Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays at 10am PDT, and Thursday at 2:00pm PDT
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- San Francisco Office: SFO-7I Independent (Tues), Noise Pop (Thurs)
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Previous Actions
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Add-ons
- 4 Stability
- 5 QA
- 6 RelEng
- 7 Marketing/Communications
- 8 Support
- 9 Thunderbird (Tue)
- 10 Metrics (Thu)
- 11 Roundtable
- 12 Actions
- 13 Triage
- juanb to continue to try to reproduce new d2d/d3d issues or...
- we'll regroup with bsmedberg/milan on reproducing MS issues, include juanb
- Scheduled meeting for Friday @ 9am PT
- 21.0b2 for Desktop has gone to build and is with QA . Targeting QA signed off and ship before EOD pacific
- QA is on track - manual testing is complete, one fix verification and update testing remains
- 21.0b2 for Mobile will goto build today
- 20.0.1 Desktop only go-to-build today
- QA sign off on 20.0.1 by tomorrow (Wed, Apr 10 )EOD pacific
- Ship 20.0.1 on Thursday, Apr 11 unless beta feedback alerts us to unforseen complications
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=855011 Match Firefox CTP for ESR 17.0.4-17.0.*. Will be pushed live tomorrow.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=856670 (js::RemapWrapper) - #2 on 22 Aurora, people in the bug have some ideas.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=858648 (js::UnwrapObject) - this crash is #4 and has stopped on Nightly recently, if we find what fixed it, we should get that ported to 22.
- Looks like https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=831768 decreased Flash crashes and hangs by something between 20 and 35% compared to 20 Beta, we'll need more data to make sure and define the wins better, but things look good for the moment.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=837370 (js::types::TypeCompartment::addPendingRecompile) is at #5 in 21.0b1, we should see to get the apparent fix into beta.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=852915 (mozilla::MediaDecoderReader::DecodeToFirstAudioData) is #14, this is in a new feature.
- follow up with Chris double regarding the investigation going on here
- bug 838568 (Brazil banks) is #6 overall in 19.0.2, still not seen at all in 20.
- Crossrider bug 836263 is the #4 crash in 20.0 release now (#9 in beta).
- bug 851934 (outlook.com crash) is #5 (#7 in beta).
- D3D/D2D11-6.2/Win7 crashes bug 819028 and bug 812683 are at #7 and #10.
- EMTPY crash dumps are at 20% of all crashes, work start to progress in bug 837835.
- 20.0 release is under 2 crashes per 100 ADU and around 25% startup crashes, both of which is lower than any release of Firefox for Android we had before.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=845734 (libcutils.so, Sony Xperia S, T, V and Z running JB) is #2 on 20 release, bug 752828 (database is locked) is #3
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=859099 - crash in nsObjectLoadingContent::DoStopPlugin
- No luck reproducing yet -- currently trying to parse comments for more specific leads
- Unable to attend today - Launching Social API multi-provider support today in Beta 2 with MSN Now, Cliqz, and Mixi (Japan only). Will do a modest "it's okay to start testing" blog post today to share Social API momentum. Shane and Anthony have technical answers if you've got questions. - Question: what % of Firefox 20 users are effected by the critical bug found? (feel free to leave rough estimate here in notes)
- It's not a large percentage, could be in the tens of thousands and it's not a 'critical' bug but it's a major usability breakage for users who are impacted. This is partly why the ESR exists, to prevent this sort of bug BUT we've got users doing shared profiles (or portable FF, or using USB sticks) outside of ESR deployments and for any of those users, FF would be completely unusable so we are doing this as a support-driven dot release (read: not chemspill, not security-driven)
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=857291 Still no volume. Stable at this point. Nothing urgent. Snippets results should be ready for Planning meeting.