Apr 26, 2010 Meeting Agenda
* Weekly dial-in meeting, Monday, 8 a.m. PST * Canada +1 416 848 3114 Ext. 92 Conference number 7601 * US or Intl. +1 650 903 0800 Ext. 92 Conference number 7601 * US Toll-Free +1 800 707 2533 Conference number 7601 * Mozilla Drumbeat -> #drumbeat | IRC channel
When you call in, you'll be muted by default, to keep phone noise down. Use "*1" (including the star) to unmute yourself if you want to say something.
- Call for agenda items
- Get Involved!
- Kudos and thanks :)
- Events update (Mark & Gunner)
- Universal Subtitles
- Report-back on snippet promotion & offers to help (Matt)
- Launch plan
- Review launch plan wiki page
- Web roadmap
- Other items?
- feedback on Toronto event: plug people into projects in real time
- what can people do in 15 or 20 min to help with Drumbeat project
- more emphasis on blueprints for local Drumbeat projects (based on what's happening elsewhere)
- make people feel like they're part of the process
- Next steps beyond Berlin: Boston & New York. Montreal. Vancouver.
- June: Brazil
- rumblings from Paris, Thailand. Full sched.
- Working on Drumbeat Festival. Amsterdam in November
- re: Berlin: Try to help bring unusual suspects to event. Need help with outreach to these groups. Especially gender balance.
- Follow-up on Toronto event: promised to send email list in PDF format. Problem: includes people who weren't there.
- Matt to follow up with Nathan: link to agenda, notes, etc.
- Bring Nicholas & Dean to next week's call
- Use this spike in interest to help self-test the project process, etc.
Dharmishta's "Chad" moment
"I finally get what Drumbeat is." Connecting a programmer to someone who needs help.
His ephiany: help people build value by connecting strong & talented people. Find better ways to meet each other when they have things to offer each other. Build infrastructure that facilitates those connections online.
- Henrik working on document outling project workflow process
Sub-item in launch plan:
- item for next week:
- more detail on channels / outreach -- who's reaching out to who?
Mozilla Drumbeat -- useful to see who's on the other end of these social media channels