Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursday - 2:00pm PDT, 21:00 UTC
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 14.0.2 respin for Firefox Android only is underway due to high level of crashes on JB bug 769893
- 15.0b3 is built and with QA for testing (on schedule to sign-off and ship Friday morning)
- 14.0.1 Post-mortem notes from Tuesday
- 10.5 EOL schedule: warning will be given sometime between the next two merges (8/28, 10/9) and then a "no longer supported" notification on Firefox 17's release (11/20)
- bug 777266 - Official "Search by Image (by Google)" v1.0.6 add-on causes high CPU utilization.
- Google is being responsive, but the updates aren't solving the root of the problem. We're pushing them.
- marcia still looking into Win 8 specific crash information.
- chofmann now running a windows report which breaks down crashes by Windows version
- We don't currently have symbols for Windows 8 - tedm has action to see if they are on the Microsoft served and can be downloaded.
- Crash ratio below 3% according to Crashes per ADU
- Flash crashes and hangs dominate the Top 10 signatures
- Crash ratio 2.8% according to Crashes per ADU with 1.5 million users
- Top browser crash bug 774052 has STR and a regression window
- Status of Win8 top crash list, and getting bugs filed on new or newly explosive issues?
- bug 763166 has a patch for central, backing out of bug 760152 seemed to have fixed it for aurora... need to figure out what to do for beta.
- tracking bug 778438 - java.lang.NullPointerException: at org.mozilla.gecko.AwesomeBar.onCreate(AwesomeBar.java) on Honeycomb
- fixed in nightly, waiting for bake
- bug 775090 – Firefox startup crash in PR_EnumerateAddrInfo | PR_GetHostByAddr
- possible to try and reproduce on windows machines in the lab?
- bug 719114 – Firefox Crash @ js::GCMarker::processMarkStackTop
- printing bug
- needs follow-up testing from Softvision
- bug 753251 - crash in nsGfxScrollFrameInner::ScrollToImpl
- assigned to Marcia for testing, status update?
- bug 750019 - crash in nsIDOMHTMLDocument_Write
- unreproducible, need more leads
- Wilson working on the EOL OS X 10.5
- Business as usual - had the Beta 16 outline meeting this morning: main messaging will be around Developer Tools and Standards advances (unprefixing CSS3 variables, HTML5 API support, etc)
Stability Issues have spiked this week on 14.0.1. Mentions of crashing, hanging, and not responding are up this week. 
- Might be Flash related
- Still investigating
Startup crash investigation is still ongoing. We have several volunteers and are already collecting troubleshooting information.
- Let's update and review current health/status of daily beta builds