- 11 am Pacific Time
- Vidyo room: DeveloperServices
- Backchannel in #vcs
- On Call Handoff!!!
What did you accomplish in Whistler? What is notable?
- Spent time with releng folks learning how they interact
- Stood up ELK prototype to mine data, maybe find useful info
- Delved into git issue (https://etherpad.mozilla.org/99-git-problems)
- Made plan for removing puppet control for reviewboard
- BMO: met w/ IT re: AWS for project timing, requirements
- regression issues on staging
- rust build failures
- build system updates to poll SCMs directly, other jenkins tweaks
- gitmo issues (6/19)
- MozReview roadmap (https://etherpad.mozilla.org/MozReview-RoadMap)
- Discussions about release process, release and pre-release data from FHR/Telemetry, developer builds, build system, representation of platform ops
Planned for this week
- Look into git problems
- Backfill more hg logs into ELK
- mtg w/ webops re: hg logs in ELK POC
- BMO: perf stats for AWS sizing
- DXR: wrap up build system changes, cut over staging to SCL3
- Finish up mozbuild integration with hg.mozilla.org
- MozReview: publish during push
- Follow-up from Whistler, ship 39
- [lmandel] Whistler recap
- What worked?
- Breakout rooms (non allocated time), office hours
- DXR demo + discussion was really good
- Tuesday all-hands was good
- What didn't?
- Lots of discussions in our breakout room, people who weren't part of our org and talking about non work (on phone)
- Agenda helps drive meetings to a useful place
- Too many people in a discussion typically results in nothing getting done
- Thursday all-hands wasn't very valuable
- Tricky to meet with groups in different hotels
- What should we do differently next time?
- More opportunities to engage with more orgs - notably Firefox team, talked tools in Firefox all-hands, cross breeding can't happen if sessions are scheduled concurrently
- Get things done by scheduling things early in the week
- What worked?
- [lmandel] Adding bug links for stand-up items
- Dev work is largely tracked in bugs already. fubar, bkero and I discussed tracking more ops work in bugs as well. Can we start to link to bugs in our stand-up reports so that it's easier to follow-up on work?
- [lmandel] Q3 planning
- It's that time. We'll discuss on Thu and should have our deliverables set by end of next week.
- [gps] AWS server for development and CI
- Wed is Canada Day (Lawrence, Steven)
- Fri is Independence Day (Ben, Greg, Hal, Kendall)