Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursday - 2:00pm PDT, 21:00 UTC
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 14.0.2 respin for Firefox Android only is underway due to high level of crashes on JB bug 769893
- 15.0b3 is built and with QA for testing (on schedule to sign-off and ship Friday morning)
- 14.0.1 Post-mortem notes from Tuesday
- 10.5 EOL schedule: warning will be given sometime between the next two merges (8/28, 10/9) and then a "no longer supported" notification on Firefox 17's release (11/20)
- bug 777266 - Official "Search by Image (by Google)" v1.0.6 add-on causes high CPU utilization.
- Google is being responsive, but the updates aren't solving the root of the problem. We're pushing them.
- marcia still looking into Win 8 specific crash information.
- chofmann now running a windows report which breaks down crashes by Windows version
- We don't currently have symbols for Windows 8 - tedm has action to see if they are on the Microsoft served and can be downloaded.
- Crash ratio below 3% according to Crashes per ADU
- Flash crashes and hangs dominate the Top 10 signatures
- Crash ratio 2.8% according to Crashes per ADU with 1.5 million users
- Top browser crash bug 774052 has STR and a regression window
- Status of Win8 top crash list, and getting bugs filed on new or newly explosive issues?
- bug 763166 has a patch for central, backing out of bug 760152 seemed to have fixed it for aurora... need to figure out what to do for beta.
- tracking bug 778438 - java.lang.NullPointerException: at org.mozilla.gecko.AwesomeBar.onCreate(AwesomeBar.java) on Honeycomb
- fixed in nightly, waiting for bake
- bug 775090 – Firefox startup crash in PR_EnumerateAddrInfo | PR_GetHostByAddr
- possible to try and reproduce on windows machines in the lab?
- bug 719114 – Firefox Crash @ js::GCMarker::processMarkStackTop
- printing bug
- needs follow-up testing from Softvision
- bug 753251 - crash in nsGfxScrollFrameInner::ScrollToImpl
- assigned to Marcia for testing, status update?
- bug 750019 - crash in nsIDOMHTMLDocument_Write
- unreproducible, need more leads
- Wilson working on the EOL OS X 10.5
- Business as usual - had the Beta 16 outline meeting this morning: main messaging will be around Developer Tools and Standards advances (unprefixing CSS3 variables, HTML5 API support, etc)
- Might be Flash related
- Still investigating
Startup crash investigation is still ongoing. We have several volunteers and are already collecting troubleshooting information.
- Let's update and review current health/status of daily beta builds