 5 Topic: Web Compatibility Progress
Topic: next meeting
MozCamp follow up (Larissa)
[this needs a description or if it doesn't require a discussion -> Mailing-List?]
Pathways to new contributors (Larissa)
what is the pathway for new contributors to web compat?
- karl: from the top of my head: articles, twitter, and conferences/workshops.
how people's contributions are tracked?
(this should be on the list)
- karl: People's contributions are currently not tracked. And it doesn't really make sense to really track them if they don't get something out of it such as their own dashboard for knowing about their own work. So maybe a better question, do people need/want to track their work?
- karl: As for tracking the progress on our activities, we monitor the components of Tech Evangelism. So we know when a bug is not being taken care of anymore. We can either help with additional comments on helping finding the right contacts. And sometimes needinfo the person. It has happen that I sent a private message to the person to ask if she/he wanted to continue the work or to just give it up so we can dispatch to a new person. It's essential that someone can feel free to leave. But to leave or abandon the work properly is essential to not have bugs in limbo. For example, the person can remove her/himself from the bug ownership. It's a strong indicator "I do not intend to work on it anymore."
Plans beyond just MozCamp to get more contributors.
Topic: Broken Voices of the Web
Check the Planet Web Compatibility for the community news. Here a few posts lately published.
- 2014-05-12 - Site Compatibility for Firefox 31
- 2014-05-05 - A shim for window.orientation based on window.screen.orientation
Topic: Web Compatibility Progress
FIXED (no DUPLICATE)
- tecmundo.com.br doesn't recognize B2G UA as mobile 2014-05-06 FIXED
- elpais.com mobile site opens blank tab on video start 2014-05-07 FIXED
- m.wired.com showing incorrect fonts. 2014-05-05 FIXED
- (Tablet) - Gmail features fail to load - loss of functionality 2014-05-06 WORKSFORME
- nzherald.co.nz should show the mobile version of the web page for b2g/gaia 2014-05-05 FIXED
- login.yahoo.com is sending desktop content to Firefox OS 2014-05-04 FIXED
- el-nacional.com doesn't recognize B2G UA as mobile 2014-05-05 INVALID
- twitch.tv blinking content in B2G 2014-05-05 WORKSFORME
- Dropbox Shared pages go to front page with ""Request Desktop Site"" 2014-05-07 WORKSFORME
- google.co.hu sends desktop site to Firefox OS 2014-05-10 WORKSFORME
- jaidefinichon.com sends desktop site to Firefox OS 2014-05-05 INVALID
- Bing Maps fails to load with mobile UA (Firefox Android) 2014-05-04 FIXED
- Bing Maps doesn't work on Firefox OS 2014-05-04
- infonews.com sends desktop site to Firefox OS 2014-05-05
- SchoolZone Sends to Desktop Site to Firefox OS 2014-05-07
- When small images are not loaded, the alt text is overlapped. 2014-05-07
- Ford.com buttons don't display properly in Firefox Android due to webkit CSS 2014-05-08
- Ford.com sends desktop site to Firefox OS 2014-05-08
- (B2G)(Flame)(Facebook) Scrolling through the status update feelings results in looped scroll 2014-05-08
- (B2G)(Browser) Articles from wired.com are displayed incorrectly until the page is refreshed 2014-05-09
- (Tarako) Placing the ConnectA2 terms of service agreement in landscape mode will have the ""Yes, I agree"" white text overlay on the white portion w/ green text 2014-05-09
- origo.hu sends desktop site to Firefox OS 2014-05-09
- blog.hu sends desktop site to Firefox OS 2014-05-09
- freemail.hu sends desktop site to Firefox OS and Firefox on Android 2014-05-09
- MobileCapabilities in ASP Framework compatibility with Firefox Android and Firefox OS 2014-05-11