Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursday - 2:00pm PDT, 21:00 UTC
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 95312 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 95312 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Warp Core
- Vidyo Guest URL
Alex - make sure everybody who needs to be around to discuss Flash beta is at our next channel meeting
- We are here on the schedule - the bugs tracked for FF13 is a fairly manageable burndown list at this point
- Engineers and engineering managers have been notified of outstanding tracked bugs
- Pushed out a new desupport hotfix (20120430.01) to fix over-prompting on Tuesday
- 13.0b1 was unthrottled yesterday
- 3.6 EOL MU have been pushed live and signed off yesterday
- 13.0b2 went out today
- We're shooting for a FN14 beta build #2 on 5/8, Google Play store testing is ongoing
- Tuesday 5/8 is the earliest that we'll go out with automatic updates for FF3.6 to FF12 (bugs incoming)
- bug 750387 – consider blocklisting Adobe Reader (10.1.3)
- Q: How can we start looking at top crash lists for Windows 8 and OS X 10.8 in conjunction with pre-release SW testing?
- bug 729507 Crash in JSObject::finish - unable to reproduce crash with Yandex, any other leads we can pursue?
Nightly Betas Proposal
- Daily checkpoint for automation (as we do now with Nightly & Aurora)
- Staggered weekly checkpoint for smoketests, feature sign-offs, and exploratory testing
- Weekly checkpoint for bug fix verification progress, tracking to 0-bugs before release
- Should also do more to encourage a wider dog-fooding audience
- Q) How do we do a dry-run with weekly Betas?
Pre-release Software Proposal
- Current Coverage:
- Marcia dog-foods OSX 10.8 "once in a while", I'm not sure we have anyone doing the same for Win8
- Marcia dog-foods the official Flash Betas when they appear on labs.adobe.com
- Flash is tested every week in our Firefox Beta sign-offs (mostly regression tests against the current Flash release)
- Proposal: treat pre-release OS and Flash as "features"
- If OSX 10.8 is due out around the same time as Firefox 14 (June), add it to the "feature sign-offs" for Firefox 14 (marcia)
- If Win 8 is due out around the same time as Firefox 16 (October), add it to the "feature sign-offs" for Firefox 16 (juanb)
- Adobe puts out weekly sandboxed Betas; once a week we put this through a suite of regression and "feature" tests against the lastest Firefox Beta (ashughes)
- Metrics update: I think ADUs are back ; to normal.
- only 1.7% off all ADUs from last week 3.1% off of two weeks ago.
- Pre-release Flash (and OS) testing
- Mobile Test Drivers (MTD)
- Email sent to all@ and everyone@ netted 45 more testers (41 employee, 4 volunteer)
- Keep encouraging people to test Fennec Native Android - see Testing tasks
- Rapid Betas update
- L10n scoping for rapid betas, no blockers there
- How is crashkill/socorro doing?
- Complete report on the implementation to go out next week, we'll review bugs on Tuesday (5/8) in the channel meeting
- Anthony to discuss transitioning into Rapid Betas with QA
- Alex to create feature pages for Mountain Lion and Windows 8 testing, and follow up about top crash lists for each
- Alex to try to get our hands on pre-release versions of Adobe reader for testing