UA override and Android version number (karl)
Some discussions about potential new and/or changing UA overrides msn.com (Bug 826347) sends the Desktop version to B2G. Firefox Android with version number receives the mobile version now. ua-update.json. See also bug 1180543 for other changes.
- karl: I went through all the b2g current UA overrides we have and was checking which ones we could either change to Fennec (41+) UA (instead of Chrome), for example msn.com. This way we'll at least show up in the stats of their sites. There are also a few things to close or change. I'll work on that this week or next.
- mike: It will help us a little bit in terms of stats.
Google properties and Android version number (mike)
Youtube.com is busted. 1179532 and 1174784. mail.gmail.com is busted (but maybe in a slightly OK way?). Do we want to be broken until we fix things on our end, or should we ship overrides and wait on Google?
- mike: In version 41, we have currently a version number. I just wrote a blog post about that. So far that breaks YouTube. They send us sometimes the wrong version of videos 3gg or VP9. We are overriding in Nightly and we need to uplift in Aurora. gmail is also now broken. We got 4 reports in the last week. We need to fix that.
- karl: The issue is we get a better looking version of Gmail, but it's mostly busted. For example, you can't read an email. Either we do a UA override and we go back to the ugly version (which is working). If we can fix the nice one that would be the best.
- abdul: I tested on the basic version (no Android version), it is working well.
- mike: Yes. I asked hallvord to look at the bug, to have a better understanding of what are the issues.
- karl: The issue is if we ask them to fix, they will just fix their detection and send us an old version. If it's just a matter of UA sniffing that is wrong, it's easier for them to fix. If it's more than that, the likelihood goes down.
- karl: On Gecko desktop, using a Chrome UA override I'm having a broken UI because of the webkit CSS. When I click on an email, it works. So try a Nightly build with a Chrome UA override to see how it works.
- mike: I'll do that. When I broke YouTube, maybe it will be good to let it broken and encourage the media team to fix other things.
- karl: I may help with YouTube contact.
- Gecko Improvements due to Web Compat effort (add "Add support for element.style["css-property-name"] non-standard extension" if not already, plus recent work in Japan) mike to update
- [DONE] : mike to put the list of priority bugs on wiki, link + file some bugz
- [DONE] : karl to do the review of Mike's screenshot top 200.
- [DONE] : karl to have a bigger picture of the max-width stuff (maybe a graph? have to figure out)
- : mike to send an [email] with the goals we have written on paper at Whistler.
Broken Voices of the Web
- 2015-07-06 - Intent to Implement: Token Binding
- 2015-07-06 - Site Compatibility for Firefox 41
- 2015-07-06 - Site Compatibility for Firefox 39
- 2015-07-06 - Upcoming changes to the Firefox for Android UA string
- 2015-07-06 - Site Compatibility for Firefox 38
- 2015-07-03 - Site Compatibility for Firefox 40
- 2015-07-02 - Intent to Deprecate: Element.offsetParent/offsetTop/offsetTop/offsetWidth/offsetHeight
- 2015-07-02 - Intent to ship: Cache API's addAll()
- 2015-07-02 - Web Components, Stories Of Scars
- 2015-07-01 - Intent to Remove: Prefixed Encrypted Media Extensions (EME)
- 2015-06-30 - Intent to migrate the permissions database to use origins instead of host names
- 2015-06-30 - Intent to ship Notification API on Web Workers
- 2015-06-29 - Watch A Computing Engineer Live Coding
- 2015-06-29 - Re: Intent to Ship: Cache API
- 2015-06-29 - Intent to Deprecate and Remove Node.namespaceURI and Node.localName
Web Compatibility Progress
FIXED (no DUPLICATE)
- 2015-06-29 Desktop secure*.i-doxs.net is RC4 only FIXED
- 2015-07-03 Mobile tyden.cz sends desktop site to Firefox OS FIXED
- 2015-07-06 Desktop Facebook and the Spinning Wheel of Doom! (inline cursor: pointer never removed from documentElement) FIXED
- 2015-07-06 Mobile Requesting a mobile google+ page returns 404 FIXED
- 2015-07-06 Mobile loupak.cz sends desktop site to Firefox OS FIXED
- 2015-07-06 Mobile Google Maps doesn't display +/- zoom buttons, when you're using a Firefox OS user agent (but does show them for Firefox for Android) FIXED
- 2015-07-06 Mobile images.google.com image single view carrousel is stacked on tablet FIXED
- 2015-07-06 Mobile avianca.com doesn't recognize B2G UA as mobile INVALID
- 2015-07-06 Mobile Lectio website does not work in Firefox for Android phone FIXED
- 2015-07-06 Mobile Google Translate Widget box does not work (requires Flash for Firefox browsers) FIXED
- 2015-06-29 Desktop deviantart notifications not shown, too much recursion
- 2015-06-30 Desktop www.vpv.scddesjardins.com is TLS 1.1/1.2 intolerant (fails with ssl_error_bad_mac_read)
- 2015-06-30 Mobile Mobile twitter site does not show animated gifs when logged in
- 2015-07-01 Mobile YouTube is sending Fennec 3gpp video
- 2015-07-06 Desktop imgur links on Facebook don't redirect properly