Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- Meeting archive: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Category:Channel_Meetings
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 1 Special Topics
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Add-ons
- 4 Stability
- 5 Performance (Thu)
- 6 QE
- 7 RelEng
- 8 User Advocacy
- 9 Roundtable
Aurora/Beta Feature Review (Thursday prior to GA Release)
Post-Mortem (Tues 2wks after GA Release)
Sign Off (Thurs prior to GA Release)
- Potential driver: bug 1063052 Firefox 32 startup crash in nsFrame::BoxReflow
- Graph of crashes over time
- Decision made to disable updates for 32.0.1 while we investigate a fix for ^
- Back! Solal, my son is here! Thanks to Lawrence for handling 33
- 33 b4 built (desktop + android)
- 33 b4 Desktop signed off & live
- EARLY_BETA_OR_EARLIER disabled
- No updates.
- The prompt for turning on e10s has caused a number of issues to rise in stats, bugs on the largest ones are filed.
- Topcrash in Aurora, startup crash, also showing up (at slightly lower volume) in Beta and Nightly bug 1064107 (Maybe OMTC related?)
- Crash rates are still high (~1.6 when we shipped 32 with beta being at ~1.2)
- Mostly GFX issues, we'll see what fixes in b4 help.
- At which point do we need to make a call on disabling OMTC and/or D3D11?
- Sylvestre will get in touch with the OMTC leaders (Tracy, GFX owner + relman) if/when we want to disable it in beta
- The fixes in 32.0.1 worked. bug 1063048 (and bug 1062452) is fixed.
- bug 1063052 is still in discussion, see the bug and release-drivers.
- Will be watching b4 to see if topcrash #2 bug 1041744 is resolved
- GFX beta topcrash bug 1028802
- New update server is being enabled for Beta users on Thursday morning.
- Next Tree Closing Window is Saturday, September 20, is the Tree Closing Window.
- See bug 1065514 for details. hg.mozilla.org will be offline for a period of time, so trees will be closed. This is likely to be from 0900-1300PT, but time will be confirmed on Wednesday. Look for the notice with final times later this week.
UA team is in a workweek so text-only update today. Ping Tyler or Cww if you have questions.
- Nightly: lots of complaints about e10s: seems to constantly prompt, is a top crasher, slower and doesn't support add-ons.
- Beta (and possibly release). Some complaints that Amazon hangs/unresponsive script. May be related to roll out of a new website design (old design is the one choking so it may go away as new design rolls out).
- Maybe related bug 1062406?
- (kevin) Trying to find an owner for bug 1067174, which looks pretty bad.