Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 1 Previous Actions
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Add-ons
- 4 Stability
- 5 QA
- 6 RelEng
- 7 Marketing/Communications
- 8 User Advocacy
- 9 Thunderbird (Tue)
- 10 Metrics (Thu)
- 11 Roundtable
- 12 Actions
- 13 Triage
- 28.0b2 with QA - how does timeline look for Desktop turnaround?
- FF27 at 10% throttle, still no driver for a dot release or chemspill but a couple of known stability issues we're watching
- No updates.
- bug 965914 - #1 in Aurora 29, was uplifted and seems to help (see beta).
- bug 965921 (AVG toolbar) is #2, patch landed on nightly and will probably need uplift.
- bug 970362 - Showing up in the top 10, also in the explosive reports. Possibly F-secure related. Reached out to one user to find out more.
- Beta 28 looks even worse than 27 in overall rates in the first days, but that seems to be mostly bug 965914 - patch for that is in for 28.0b2.
- Beta explosiveness report shows some regressions between 27 and 28 on Beta, main ones being bug 965914 (see above), bug 952321, and bug 963316. There might be a few more we should take a look at.
- bug 934509 (nsGlobalWindow::RunTimeout) was the #1 topcrash early on and is staying at #3, patch is in -central and approved up to -beta, bug 969923 even has a testcase now. This was introduced in 27 by bug 918345 and apparently we missed catching it until release. :(
- GM dev might be looking into a workaround for 27 since fix is in 28
- bug 856670 and bug 969441 were topcrashes #1/#2 at some points last weeks but haven't happened in the last few days with any significant volume. They probably should be investigated and fixed still, they might flare up again at any point.
- bug 897870 (abort in Pickle::Pickle) is #9 and should also be investigated.
- The volume of none of the above really calls for a point-release though, probably are good for 28, but riding along a point-release coming otherwise would be nice.
Beta 28 hit a crash rate of 1.9 for yesterday first release in a while that has come in below 2.0 That being said most of the top crashes are new crash signatures
- bug 970076 NEW --- crash in libmm-color-convertor.so@0x66e
- bug 970081 NEW --- crash in android.content.res.Resources$NotFoundException: Resource is not a Drawable (color or path):
- bug 952721 NEW --- crash in gfxContext::gfxContext(mozilla::gfx::DrawTarget*)
- [juanb] Still gathering list of bugs related to Australis that will need attention.
- tracy is working through gavin's Sync bug list to make sure any QA needed issues are attended to.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=629350 WebVTT preffed on for 28, flew under the radar until now but will be tested before we release
- Firefox 28 Beta 2 in progress
- Watching bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=970478 (package issues across all channels causing translation issues)
- Post Mortem for beta->release->beta
- we were able to do what we wanted, but painful process
- lots of update file generation
- need improvements to the process to set up a system which doesn't require more MAR files
- might have security implications, can't rush that
- bug 908134 tracking the work
- uptake for 27.0rc (similar to standard - within 6 days we were up to 2.5M/ 1.7M after 3 days)
- can we test complete update uptake between beta (4 & 5 for example) to get a sense of what a no-partials update would look like in population?
- see what 3 days gets us, keep no-partials rc update as alternative while dealing with security/mar/automation for long haul
- QA: until automation is in place, they are managing by paring down platform & locales done manually
- softvision can do overnight, but when we go live the manual testing resources are lower, won't be back to full coverage until there's automation
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=960781 for automation, aiming to have testable version mid-cycle - goal by next RC - buys increased locales & platforms
- minor bug that the rc wasn't included in the generic 27beta crash counts - could work around it because it was separate item
- this has been fixed in socorro already
- otherwise it worked fine, the support for this rc caused some ftp scraping code to not work correctly, that is also fixed
- in general, really helpful on the stability side to get the data from exactly that build
- correlations bug (existing issue) - minor https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=970687