Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursday - 2:00pm PDT, 21:00 UTC
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- Lukas coordinate with Ted and Adobe about getting symbols uploaded without Ted/Bsmedberg (carrying forward)
- Laura - getting the flash beta encouragement set up on WN/FR pages (784446 784454)
- Go to build on Beta 6 is imminent
- We're a bit delayed because of bug 783393 but should still hit targeted RC dates for build (Friday 8/24)
- This Friday 8/24 we merge mozilla-beta to mozilla-release
- Monday 8/27 we merge the rest
- Release is next Tues 8/28
- We will push at 6:45am PT like last time
- To be live at 8am PT for "official" release (PR)
- bug 782672 - Block-list old Versions of silverlight on Mac.
- Staged, waiting on QA.
- bug 783369 - crash in couictlr (Correlation to Norton Confidential).
- Looking for Norton contacts.
- bug 721264 - Block BabyFox.dll from Babylon
- Should be blocked on Firefox 16 and above.
- -> johnath
- Beta 5 has a little over 1 million ADUs with a crash rate of 3.05%
- juanb will be on PTO Aug 23 through Sep 2 -- ashughes is point for Firefox 16 until he returns
- bug 753251 Crash in nsGfxScrollFrameInner::ScrollToImpl mainly with Silverlight 4
- WONTFIX for Firefox 15?
- Block Silverlight 4?
- SUMO/RelNote strategy?
- linux desktop toolchain change soon after FF17 migration
- explicitly not before migration day
- for background, and more info, see "wait times" posts in dev.tree-management.
- bug 772446 Migrate desktop linux32, linux64 firefox builds to mock slaves
- 32bit OSX testing after we drop osx10.5 in FF17.
- On track for public launches next week
- Links to Flash Beta should be added to websites end of this week, early next week
Waiting to update documentation based on 11.4 feedback. Waiting till the end of the week for better crash stats and forum feedback.
Firefox 15.0 (input is busted and you have to manually pull 15.0 feedback).
- Reports are that it's slower than Firefox 14.0.1 (mentions of slow/speed/slowly etc) are up about 100% compared to 14.0.1 in the same time period.
- A lot of people mention Facebook games (in particular zynga poker).
- Also a lot of mentions of "loading pages".
- A bunch of concerns around PDFs (not recognizing some documents as PDFs, not able to download things anymore, etc) -- but PDF.js isn't shipping afaict.
- As of today, Bsmedberg has the powers to do blocklist dll patches (Johnath no longer the critical path).
- Let's update and review current health/status of daily beta builds