This is a page to track plans for the Contributor Engagement group. Anyone is welcome to read, edit, comment or join with us in these plans.
- 1 What Is Contributor Engagement?
- 2 Contributor Engagement Platform
- 3 How To Get Involved
- 4 Other Resources
What Is Contributor Engagement?
The Contributor Engagement group is focused on further empowering and supporting Mozillians – individuals that passionately support, champion and contribute to the Mozilla project. This isn’t a new area for Mozilla, by any means — but there is now a team that is 100% dedicated to Mozillians that will:
- Provide new opportunities and “on ramps” for participation in Mozilla.
- Make it easier for us to to find and communicate with each other.
- Work across teams (both expertise and regions) to help bring even more people into the Mozilla community and foster them.
- Create and update shared resources to make contributing to Mozilla even better. Examples: a web-based community directory for Mozillians; the about:mozilla newsletter; ways to measure and reward participation; toolkits and content to help new and existing Mozillians get up to speed quickly.
- And, more!
Please feel free to leave a comment about the group on the Contributor Engagement Feedback.
Who is Contributor Engagement
Mozilla's Contributor Engagement team is currently:
- Mary Colvig (California, US)
- David Boswell (California, US)
- William Quiviger (Paris, FR)
- Pierros Papadeas (Athens, GR)
- Gen Kanai (Tokyo, JP)
- Jason Haas (New York, US)
- Aakash Desai (California, US)
Contributor Engagement Platform
Infrastructure and tools that help people get involved with Mozilla.
How To Get Involved
Community Marketing Call
We host bi-weekly meetings to discuss Mozilla community marketing and explore new ways to spread Firefox and promote the open Web.
- New dial in:
- Access Code: 9638865 (followed by #)
- Global numbers
- Live video: Air Mozilla
- Online discussion: For those that can't dial-in or want to participate online, join us in #marketing on irc.mozilla.org.
- Here's how to host the call.
Contribute Group Meeting
- Meeting time: Every other Thursday at 10 AM PDT
- Dial-in information: 1-800-707-2533, pin: 369, conf: 634
- Back channel: irc.mozilla.org#mozillians
- Agenda: Mozilla.org/Contribute#Meetings
- Server: irc.mozilla.org
- Main channels:
- about:mozilla: blog and sign up and planning page
- about:mobile: Sign up.
- Mozilla & You: End-user newsletter. Sign up. Good to follow as we do highlight community members.
- Mozilla Drumbeat
Community Mailing Lists
- Comunidad Mozilla: Spanish responses highly appreciated, but always happy to hear from other regions.
- European Active Community Members
- Balkans list: Lurkers and supporters welcome.
- Milis Mozilla Bahasa Indonesia: Indonesian community
- community-philippines: Philippine Mozilla community list
- community-india: India Community List
- Brazilian Mozilla Community: General Brazilian community discussion list - Brazilian portuguese as default language
Swag + Events
- Swag request form: Share this to have people request swag.
- Event request form - for support, swag, etc.
- Tools + presentation templates: Point folks to this as an easy way to create collateral for events.
- All you need to know about fulfilling requests and ordering on your own.
- Tool kit: Templates, designs and pointers.
- List of community social media accounts + sites: Please keep this updated and join/follow as many as possible. Great for harvesting local happenings.
- Main Mozilla Channels to follow:
- Social@Mozilla: a community initiated Mozilla foundation project supporting the Mozilla Community, Open Web & a more distributed Social Web.
Community Marketing Guide
- CMG: another great resource for anyone interesting in promoting Mozilla and its products (NB: some sections undergoing major updates)