ContributorEngagement draft combined
|Team Lead: Mary Colvig||Mailing List: team-baked-goods at mozilla dot com|
|Contributor Engagement drives the Grow Mozilla initiative and partners with teams to add more casual, active and core contributors to all areas of the Mozilla project. We have a set of programs, channels and tools that can help you successfully bring more volunteers onto your team.|
(grow mozilla logo goes here)
The Grow Mozilla initiative exists to add more casual, active and core contributors to all areas of the Mozilla project. There are programs, channels and tools that are used to bring new casual and active contributors into Mozilla and to help volunteers develop into core contributors who take a leadership position within the project.
(Intro + flow diagram to show how programs fit together)
Mozilla Reps (ReMo)
Mozilla Reps are volunteer Mozillians who are official representatives of Mozilla in their region/locale. Reps take the action plans created by Stewards and spread the word about Mozilla's projects and help match people with contribution opportunities. Find out more on the ReMo wiki page.
Mozilla Stewards are employees and volunteers from all functional and regional areas who work together with the Contributor Engagement team to create action plans for recruiting new contributors to their project. Find out more on the Stewards wiki page.
Mozilla Directors are experienced core contributors who are sharing their input and experience at the highest level of the Mozilla project. The leader program provides a patch for active contributors to deepen their experience and increase their impact. Find out more on the Directors wiki page.
Available online channels for getting information out to existing and potential contributors about how to get involved in your project include:
- Get Involved pages: over 500,000 visitors a month
- Want to help? form: over 2,000 inquiries a month
- Mozilla Careers site over ??? visitors a month
- about:mozilla newsletter: over 6,000 subscribers
- Student Reps newsletter: over 2,000 subscribers
- Mozilla Reps Mailing List: over 300 subscribers
- Mozillians YouTube channel: over 70 subscribers (just starting to grow this channel)
Information about events and relevant links...
Tools and Platforms
The community is full of a number of tools, but there has been a lack of key pieces of volunteer management infrastructure that the Contributor Engagement team is putting in place, including:
- Contributor Dashboards
- Contributor Directory dashboard (available through LDAP only now, will be public soon)
|Mary Colvig||mary at mozilla dot com||California, US||Director, Contributor Engagement|
|David Boswell||dboswell at mozilla dot com||California, US||Community Manager (Channels)|
|William Quiviger||wquiviger at mozilla dot com||Paris, France||Community Manager (EMEA)|
|Pierros Papadeas||ppapadeas at mozilla dot com||Athens, Greece||Community Architect|
|Gen Kanai||gen at mozilla dot com||Tokyo, Japan||Community Manager (Asia)|
|Jason Haas||jhaas at mozilla dot com||California, US||Community Manager (Students)|
|Aakash Desai||adesai at mozilla dot com||California, US||Product Manager, Engagement Tools|
|Paul Booker||work plus appcoast at paulbooker dot co dot uk||Birmingham, United Kingdom||Newsletter Coordinator|
|Katherine Naszradi||knaszradi at mozilla dot com||California, US||Community Engagement Coordinator|
Get In Touch
Email, IRC and Forums
- Team Mailing List: team-baked-goods at mozilla dot com
Community Marketing Call
- Meeting time: Every other Wednesday at 10 AM PST/18:00 UTC
- Follow the Marketing forum for information about upcoming meetings
- Mozilla Room 1, use your name and password mview
- Dial: 613-366-1985 (toll free:1-866-964-7085) and enter conference ID: 87134
- Back channel: #marketing
- If you're hosting, make sure to read through the instructions on how to host
Contribute Group Meeting
- Meeting time: Every other Thursday at 10 AM PDT
- Dial-in information: 1-800-707-2533, pin: 369, conf: 634
- Back channel: irc.mozilla.org#mozillians
- Follow the Mozillians forum for information about upcoming meetings
Local Community Links
The following links are to other community building efforts going on in the Mozilla community. It's not a complete list so feel free to update if you see anything missing.
- List of community social media accounts + sites: Please keep this updated and join/follow as many as possible. Great for harvesting local happenings.
- Regional community maps
- Comunidad Mozilla: Spanish responses highly appreciated, but always happy to hear from other regions.
- European Active Community Members
- Balkans list: Lurkers and supporters welcome.
- Milis Mozilla Bahasa Indonesia: Indonesian community
- Community-Philippines: Philippine Mozilla community list
- Community-India: India Community List
- Brazilian Mozilla Community: General Brazilian community discussion list - Brazilian portuguese as default language
- Mozilla - Arabic community list: Mozilla -Arabic Community List