Our overall 2010 goal for Drumbeat is simple: Introduce Drumbeat to the world. Build compelling projects and vibrant community. We'll move towards this goal by:
- Objective #1: Finding and setting up projects that excite us. Mostly from people we don't know yet. (emerging projects)
- Start with a set of inspiring "bootstrap" projects that show what we mean & deliver early impact.
- Use those sample projects to help get great new projects into longer term project pipeline.
- Objective #2: Establishing Drumbeat events as places where the future of the internet is being invented
- Launch the 2010 Mozilla Drumbeat Festival to celebrate successes, sprint on projects & invent the internet's future.
- Use local events to identify local leaders and projects to feed into the Drumbeat project pipeline.
- Objective #3: Building and evolving a flexible online platform to support Drumbeat projects and events. (mockups)
- Provide an online home and workspace for Drumbeat projects to recruit helpers and drive participation.
- Drive compelling stories about Drumbeat projects across a broad range of social media and partner sites
This is a high level overview of objectives for Drumbeat in 2010. See also the 2010 roadmap on how this is happening.