Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays at 10am PDT, and Thursday at 2:00pm PDT
- Mountain View Offices: Warp Core Conference Room
- San Francisco Office: SFO-7I Independent (Tues), Noise Pop (Thurs)
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Previous Actions
- 2 Schedule Update (akeybl)
- 3 Add-ons
- 4 Stability
- 5 QA
- 6 RelEng (nthomas/catlee)
- 7 Marketing/Communications
- 8 Advocacy (Matt_G)
- 9 Metrics (Thu)
- 10 Roundtable
- 11 Actions
Schedule Update (akeybl)
- FF25.0b1 desktop (and in the end, mobile) was launched last Thursday
- Notes are here: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/25.0beta/releasenotes/ (mobile's got some great stuff)
- Release noted bugs are here: http://mzl.la/14D8X5v
- WebAudio appears to be sticking for 25 (not yet noted) -- heads up
- Aurora 26 was unthrottled on Friday - already seeing press feedback about CTP
- Remember, b2g 1.2 Gecko changes are landing to mozilla-aurora for the next 5 weeks
- FF25.0b2 went to build last night for both mobile and desktop
- [resolved] https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=918645 – crash in java.lang.SecurityException: WifiService: Neither user 10061 nor current process has android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE. at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java)
- above is also the reasoning behind a quick turnaround mobile push (any updates there?)
- Alex takes an AI for following up on earlier permissions ID (either through QA check or on-checkin hook script)
- bajaj is currently looking into options with the Norton crasher on 24.0
- tools that we can use include the support forum and front page, a soft block, and throttling
- are we certain of fault?
- [@ JS_NewStringCopyZ(JSContext*, char const*) ]
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=918496 [@ js::ObjectImpl::getDenseInitializedLength()] - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=917792
- Recently heard back from Norton that they are working on a patch, so lets revisit this on Thursday to make a unthrottling call, Meanwhile I will try to get an eta on their side
- Beta 3 will be going to build Thursday, for release Friday
- Bug 919033 - Staging server not returning the latest hotfix from the update ping
- We don't have symbols for the most recent batch of MS updates, we need IT resolve bug 913864 to get those.
- bug 916836 (MP3Buffer) needs uplift.
- js::NukeCrossCompartmentWrappers (probably needs new bug) needs investigation.
- No specific concerns yet.
- Norton crashes (bug 917792, bug 918496) are only concerning issue, Symantec is working on a patch.
- Still needs someone to watch crash data.
- juanb to take over this.
- Still very few users, and very few reported crashes.
- bug 918645 (wifi) makes 25.0b1 look really bad, but should be fixed in b2.
- https://bugzil.la/919938 - Videos from trailers.apple.com are not playing (Tech Evang)
- https://bugzil.la/920044 - Broken highlight on some elements on Mac OS X (regression)
- Planning to switch nightly users over to new AUS server before EOQ. http://hearsum.ca/blog/upcoming-changes-to-aus/
Snippet results are in: 3.9 Stars Slightly lower than 23, more neutral ratings. The very unhappy users are roughly the same percentage. Norton Identity Safe/Toolbar Crashes - https://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Toolbar-Norton-Identity/Firefox-24-still-crashes-when-the-NIS-toolbar-is-enabled/td-p/1023987 https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/971603 https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/971689
- [akeybl] do we have a bug or docs for the original motivation behind the mozconfig sanity checks?
- comparing the nightly and release mozconfigs is important to make sure that we're doing release builds properly.
- we want to prevent release (beta) builds from not building, while the nightly builds do. we know that most additions are whitelists, but it's worth it. plus we're pulling the timeline back.
- [elan] Mobile will need uplifts to Fx26 due to the plan of record change for the about:home redesign which is being tracked in the meta bug: Bug 917394 -(new-new-about-home) [fig] Re-arrange about:home tabs as per new design
- String changes
http://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/diff/32b336be0bd7/mobile/android/base/locales/en-US/android_strings.dtd <- bug 917394
http://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/diff/c5cb63ccbcbc/mobile/android/base/locales/en-US/android_strings.dtd <- bug 919228
http://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/diff/a7921e0be999/mobile/android/base/locales/en-US/android_strings.dtd <- bug 917396 (entity name churn, we don't need to uplift this, but we'll need to prepare )
- akeybl/blassey (and maybe QA) - earlier permissions checks need to be implemented